What would you like in a sequel to PSASBR?

Hello everyone! :)
I've been thinking a lot about Playstation All Stars lately, I really want a sequel as I absolutely loved the game, I thought it was brilliant to play with friends however a little boring to play alone. I think I've played around 80 hours and bought every DLC for the game.

In my opinion, this game have so much potential, it could be an amazing game. After all, there is no denying that All Stars wasn't amazing even though its a lot of fun and great. So I wanted to ask and talk about what you would like to see in a sequel to this game? In terms of characters (Be realistic about characters), new modes and everything related to it.

In my honest opinion, the game is so much alike Smash Bros 64. People get angry at me when I say this and I get that, but think about it. Small roster, few modes but great gameplay (In my opinion, again) So in a sequel I expect it to be the Brawl of the Smash series, huge roster, lots of stages, a story and more. THAT would be awesome.

I'd say my first wish would be a story mode. Even though Brawl's story wasn't the deepest, it was SUCH AN AMAZING fucking story, I could replay that shit over and over and over again because it was so good. Imagine what you could do with Playstation characters, and the cutscenes when Spike fights Parappa or Kratos fights Dante, I want it so bad. Imagine Kratos and Nariko teaming up so they can defeat Drake and Lara. Right?
I also  want a way to unlock characters, say start with 10 characters and unlock more from doing stuff i.e playing the story. That would be awesome. 
Another thing I would want is the character announcement trailers to be better. This doesn't really impact the game at all, but Smash trailers makes you go insane, they are awesome. Search up the Palutena trailer, or the Mii one, or the Mega Man one and then search for Cole's announcement trailer. All Stars trailers is so boring compared to the Smash ones.

Finally, lets talk about the part that you all care about most, in both Smash and All Stars, the roster.
I would want to see everyone in the previous game basically, however make Cole one character and have options for him, for example press a button to switch karma or have the karma on different skins. Maybe change their moves up a whole lot. That's my wishes for the already existing ones (Including DLC characters) HOWEVER, speaking of new characters there is a ton. 

I'd say we should get some new Playstation Exclusive characters. Like Delsin Rowe (Infamous Second Son), Knack (Knack), Sir Galahad (Order 1886), Raven (Gravity Rush), Iota/Aoti (Tearaway), Joel and Ellie (Last of Us), The Hunter (Bloodborne) and maybe villains from different IP's like we got Zeus in DLC. So we get a more Evil vs Good theme. However many characters like Kratos may not be a typical good guy, but still.
We have so many fucking titles we could ad and not only that but we still have games like Ico, Shadow of Collosus, Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn, Killzone Shadow Fall all with their own characters.

But aside from exclusive characters I have a few ones I'd like to see added and think are fully possible.
Since Ryu is in Smash, why not put in Ken in PSASBR. They are rivals just like Nintendo and Sony and Sony has exclusivity with Street Fighter at the moment, so why not. The same could be said about Final Fantasy, why not put Sepiroth in All Stars since his rival Cloud is in Smash. That would be dope and a way for the two to rival eachother in a way.

Lara Croft could be another contender, she was supposed to be in All Stars but Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix turned it down because that would mean Reboot Lara would release in another title before her own, but they wanted her in there wich would be AWESOME. (Lara, Drake.. Someone? Imagine Story Mode when he's flirting with her and shit lol, they go into a tomb and find Juan from Guacamelee.. Ah fanfiction right there) GIVE US JUAN (Guacamelee) and other indie stuff. I'd say Shovel Knight but he's going to be in Smash and you know it!
I also want to see Dart (Legend of Dragoon) and Abe (Oddworld) since they were planned to release as DLC for All Stars but got cancelled unfortunaly. 
There is a shit ton of characters I'd like to see that I think are possible to put into the game, it could really be anything. Also my boy Sora has to be in it, however Disney has the rights to him so I doubt it...
But I want to leave this with saying:
Since Activision and Playstation is so fucking tight at the moment, wouldn't it be cool if we got Crash, or Spyro, OR BOTH. I'd see Crash being able to make it this time, because since the last time when they said no, Destiny, Cod and a lot of other deals have happened between Activision and Sony!

