2nd Annual PSNProfiles Guide of the Year Awards - Nomination Thread

Platisfaction

I'm nominating TheFireEmblem/TheGreatPapyrus' テイルズ-オブ-ヴェスペリア. The guide is massive and has tons of tips and info about every little detail in the game. It's the most memorable guide this year for me, as it's so thorough that it actually inspired me to get the PS3 version of Vesperia even though it's Japanese-only.

Well you have to give solid reasons for the nomination too, so I can't just add a guide ;).

I would be just rephrasing what Stricken said, though...

Well, here I go.

• The guide is clean, without any disturbing elements that would prevent players from accessing the information they are looking for
  • The guide tips are as spoiler-free as possible while still providing full info about the trophy's requirement, which is very important for games like this where story is the most important thing
  • The complicated/annoying trophies are given very throughout description with many tips not provided in the game
  • The most important thing, they are Japanese games :awesome:

I have no idea which guide I summarized, but does it even matter if both are awesome? :awesome:

Is this sufficient?

Even though i limited myself to guides i actually used, there were still quite a few guides i wanted to nominate. In the end i'm going to go with Dragon Age: Inquisition

The guide itself is very detailed and complete. I'd often find more information in the guide than on the wiki's regarding trophies, and that says a lot. Not to mention that it's one of the best updated guides i've seen. 

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 2

I have played very few games with guides written in 2015, so the list of eligible guides for me is pretty short, it's between God of War Ascension Collectibles, Papo & Yo, The Swapper, Back to the Future episode 1 and God of War 2 guides.

When I decide which one to nominate and the respective reasons I'll edit my post.

All the votes up to this point have been tallied and the OP has been updated. :)

I think you missed one ;) . Also MIND=0 has 2 nominations (see quotes below).

Even though i limited myself to guides i actually used, there were still quite a few guides i wanted to nominate. In the end i'm going to go with Dragon Age: Inquisition

The guide itself is very detailed and complete. I'd often find more information in the guide than on the wiki's regarding trophies, and that says a lot. Not to mention that it's one of the best updated guides i've seen. 

I'd like to nominate hasegawa2010's MIND≒0 guide. The English in it might be a little rough, but it's detailed, informative, and packed with supplements to help players. It also features Japanese text to help players playing the Japanese version of the game, which is nice. 

I also nominate hasegawa2010's MIND=0 guide.

I still have yet to earn the platinum because i'm putting it on a short hiatus from playing it, but i can still give enough reasons for it to qualify.

• Each trophy, or i won't say "all" of them and rather most, are explained splendidly with more than enough reason.
  • The screenshots taken are a real helpful point, even if the player already knows about it.
  • The "recommended" setup for each boss battle on Extreme is also really helpful, it helps keeping things fresh and to the easiest.
  • The writer also took the time to translate names and such for Japanese players.
  • The english may be off at a few parts, but it is no problem as the point is there. And i'm not really an Ace at english either so.
  • Finally, the guide includes almost perfect details about each trophy, and this is enough to please me as i like everything to be as detailed as possible, even if it is silly. 

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I'd like to nominate http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3076-New-Little-Kings-Story-Trophy-Guide byShakilrahman96. I've only recently started playing the game as it was an early Christmas present but the guide is a life saver.

It doesn't just tell you what conditions have to be met to obtain the trophy, the author also does his best to help you overcome hard bosses and difficult trophies by providing strategies for every boss in the game.

I think I'll have that platinum in no time using a guide like this! :D

• Like 1

I'd like to nominate Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. After reading this guide I've ordered this game as the platinum looks really doable and lots of fun. The guide itself is both succinct and comprehensive whenever necessary. Some trophies are pretty straightforward but even then the guide has some succinct information. The more difficult or complicated trophies have lots of information and video's to explain all you need to know. Overall a great guide.

• Like 1