SCE Santa Monica teases new game. God of War IV?

MarsipanRumpan

Hello everyone. 
In a few days at the date of December 5th, we'll see Playstation Experience 2015. If you don't know what Playstation Experience is, its basically a huge Playstation only event, like E3 some would say. It started last year and we got a lot of goodness from it, like the first Uncharted 4 demo, Street Fighter V reveal and tons of Vita coverage. 

But there was also a hidden gem 
Cory Barlog (Maker of God of War II) pretty much leaked God of War IV, and later on SCE Santa Monica revealed it themself but quickly covered it up and deleted every trace of it (Still easy to find though thanks to gaming sites)
The last thing they told everyone was 'We at Santa Monica will play a big role in next years Playstation Experience'

Well, a few days before the event is starting, Santa Monica has been posting a lot of teasers, for something that looks like a ballerina almost, or a child playing.
Basically they are all shown in THIS link, but I will show you one of them. They also type 'See the next fragment' wich imo is a hint at a sequel, they've been doing the 4 omegas for a while too so, yeah I think its safe to say its happening!!!!
9smWRZK.gif

In my opinion. Its happening, this is the first teaser for God of War IV. In my opinion this is maybe Calliope or maybe even Pandora for all we now. I think this has something to do with Kratos family. However, it could also be a hint at a new setting, a new protagonist. 
If you have read my theory on what God of War IV is, you know I belive strongly in the return of Kratos, and I also showed some proof of a new mythology and such, spoken by the developers themself. But the one question remain. Will it be the continuation of Kratos story, or will it be someone new? 

Im super excited, and after all, it might be a new IP or something. But since they announced God of War IV and their new IP was cancelled a while back, I don't think so. I will do FULL coverage on everything related to God of War later, super stoked. 

That's all for me, see you guys at Playstation Experience 2015.

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 2

I think God of War ended perfectly in 3. I love the series but I don't think there should a sequel to 3. Plus how many more prequels can they squeeze in the series, we already have 3 of them. I don't think its fair to milk the series with another story with a different character. Kratos is God of War, that's like making an Uncharted game without Drake.

• Like 3

I have nothing against God of War, but does the game really needs a sequel? I would much prefer if it's something new.

It's already had all the sequels, spin-offs and prequels it needs, but I wouldn't mind playing as Kratos again, those games were fun (I have all 6 plats on PS3, lol).  But III really ended it.  They could give us another story of his life, but III really concluded the series, as well as explaining why humanity abandoned their belief in those particular gods.  It all seemed to wrap up nicely, IMO, so not sure where they could go with Kratos that wouldn't just feel lame...

So do we know if this will be a PS4 exclusive?

Well, they are owned by Sony so yeah it will. Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica Studios is the studio called :)

I bet it is going to be an indie. If they are making GOW IV I'll be surprised and glad.

Well they announced God of War IV last year (Via leak) and then they said they will have a big role this year at PSX.

I think God of War ended perfectly in 3. I love the series but I don't think there should a sequel to 3. Plus how many more prequels can they squeeze in the series, we already have 3 of them. I don't think its fair to milk the series with another story with a different character. Kratos is God of War, that's like making an Uncharted game without Drake.

Well IV won't be a prequel, plus God of War only has a single prequel so I don't really think they have to many.

Barlog said it will definitely not be a prequel, and it seems its a minor reboot in my opinion. Its a direct sequel to three, Barlog says Kratos can beat everyone in Greek mythology and hinting at others, I can only see it getting better.

And don't forget the real villain isn't even dead yet. The villain from the beginning was

Athena

She planned it all the way from the beginning, she wanted to become a higher form of life. So yeah, I think we'll see God of War IV, in egypt mythology with Kratos, it will be Athena who sends him to another mythology wich means he will have to hunt his way back to Greek, in other words slaying all the Egyptic gods.

I think that it did work well with inFamous, so why not a reboot with someone else in the lead (and using other mythology setting, like Nordic or Egyptian..)..

Still for me the only GoW game that was amazing was the 1st one, after that I don't know, it just felt more of the game blood/gore/anger.. but then I'm someone that only bought GoW1 out of rage (I was looking for another game, but kept on finding GoW1 everywhere I looked and end up buying it :lol:). Still have to play GoW3, but kind of refuse to pay €10+ for it, and it's kind of hard to find anything without the Premium or whatever red cover they have nowadays, and I don't like it either... maybe it's time for us to get it in PS+ :lol:

• Like 1

My reasoning is that God of War is the story of Kratos, we are with him from the very beginning before he earns that title, till the very end when he completes all his goals. Having God of War with a different character would make no sense, cause now we have two Gods of War?

My reasoning is that God of War is the story of Kratos, we are with him from the very beginning before he earns that title, till the very end when he completes all his goals. Having God of War with a different character would make no sense, cause now we have two Gods of War?

There are many different mythologies to work with. Ares isn't the only God of War.

Well, different mythologies different Gods of War (seriously, Kratos is just taking down the Greek Gods, what makes it illogical that in another place in another mythology there was another mortal fighting to become a God of War?).

This link is for wikipedia, so take is as you like, but it's enough to prove the amount of War Gods there are..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_deities

The saga of Kratos IMO ended, and shouldn't be touched again, but that's just me..

• Like 2

So far my source's have said GoW4 will the opening with of course uncharted 4 the closer. FF7 battle system with ff7 hd port announced right after the conference and The Last Guardian date obviously take it with a grain of salt but my people have a very good track record so i'm hyped. Also gonna make a small prediction crash will be shown call it a gut feeling.

Edited by ShadowStrike002

Who knows, maybee we will get a Jak and Daxter 4? :D That would be awesome!

Naughty Dog was the developer of Jak and Daxter. Highly doubt that Sony would pass the reins off to another studio without their permission.

So do we know if this will be a PS4 exclusive?

Santa Monica is owned by Sony. Would be surprising if they allowed whatever they are working on to release on other systems.

I think God of War ended perfectly in 3.

Honestly, the first game already had it all. All the other games were just as much fun as games, but the first one really nailed it on every aspect. I know the gaming industry thrives on sequels, but sometimes, the first iteration is just already so complete in and of itself, making a sequel is just plain unnecessary and 99% sure to be worse than the original. I say this not only for God of War, but for Ookami and even Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. They all had pretty decent sequels, but in my opinion, all of them were worse than the originals.

• Like 2

It's not like this stuff never happened before, imagine for instance Devil May Cry without Dante...Oh wait... :(