Lets talk and I hope you guys have something to talk about :D

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 3

I'd be down for a sequel with more characters and a better story mode. However, i really think one of things that made PSASBR unenjoyable for me was the character balancing. Kratos was disgustingly OP and people spamming Raiden's Level 1 super were abundant. Smash Bros. from my knowledge never had that problem. Sure, in the competitive scene some characters are considered "top tier" but i'm just talking about the game in general. In its core it's a party game and tiers in Smash Bros. games weren't really made until Brawl...i think.

If they can make the characters balanced and have the option to play on Omega versions of stages like in Smash Bros. i'd buy this game in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

I know this may sound stupid, but I do hope they reboot the series even though they have only released one game. Stick to Playstation only characters, get balancing right or/at a decent level, promote it at evo and make it accessible to the hardcore and casuals alike. 

.......... Or they could just make a sequel. 

• Like 2

For me, they just completely missed on the roster. These are the characters I wanted to see.

Nathan Drake

Sly Cooper

Jak and Daxter

Kratos

Cole McGrath

Parappa the Rappa

Spike

Sweet Tooth

Sackboy

Ratchet and Clank

Cloud

Spyro the Dragon

Crash Bandicoot

Lara Croft

Sora

Toan (Dark Cloud)

Snake

Sephiroth

Yu Narukami

The Wanderer (Shadow of Colossus)

The Prince (Katamari series)

Sora (KH series)

I know many of these characters are on the roster, but I want to see more.

If they are going to make a second one, I want a health bar or a damage counter. The specials for a kill just makes the game too unbalanced. The more it feels and looks like smash bros. the better IMO.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

I know this may sound stupid, but I do hope they reboot the series even though they have only released one game. Stick to Playstation only characters, get balancing right or/at a decent level, promote it at evo and make it accessible to the hardcore and casuals alike. 

.......... Or they could just make a sequel. 

I could see it doing every well at evo take out super's for tournaments balance it maybe toss out that sony money and make it the main event. I know SFV is gonna to be there along with melee,KI, and mkx which i believe the devs put money in the winning pot something else sony could do.

• Like 1

Characters I'd like to see are:

Lara Croft (not the new girl - the classic Lara). Probably unrealistic because Microsoft is in bed with Square Enix atm.

Sora or Riku

Kai (From Velocity)

Maps:

Venice (from Tomb Raider II)

Destiny Islands

...I can't really think of any more atm that are realistic (I'd throw in Spyro and Crash, but... yeah, that isn't going to happen).

I'd like a final boss that has a better personality though. Polygon Man was such a typical villain, really boring.

• Like 2

I would like to see a sequel but they have to improve a lot of things compared to the original. The character roster is one obvious point for improvement. Also, either a good story mode or just remove it from the game. Please not anything alike the original (for the story).

Edited by LucasV9991

• Balance the characters better

A more diverse roster (include more characters from Vita games, you can promote those games)

Since the Vita has remote play, allow Vitas to act as additional controllers (going off of Smash for this one)

Have the Single-player mode be all stock matches or first to x kills matches

Improve online play

A general story mode

• Like 1

Take the super system out or use something different beside AP.

More characters would be nice

A 1v1 ranked and player match would be nice to add

Work with a known fighting game company that has games last for a while so it won't die so easy

The game isn't bad I actually still play it time to time now but it definitely needs some work

I did enjoy this game when I first played it, and I do agree with some of the previous posters in that this game was great as a couch co-op/competetive game. Didn't care much for the online multiplayer where everybody would go for the most OP characters and I'm there with my cool Heavenly Sword moves that don't match up.

A sequel would definitely have my interest, but it would have to be a lot more in-depth that the original. Here's who, where and what I'd like to see.

