What would you like in a sequel to PSASBR?

I really enjoyed this game, but I always had a minor issue with having multiplatform characters like Dead Space's Isaac and Bioshock's Big Daddy (which actually was a timed exclusive with X360 in the beginning) being in the game because the spirit of those characters wasn't Playstation exclusive for me. I applauded the addition of Parapa to take him out of hibernation and introduce him to the newer generation of gamers. That being said, I'd love to see a bunch of characters that only called Playstation their home from back in the day.

- Sofia (Battle Arena Toshinden)

- