BigFest: Thoughts on game. A Vita Exclusive!

StrickenBiged

So, can anyone tell me how easy/ difficult its gonna b for a person with no sense or exp of playin a rhythm game?

It's not a rhythm game. It's Theme Park meets Farm Frenzy (click the baddies). Can give a definite difficulty score upon getting 100%, can't say it's not a grind though.

Please do!

Well I have spent a few hours with this. Sotting at 50% trophy completion. Its not a grind. The bands blow but I like the idea of what they are trying to accomplish. I actually really enjoy the gameplay. Its fun. Simple. Only had one hiccup where the game broke and I had to reset.

So far you can cheese earlier levels to get your currency for the game a bit higher. The other way is to invade other peoples festivals and use party tokens. You can have someone set garbage on fire or mess with the washrooms. This gives a fair bonus. Only issue is keeping track do you dont waste the tokens. Upgrading security office lets you hold more currency and thus youll want to make sure youre not maxed before going on a spree at someone elses festival. You will need a bit of time in the game but it is fun.

Does anyone know the requirements for the "A Big Yellow Taxi" trophy? I have removed over 50 trees and junk (even removed 50 during one festival playthrough just to make sure), but it doesn't pop. Is there a level requirement that introduces a new visitor type tracking these kind of removals?

Does anyone know the requirements for the "A Big Yellow Taxi" trophy? I have removed over 50 trees and junk (even removed 50 during one festival playthrough just to make sure), but it doesn't pop. Is there a level requirement that introduces a new visitor type tracking these kind of removals?

I have this problem too. I have tried the same things that you say, to no avail. It must have glitched on us...

I'm having trouble getting the 50 Customizations.

Doesn't matter what I seem to do I can't unlock any more that the 33 I currently have.

Does anyone have any ideas?

You should be able to keep going into GuestFest and collecting the two customisations there, they don't have to be unique. Sometimes there seems to be a delay when they respawn, I'm struggling to get this trophy too as it wont let me into other festivals no matter how much I click on them.

Hi there,

anyone else is getting random "network error" messages? It´s weird because internet works perfect in my Vita, I can use the Store normally, but still from time to time the error note pops up...and most of the times is almost impossible to recover the connection without restarting the game...

Its a surprise that they still make vita exclusive and thats the reason i wana buy it. Thats the max i cn do to prolong the life of a dying machine. So, can anyone tell me how easy/ difficult its gonna b for a person with no sense or exp of playin a rhythm game? I really wana play it but i hv far too many non-completed games already, so dont wana add another game which i wud not be able to 100%. I saw Capzilla sayin its 0 or 1/10. Is it that simple? Any suggestion is appreciated

It's definitely a 1/10, its abit of a grind to earn money to upgrade everything but if your playing on another platform whilst your Vita is near you can rubber band it.

No, you do not need to upgrade it to level 7, you just need the level 6 office filled entirely (have 120,000 BigNotes in it).

As for the trees/junk glitch: I suspect it is an integer overflow bug of some sort. At one point I earned 5 VIP tickets and the counter jumped to an amount similar to 429496295 which is the maximum value of a 32-bit unsigned integer, so I've got a hunch it's a similar problem. I've tweeted and e-mailed On The Metal, hopefully they respond. Since it's the only trophy I still need a complete reset of the game (why is that not an option!!!) would suffice for me to plat.

Edited by Capzilla

No, you do not need to upgrade it to level 7, you just need the level 6 office filled entirely (have 120,000 BigNotes in it).

As for the trees/junk glitch: I suspect it is an integer overflow bug of some sort. At one point I earned 5 VIP tickets and the counter jumped to an amount similar to 429496295 which is the maximum value of a 32-bit unsigned integer, so I've got a hunch it's a similar problem. I've tweeted and e-mailed On The Metal, hopefully they respond. Since it's the only trophy I still need a complete reset of the game (why is that not an option!!!) would suffice for me to plat.

Why not delete the game, which will wipe your install and save data, then redownload?

Why not delete the game, which will wipe your install and save data, then redownload?

Did that (checked PS+ online storage as well) but save data seems to be on the Bigfest servers. Although you are right, I could probably do that again and then disconnect before playing.

That said, On The Metal replied to me and said they talked about a reset option with Sony, that the decision is with Sony but that they are thinking about it. 

Did that (checked PS+ online storage as well) but save data seems to be on the Bigfest servers. Although you are right, I could probably do that again and then disconnect before playing.

That said, On The Metal replied to me and said they talked about a reset option with Sony, that the decision is with Sony but that they are thinking about it. 

So we just have to fucking wait and hope that one day we would get a reset option ? Go to hell Sony  :angry:

I'm just finishing WRC5 on the PS4. It's not that good. If you want an easy plat, not a bad choice. If you're looking for a fun game to play, keep looking.

I got it on my vita this morning! Haven't started it yet. From the reviews I've read, I see where you're coming from. But I am a rally fan so I have a passion for these games

I got it on my vita this morning! Haven't started it yet. From the reviews I've read, I see where you're coming from. But I am a rally fan so I have a passion for these games

Have played rally games for years, and quite like racers in general. Not exactly sure how to explain it, but the racing just feels wrong. The cars are floaty. You hit the hand brake, get the car in a slide, start to corner, then just float off. The speeds are so wrong. You're supposedly going 70km/hr, but are barely moving, and yet you can go from 70 to 170 in seconds. So racing becomes more about nursing the car around the track than actually attacking.

Some of the courses are stupid tight. Like the road is barely more than a cars width. Well, you can't really slide through corners when you have no track. You can't even start to get sideways as you are off and hitting rock or snow.

With the AI set to easy, you cannot lose. I think it I impossible. So basically the game is a gimme plat. The only trophy that isn't awarded by progression is for winning one race online. Actual the online was fun. Too bad it isn't in the Vita version. So yeah, the game becomes a Telltale story game as a racer ;)

You may get some fun out of it, but I'm just gonna finish the last few rally's and return it to the library. Will be a forgettable plat on my profile. 1000 easy points, but virtually no enjoyment. Actually looking forward to Barbie Puppy Rescue.....

Have played rally games for years, and quite like racers in general. Not exactly sure how to explain it, but the racing just feels wrong. The cars are floaty. You hit the hand brake, get the car in a slide, start to corner, then just float off. The speeds are so wrong. You're supposedly going 70km/hr, but are barely moving, and yet you can go from 70 to 170 in seconds. So racing becomes more about nursing the car around the track than actually attacking.

Some of the courses are stupid tight. Like the road is barely more than a cars width. Well, you can't really slide through corners when you have no track. You can't even start to get sideways as you are off and hitting rock or snow.

With the AI set to easy, you cannot lose. I think it I impossible. So basically the game is a gimme plat. The only trophy that isn't awarded by progression is for winning one race online. Actual the online was fun. Too bad it isn't in the Vita version. So yeah, the game becomes a Telltale story game as a racer ;)

You may get some fun out of it, but I'm just gonna finish the last few rally's and return it to the library. Will be a forgettable plat on my profile. 1000 easy points, but virtually no enjoyment. Actually looking forward to Barbie Puppy Rescue.....

Real bummer that there is no online on the vita. But I hear what you're saying. That's very disappointing. Are you going to get the Sebastian Loeb rally game coming out next year?