Mass Effect 3 Reported to have Multiplayer

BountyHunterinc

Mass-Effect-3-E3-Screenshots-Banner.jpg

This Means War..

The rumors, arguements and debates that have been taking place over whether or not Mass Effect 3 would include a multiplayer component, have been going on since the game was officially revealed at last year’s Spike Video Game Awards, and now the cat is out of the bag, with the rumors becoming a possible reality. UK gaming mag, Xbox World 360, have a cover story of their next issue, showing Commander Shepard, with the statement; “New Levels – And Multiplayer!”

There are no details yet on what exactly multiplayer will be like, but it could be anything from full-blown Alliance vs Geth deathmatches, co-op missions taken from the Campaign, or a Horde mode similiar to that of Gears of War. Whatever the online component will be, it has people a little concerned about Bioware's Priorities, like will they be spending too much time on multiplayer, and will it distract the team from what is one of the greatest single player franchise's this generation?

On top of this, it look's like Bioware will be revealing the Multiplayer at GamesCom 2011. The event will be taking place in just a few short weeks. There are several messages around Twitter that have stated this revelation.

ME3 MP RT: @APZonerunner: @miladesn Now the cat is out: it's a GamesCom debut and will be playable at 2 UK trade shows in September.

Only time will tell what Bioware have in store for Mass Effect 3, but I hope they have made the right decisions for the Loyal fans of the heavy hitting Franchise, considering a lot of people did not want a Multiplayer feature to be implemented. Personally it won't sway me off the purchase, but i'm not too happy about this, as some games just don't need it.. Look at Dead Space 2 for example, it was pretty much dead in a few months. So if this defintely true, they need to showcase some impressive features for it to take off the ground.

Mass Effect 3, and the Reapers are planning to invade in March 2012.

Source: Myona

*waits for the people who think that including multiplayer immediately makes the single player inferior to other games in the series*

If the report turns out to be true, then I don't see a problem in it.. as long as it turns out to have a lot of great features, and doesn't affect the Single Player in any way. I believe a 'Horde' style mode could be interesting if done right.

If the report turns out to be true, then I don't see a problem in it.. as long as it turns out to have a lot of great features, and doesn't affect the Single Player in any way. I believe a 'Horde' style mode could be interesting if done right.

It's very existence affects the single player, for some people.

Uh...I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I dont want ME to have multiplayer since, in my mind at least, it's a purely single player experience. On the other hand, I want to be able to play with friends through the story mission. If they do cross-platform, especially with PS3/PC cross platform, it could work. I'm not a big fan of deathmatch mode but I can see it working for ME to some extent.