How do you collect that first sign?

StrickenBiged

7Vxgg6J.jpg

In Chapter 1. It's really obvious, standing right there on the wall. I've tried jumping, but you can't jump high enough. I've tried jumping from the ledge on the left, but you always climb the ledge above. 

Can your character double jump or something? I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing seems to get me high enough.

AFAI can tell, you can't aim your gun at it to shoot it down. 

Annoying because apparently you need to get all the collectibles in a single PT[Edit: I misread the guide on the other site], and I can't even grab the first one!!!

Thanks for any help!

Edited by StrickenBiged

Ah! 

The other site tells me that, if you can't reach it yourself, you need to air-juggle an enemy into it. 

So I guess I need to re-start my PT and find an enemy I can lure to the ledge in the picture, then shoot him into the sign.

I wish the game explained that mechanic...

Started a new PT last night and had a weird thing happen. First off, I deleted my other 2 campaign save files on the system. In one of those save files, slot 2, I had collected 2 signs in Chapter 2.

Started a new campaign, and collected this first sign in chapter 1 by air juggling the enemy. Then the trophy for collecting 3 signs popped. 

I wonder if the trophy is glitched, in a good way, and you could somehow just collect the 1st sign 45 times...?

I'm on chapter 6 now, and have been collecting all the signs on my way. 5x3 = 15, so if the collectible trophies are glitched, I should expect the trophy for 20 signs to pop when I have, in fact, collected 18 signs, i.e. at the end of chapter 6. I'll see what happens tonight.

If that happens, I think I'll break off and re-play Chapter 1 another 25 times to see if the 45 sign trophy will pop.

I'll report back. 

I dont think its glitched,it just stack the info for the signs collected in all saves,and counts only the 1st time you reach it(and thats why you dont need to make it on one playthrough but you can chapter select it,unlike other trophies that need to be on one game run)

Edited by padrinoapo18

I dont think its glitched,it just stack the info for the signs collected in all saves,and counts only the 1st time you reach it(and thats why you dont need to make it on one playthrough but you can chapter select it,unlike other trophies that need to be on one game run)

But I deleted my other 2 saves...

Unless the game has a background "master save" slot maybe...?

Must be something like stats registry...i dont know but the guides mentions what trophies you have to do in one playthrough and the signs are not in there ;)

Ah! I found Chapter Select last night. Chapter Select tells you what collectibles you're missing, so it appears there is a background "system save" in addition to your other save slots. 

If you are missing Signs 2 or 3 in any given level, you still need to find Sign 1 in that chapter to make them appear in the level though, so loading via Chapter Select is like a completely fresh run at the level.