Duo trophy with 1 controller?

Finozzi1696

Hi, I only have 1 controller on my PS4, can I get the Duo trophies using my PS Vita? or is there another way to get them with only 1 controller? Thanks.

I don't no if it works on the ps4, but on the ps3 you can use your smartphone with the beyond two souls app.

Edit, from the guide :

2 CONTROLLERSOFFLINE CO‑OPMISSABLE

You'll have to complete the entire game while playing in Duo Mode setting to earn this trophy. Playing in Duo Mode requires a second controller or a controller + PS Vita as a second controller via remote play. There is also "Beyond Touch", a mobile application which can be used instead of the second controller but it's currently not recognized by the PlayStation 4 version of the game however that may be corrected in an upcoming update.

You don't have to find another partner to do this mode with, you can do it by yourself with 2 controllers because you usually will not play with both characters at the same time. Be careful not to switch your mode setting while playing the game because it will cause you to start a new fresh game for this trophy. You can switch to Duo mode by going to the main menu, then by choosing "Game Mode". Don't use chapter select to play in Duo mode, you have to start a new game in Duo mode and finish the game to get this trophy. Once you finish the game in Duo Mode, the trophy will unlock.

Edited by RIEKZIE

Should be possible in theory. If you use remote play, then the vita will be player 1's controller. Then turn on your DS4, and that will be the player 2 controller. 

Try it and see. 

I don't no if it works on the ps4, but on the ps3 you can use your smartphone with the beyond two souls app.

Edit, from the guide :

2 CONTROLLERSOFFLINE CO‑OPMISSABLE

You'll have to complete the entire game while playing in Duo Mode setting to earn this trophy. Playing in Duo Mode requires a second controller or a controller + PS Vita as a second controller via remote play. There is also "Beyond Touch", a mobile application which can be used instead of the second controller but it's currently not recognized by the PlayStation 4 version of the game however that may be corrected in an upcoming update.

You don't have to find another partner to do this mode with, you can do it by yourself with 2 controllers because you usually will not play with both characters at the same time. Be careful not to switch your mode setting while playing the game because it will cause you to start a new fresh game for this trophy. You can switch to Duo mode by going to the main menu, then by choosing "Game Mode". Don't use chapter select to play in Duo mode, you have to start a new game in Duo mode and finish the game to get this trophy. Once you finish the game in Duo Mode, the trophy will unlock.

Thanks both!

I'm going to try doing it with my Vita when I get the game.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 22/09/2017 at 8:02 PM, medenko1975 said:

how on earth you play with 2 controllers, i can't figure it out.

Turn on your first controller, log in, etc. Turn on second controller, make/choose a different profile/create a guest when prompted. When you launch the game select duo mode and it should pick up both controllers when you choose who is Aiden and who is Jodie.

• 6 months later...

Yeah the App is totally not working at all for me. Refuses to connect to my PS4 and when I connected my console and phone through a second app, Beyond Touch just crashes as soon as it tries to load the application. What a joke. Good to know shareplay is an option as it's the only way you can get the plat unless you shell out extra cash for a 2nd controller, all for the sake of one trophy -_-

Edited by screenwriter91

6 hours ago, screenwriter91 said:

Yeah the App is totally not working at all for me. Refuses to connect to my PS4 and when I connected my console and phone through a second app, Beyond Touch just crashes as soon as it tries to load the application. What a joke. Good to know shareplay is an option as it's the only way you can get the plat unless you shell out extra cash for a 2nd controller, all for the sake of one trophy -_-

You need a second account in your PS4 and use that account in the app.

Worked perfect for me.

Main account for you controller, second account for the app.

Edited by SnizelPS

12 hours ago, SnizelPS said:

You need a second account in your PS4 and use that account in the app.

Worked perfect for me.

Main account for you controller, second account for the app.

I figured that was an issue so went and took care of it, still doesn't work. Logged into main on controller and second on app, it just refuses to connect to my PS4. Invited a friend to do it using shareplay anyway, it's strange that no one ever seems to mention shareplay as a solution for 2 player trophies if the player doesn't have a second controller. Never even thought about using it until now. 

• 1 month later...

Heyy @SuperZay,

I've been facing the same problem. Phone and ps4 are connected. Main account logged in ps4 and new account logged in beyond touch app. When selecting the ps4 detected by the app I get the error, 'Cannot connect to the ps4. On the ps4, sign in to PSN using your Sony entertainment account.' 

Any suggestions? "

19 minutes ago, bharathesh_fury said:

Heyy @SuperZay,

I've been facing the same problem. Phone and ps4 are connected. Main account logged in ps4 and new account logged in beyond touch app. When selecting the ps4 detected by the app I get the error, 'Cannot connect to the ps4. On the ps4, sign in to PSN using your Sony entertainment account.' 

Any suggestions? "

The Duo App was never updated to make it compatible with the PS4, thus it's very buggy and only connects when it feels like it :(. If you have a Vita or a second controller, then use one of those instead as it will be a lot less stressful than fighting the App and trying to get it to work.

On 2-12-2015 at 6:27 PM, Finozzi1696 said:

Hi, I only have 1 controller on my PS4, can I get the Duo trophies using my PS Vita? or is there another way to get them with only 1 controller? Thanks.

It works with Vita, you don't need a second account either. Just log in as a guest. Also for people trying to do the PS3 version, you can also use your DS4 as a second controller.