MODES:

Split-Screen / Local Multiplayer - for parties and casual gameplay

Online Multiplayer, but balanced - for those who enjoy the competitive aspect of online MP

AI Versus mode can stay, but with more difficulties ranging from easy-peasy to brutal, maybe on a slider

And perhaps some new modes, maybe some attempt at a story, I don't know, something else to make it really unique and to stand out!

CHARACTERS - SIGNATURE MAPS

Alice (American McGee's Alice/Madness Returns) - Card Castle in the Sky

Cole McGrath (inFamous) - Downtown Empire City 

Delsin Rowe (inFamous: SS) - Seattle Rooftops

Sackboy - The Park (The Picnic Level from LBP3 was a cool design)

Nathan Drake - Tibet

Victor Sullivan - Borneo

Elena Fisher - Yemeni Marketplace

Crash Bandicoot - Slippery Slide 

Dr. N. Cortex - Cortex Labs

Jak and Daxter - Outisde the Precursor Door

Ratchet and Clank - Space Station 

Lara Croft - Croft Manor

Snake - VR Mission

Kratos - Gorgon Arena

Altair - Marketplace
Ezio - The Colosseum 

Connor - The Aquila

Edward - Nassau
Aveline - The Bayou

Arno - Parisian Theatre

Jacob - Big Ben

Sly Cooper - Art Gallery

Bentley - Inside the Mainframe

Murray - Boxing Ring

Sora - Traverse Town

Big Daddy - Ocean Floor

My list could keep going on and on...

I also want to see really interactive levels. Like, electric powers from dispensers in the BioShock level, or Avalanches in Tibet. etc etc.

• Like 1

For me, they just completely missed on the roster. These are the characters I wanted to see.

Nathan Drake

Sly Cooper

Jak and Daxter

Kratos

Cole McGrath

Parappa the Rappa

Spike

Sweet Tooth

Sackboy

Ratchet and Clank

Cloud

Spyro the Dragon

Crash Bandicoot

Lara Croft

Sora

Toan (Dark Cloud)

Snake

Sephiroth

Yu Narukami

The Wanderer (Shadow of Colossus)

The Prince (Katamari series)

Sora (KH series)

I know many of these characters are on the roster, but I want to see more.

If they are going to make a second one, I want a health bar or a damage counter. The specials for a kill just makes the game too unbalance. The more it feels and looks like smash bros. the better IMO.

The roster had 24 characters. That is a healthy number for a game. Also if you look at Smash Bros it had more characters but so many of them were just clones of other characters it became more about pallette swaps than actual character depth.

Really a Chimera would be the only character I would really want them to add to the game.

Well, I thought the game was pretty sweet as it was, but I've never been a huge (or even small) fan of Smash so comparison wise I (personally) feel there's not much room for improvement. I thought this game nailed it, so with that in mind, I'm just gonna list the characters I'd want.

Gabe Logan (where was he in Round 1?)

OddWorld Abe? I know the series was Xbox exclusive for a bit but it started on the PS1 no less

Joel, obviously, but with like a co-op attack with Ellie or something

Kevin Butler, but this won't happen

For all the FF fans I'd say Cloud, but Nintendo somehow beat us to it

Solid, Liquid, Silent, Naked, whatever adjective you want, Snake

Spyro & Crash (obviously) ... will never happen though

Tony Hawk even, his first four were PlayStation staples, have him smack someone around with a board or something

And whatever, for good measure, why not throw in Master Chief, Donkey Kong, Ganandorf, and Banjo...though the last one actually, if Yuka-Laylee turns out to be a good game I'd welcome them into PS All-Stars before Smash gets a hold of them, but let's be honest, old Rare and Nintendo are way more friendzies than Sony.

• Like 1

The roster had 24 characters. That is a healthy number for a game. Also if you look at Smash Bros it had more characters but so many of them were just clones of other characters it became more about pallette swaps than actual character depth.

Really a Chimera would be the only character I would really want them to add to the game.

