2nd Annual PSNProfiles Guide of the Year Awards - Nomination Thread

Platisfaction

I am still here, so I can make my nomination :)

I wanted to nominate damon8r351's Pier Solar guide. http://psnprofiles.c...ts-Trophy-Guide.  This guide deserves to be nominated, because it took a lot of work, and is Incredibly in-depth.  It even includes videos for each area to guide finding all the chests.  In my opinion it is a perfect example of the high caliber of guides this site should be striving for.

Edit: Damnit, I was in a hurry trying to get my post in at work, and I didn't read it :(.  I actually made this nomination a week ago because I thought I would be gone today, so I was in a hurry.  I did make next 4 people make posts without nominating anyone, so that has to be worth something :)

Edited by Sir_Bee

I am still here, so I can make my nomination :)

I wanted to nominate damon8r351's Pier Solar guide. http://psnprofiles.c...ts-Trophy-Guide

Might want to elaborate on that a bit ;).

The nomination thread will be open for two weeks. You can nominate any guide you want except your own. However, you are required to give solid reasons for your choice.
Edited by Dragon-Archon

Can't wait to see how this turns out! I wonder if any of my own guides will be nominated...

EDIT: I have decided to nominate TheGreatPapyrus's Tales of Vesperia guide: http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3083-%E3%83%86%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%82%BA-%E3%82%AA%E3%83%96-%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A7%E3%82%B9%E3%83%9A%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A2-Trophy-Guide

It's a fantastically detailed guide for a massive game, packed with tons and tons of detail, tips and tricks, and extras - and it's a Japanese-only game to boot! Definitely one of the year's best efforts imo.

Edited by MrSwagtwiceover

You all did a fantastic job with your guides this year! Now it's time for the fight! :P

Atleast we won't have to take on the awesomely written guides made by the guide staff :P Alas the competition is still strong  :shakefist:

There are a couple of guides i have my eye on, but i'm still deciding on which one i want to nominate. 

• Like 2

Atleast we won't have to take on the awesomely written guides made by the guide staff :P Alas the competition is still strong  :shakefist:

There are a couple of guides i have my eye on, but i'm still deciding on which one i want to nominate. 

You'll be happy to know co-op guides with the guide staff are still your biggest nightmare :P.

Yeah, remember to give a little explanation why you're nominating (in other words, read the top post in full! lol)

You all did a fantastic job with your guides this year! Now it's time for the fight! :P

Maybe there should've been a "Read the OP First" part at the end of the tread title :awesome:.

• Like 2

Finally!!!!!!

I want to nominate one of the best guides ever imo, so usefull.

My first nominee is Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep trophy guide (ExHaseo and BlindMango) its SUCH a great guide. It helped me out a ton with my first Ventus playthough, and really the way they have the 'guidelines' for how to complete the game. It helps so much and its ON POINT. Thanks to the guide I completed both Ventus and Terra with a BREEZE, and I will definitely use it in the future when Im playing as Aqua. WIN, YOU DESERVE IT GUYS!

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 1

First of all I would like to thank the guide team for their efforts with reviewing all of this large number of guides  :facepalm:  so thank you very much.

It's really hard to decide which guide is the best, 15 days it's a fair period so I can take my time and check multiple guides, specially the guides that helped me this year.

Good luck for all the participants  :wave:

• Like 1

I vote for Potent_Delusions          Battlefield: Bad Company Trophy Guide

This is a solid guide with rock hard info on how to obtain every trophy. With a beautifully constructed roadmap. I always though the plat was unobtainable for this game, then I saw his guide and was surprised! It almost made me want to buy the game, even though I have no interest in it lol. All together I thought this was a well put together guide, it stands out. 

• Like 1

A big shout out to the guide team and to all who dedicate their time to making games easier for the rest of us.

If I just had to nominate one it would be Demon Gaze Global Edition. For those that don't know Demon Gaze is a wizardry type turn base RPG with little tolerance for the player. The guide was instrumental in me obtaining my plat.

Reasons for Nominating:

• It includes numerous quality pictures, not only of boss forms and stats for the different classes, but also different maps. In a wizardry type (first person dungeon crawler) game maps are paramount. The time taken to either take or find that many screenshots would be quite large.
  • It includes details about the importance of party class selection, shows numerous pictures detailing their differences, displays recommended levels for bosses, and provides stats best fitted to upgrade for each class so the player can make the decision best for them instead of blinding choosing a class and guessing which stats work best.
  • It includes information that is not presented in the game and is extremely useful. Example: Pick up a Healing Rod. ANYONE can use it; not just healers. This saved me so much grief since healers are not available at the start of the game.
  • It includes detailed tables on where to find collectibles. For an example: to describe how to get the mushroom collectibles the author had to list the location, the specific district within the location, the coordinates within that specific district, which demon they were using, and even which direction they were facing.

