Risky

Platinum obtainable?

114 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

One new achiever

Shall we ask him? :D.

 

Unobtainable "LEAGUE OF CLONES" as a first trophy -> genius :].

We don't name-and-shame in the forums

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kittet3 said:

We don't name-and-shame in the forums

 

Right, pardon :/...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2018 at 10:24 AM, Kittet3 said:

We don't name-and-shame in the forums

 

On 13/07/2018 at 10:25 AM, Smashero said:

 

Right, pardon :/...

 

I know his post is sarcasm but I mean, he wasn't exactly naming and shaming, he just poked fun at the new person who suddenly has this platinum who probably doesn't care about how legit their trophies appear, otherwise they'd look at any unobtainable trophies and avoid unlocking them.

 

The trophy list is on the website publicly and if they don't like that, they can always remove themselves manually if they want to avoid being talked about on the forums.  

 

I already mentioned why it's contradictory to mention the naming and shaming rule for bringing up people's trophy lists: 

 

Edited by Sergen
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sergen said:

 

 

I know his post is sarcasm but I mean, he wasn't exactly naming and shaming, he just poked fun at the new person who suddenly has this platinum who probably doesn't care about how legit their trophies appear, otherwise they'd look at any unobtainable trophies and avoid unlocking them.

 

The trophy list is on the website publicly and if they don't like that, they can always remove themselves manually if they want to avoid being talked about on the forums.  

 

I already mentioned why it's contradictory to mention the naming and shaming rule for bringing up people's trophy lists: 

 

I still advise against drawing attention to trophy lists of users that are not apart of the forums and it's been a community standard to not link to people's trophy lists like that. I think it was the God of War platinum where people were discussing a specific user who got it really fast. The user ended up getting harassed, ignored in the forums, and eventually they hid there trophy list because of the people private messaging them on PSN about it based off the thread. Since many people don't sign themselves up to this website and, unlike disputes, they might not even know this website exists, they shouldn't be harassed because of it. 

 

Then again, I'm not a moderator and they didn't seem to take issue with it. :dunno: I still don't personally agree with it. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I still advise against drawing attention to trophy lists of users that are not apart of the forums and it's been a community standard to not link to people's trophy lists like that. I think it was the God of War platinum where people were discussing a specific user who got it really fast. The user ended up getting harassed, ignored in the forums, and eventually they hid there trophy list because of the people private messaging them on PSN about it based off the thread. Since many people don't sign themselves up to this website and, unlike disputes, they might not even know this website exists, they shouldn't be harassed because of it. 

 

Then again, I'm not a moderator and they didn't seem to take issue with it. :dunno: I still don't personally agree with it. 

 

Then why are you talking like you own the website with your posts? If it's only your opinion, don't use "we" as a way of explaining what is right and wrong, it also wasn't naming and shaming since it didn't exactly point at that person's profile to say "this is horrible, they hacked the game" and anyone who looked at the 100% club before the guy got flagged would have seen the profile anyway. Either way, if their profile is on the website there's a good chance they added themselves to it. I simply recommend if you are going to leave your opinion, don't talk on the behalf of everyone else when you do, not everyone thinks it's wrong to bring attention to a profile that is already publicly available on the website and if they don't like the fact that it is available they can always choose to remove themselves. More often than not, if the person is messaged on PSN and they ask "how did you find me?" they'll get the response: "PSNProfiles" and then the person can look that up and easily find the removal option. 

Edited by Sergen
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I still advise against drawing attention to trophy lists of users that are not apart of the forums and it's been a community standard to not link to people's trophy lists like that. I think it was the God of War platinum where people were discussing a specific user who got it really fast. The user ended up getting harassed, ignored in the forums, and eventually they hid there trophy list because of the people private messaging them on PSN about it based off the thread. Since many people don't sign themselves up to this website and, unlike disputes, they might not even know this website exists, they shouldn't be harassed because of it. 

 

Then again, I'm not a moderator and they didn't seem to take issue with it. :dunno: I still don't personally agree with it. 

 

Hm... On one hand, right - situation mentioned by you with GoW is sick and shouldn't happen of course.

But on the other hand: those profiles mentioned by me are on the LB with obviously cheated games. I am not checking if they owners are registered on the forum or not.

Since there is a discussion about unobtainable trophy I wanted to mention that there are Users who somehow got it. And since it is clearly hacked I do not see a reason why not to point that out?

I can not report the game, since I do not have it on my list because 100% can not be done.

And now, since those two have exactly same timestamps it is obvious that they were not earned legitimately and I expect more of such profiles to appear in the future.

Edited by Smashero
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

 

Then why are you talking like you own the website with your posts? If it's only your opinion, don't use "we" as a way of explaining what is right and wrong, it also wasn't naming and shaming since it didn't exactly point at that person's profile to say "this is horrible, they hacked the game" and anyone who looked at the 100% club before the guy got flagged would have seen the profile anyway. Either way, if their profile is on the website there's a good chance they added themselves to it. I simply recommend if you are going to leave your opinion, don't talk on the behalf of everyone else when you do, not everyone thinks it's wrong to bring attention to a profile that is already publicly available on the website and if they don't like the fact that it is available they can always choose to remove themselves. More often than not, if the person is messaged on PSN and they ask "how did you find me?" they'll respond with "PSNProfiles" and then the person can look that up and easily find the removal option. 

I was in no way talking like I own the website. We don't name and shame here. This has been a community standard since I joined the site. I am not even the first person to say that statement.

 

 

I'm not getting roped into arguing whether or not we should publicly post profiles of users with hacked trophies on a forum. There's no benefit from doing so and it's toxic to the forums. If you want to report trophies you don't own, then you can message someone who has the game or a member of the flagging team.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I contacted @MMDE regarding those profiles - he already took care about them.

Ok, so to avoid such discussions in the future, even if I am not fully agree with it, next cases like this I will report directly to him without mentioning the profiles here.

 

(Until someone will obtain the glitched trophies in legitimate way ;) ).

Edited by Smashero
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we have a real platinum achiever? There are some interesting platinum trophies in his profile... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RolandMate said:

Do we have a real platinum achiever? There are some interesting platinum trophies in his profile... 

No he hacked it.   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RolandMate said:

Shame... On him. Why isn't he banned then? 

 

Check again ;).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.