I don't think 24 is a bad number at all! My real problem is who those 24 characters are. When I think "PlayStation all-stars " Dante, Big Daddy, Zeus, Isaac Clark, Heihachi, Toro, and Raiden don't exacly come to mind if you know what I mean.

They should've spent the extra $$$ to get some better characters who really represent PlayStation and Sony. Not to mention most of the characters had a new game coming, so it felt more like a publicity stunt for those characters (DMC, BioShock infinite, MGS Revengance, Tekken tag tournament 2).

All I am saying is that they left some very good characters on the table that are obviously more deserving of a spot then others.

I don't think 24 is a bad number at all! My real problem is who those 24 characters are. When I think "PlayStation all-stars " Dante, Big Daddy, Zeus, Isaac Clark, Heihachi, Toro, and Raiden don't exacly come to mind if you know what I mean.

They should've spent the extra $$$ to get some better characters who really represent PlayStation and Sony. Not to mention most of the characters had a new game coming, so it felt more like a publicity stunt for those characters (DMC, BioShock infinite, MGS Revengance, Tekken tag tournament 2).

All I am saying is that they left some very good characters on the table that are obviously more deserving of a spot then others.

Toro represents Sony. That is Sony's mascot (in Japan). Heichachi represented Playstation in Soul Calibur 2, Raiden came in MSG2 which was on the PS1 Dante (although it should have been old school Dante) is from DMC 1-3 which were PS2 exclusives.

Really the odd men out were Isaac Clark and Big Daddy (although I love Big Daddy so I am not complaining about that one).

LIke I said they should have had a Chimeran Hybrid and Activision were being dicks about Crash and Spyro (they should have been there) but beyond that they had all the main ones. I would have liked to see Buzz as a fighter (because that would have been awesome) but in the end I think it worked out well.

Now of course I did pitch this game to Sony back in 2011 and my original idea was Sackboy vs car from Gran Turismo but they only stole my idea for the game (not my idea for having a car in a fighting game :() And yes that is a true story, in 2011 I told the head of the Canadian Marketing team we should do a Playstation Smash Bros and gave a bunch of ideas and then the next year they came out with PSA...I am not taking full credit for this game...but then again I am taking complete fucking credit for this game ^_^

• Like 2

Some characters I would like in a sequel to PS All Stars are the car from Driveclub or Gran Turismo,Dante from Devil May Cry (Not the reboot one),Nathan Hale or a Chimera from Resistance,Rico or Sev from Killzone 1-3,Jack from Dead Nation,Maybe the psycho from Until Dawn? Though i liked the first game a lot and its roster was pretty good! Also some maps that would be cool are a Resogun/wipEout stage, a Dead Nation/Resogun or Super Stardust stage,Killzone/Resistance one,a Freedom Wars/Gravity Rush one, and maybe a Freedom Wars/God of War one. Those are some ideas that would be cool.

Crash bandicoot
Spyro
Able from the oddworld games
Croc
Gex
Jak and Dexter
Ratchet and clank
Neo cortex

Seriously a sequel must have the person who started Sony being good (crash bandicoot)

Jak and Rachet were already in PS All Stars and Abe was a cancelled DLC planned character but good list.

Edited by DanteHellMode98

I don't think you remember smash's roster melee has 26 with 5 clone's brawl has 35 with 4 clone's.

Now of course I did pitch this game to Sony back in 2011 and my original idea was Sackboy vs car from Gran Turismo but they only stole my idea for the game (not my idea for having a car in a fighting game :() And yes that is a true story, in 2011 I told the head of the Canadian Marketing team we should do a Playstation Smash Bros and gave a bunch of ideas and then the next year they came out with PSA...I am not taking full credit for this game...but then again I am taking complete fucking credit for this game ^_^

I like the idea of sackboy getting owned by a fighting car! Should've been in there.

If they would've recognized your genius, this game wouldn't have flopped. xD

• Like 2