Edit: I do note that some of the map links take you to a different site displaying those maps but it should be noted that the author appears to be the same person and that they are only referencing their previous work originally published on another website. If this disqualifies the guide let me know and I'll choose another.

Edited by Bucknerd
  • Like 2

I nominate Saltyie and Platisfactions bloodborne guide. Really feel they went above and beyond what a normal guide has. Such as a general FAQ section, extensive tips for each boss fight, recommended levels you should be when attempting trophies and a crazy detailed item drop guide. This was one of the clear guides that stook out for me when I was bouncing between a few trying to get this plat. Really great work and a guide worthy of the game itself.

• Like 2

I'll nominate the God of War: Ascension - Complete Collectable Walkthrough guide. It was detailed enough that I didn't need to use a video guide for the collectables and that I didn't need to replay any levels. Reading it prior to starting another game inspired me to write a guide in a similar style.

Hopefully those reasons are solid enough.

• Like 2

i nominate Saltyie and Platisfaction's joint effort in creating an outstanding guide for Bloodborne

the road map to the coveted :platinum:  is carefully planned out and extremely well written. the amount of detail is staggering. one can find in depth descriptions for key items, recommended levels and fighting tips for every single boss, and how to get to every important location in the game. there are also plenty of videos and screenshots provided to help those playing as well. even though i personally believe everyone's first playthrough of a from soft should be completely blind, if a player is lost, confused, or just want a couple tips, this guide will provide everything one could possibly need. 

it's clear how much love was put into the creation of this guide, and i believe the creators should be well rewarded for it.  :yay:

• Like 3

I nominate Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Trophy Guide a joint effort between TheFinalEmblem and blue_flare9001.

It is an excellent guide. Their roadmap is clear, efficient and logical, and will get you all the trophies with minimal fuss. 

When it comes to the individual trophies, the requirements for some of which are incredibly complex, they have done a fantastic job. Just look at the work that went into this one. Good use of the tools available in the guide-maker makes it very clear what the player has to do, when and where they have to do it, etc. Additionally, they take the time to explain the underlying game mechanic - which is not provided by the games themselves - so that players understand why they are doing the things they're doing, not just what they have to do. 

There are numerous other trophies in this guide which are just as well presented and explained. It really is an excellent resource for anyone who wants that platinum, and should be considered for a prize.

Edited by StrickenBiged

I nominate:

both joint efforts between TheFinalEmblem and blue_flare9001.

Both are excellent guides. Their roadmaps are clear, efficient and logical, and will get you all the trophies with minimal fuss. 

When it comes to the individual trophies, the requirements for some of which are incredibly complex, they have done a fantastic job. Just look at the work that went into this trophy. Or this one on the second game. Good use of the tools available in the guide-maker makes it very clear what the player has to do, when and where they have to do it, etc. Additionally, they take the time to explain the underlying game mechanic - which is not provided by the games themselves - so that players understand why they are doing the things they're doing, not just what they have to do. 

Overall, two excellent guides. It would make a lot of sense for one or both of these to win a prize. If only one, then the prize should probably go to Danganronpa 2, as it is the slightly more complex game with more modes. 

You're only allowed to nominate 1 guide.

I'd like to nominate hasegawa2010's MIND≒0 guide. The English in it might be a little rough, but it's detailed, informative, and packed with supplements to help players. It also features Japanese text to help players playing the Japanese version of the game, which is nice. 

I also nominate hasegawa2010's MIND=0 guide.

I still have yet to earn the platinum because i'm putting it on a short hiatus from playing it, but i can still give enough reasons for it to qualify.

• Each trophy, or i won't say "all" of them and rather most, are explained splendidly with more than enough reason.
  • The screenshots taken are a real helpful point, even if the player already knows about it.
  • The "recommended" setup for each boss battle on Extreme is also really helpful, it helps keeping things fresh and to the easiest.
  • The writer also took the time to translate names and such for Japanese players.
  • The english may be off at a few parts, but it is no problem as the point is there. And i'm not really an Ace at english either so.
  • Finally, the guide includes almost perfect details about each trophy, and this is enough to please me as i like everything to be as detailed as possible, even if it is silly. 
Edited by YaoiGod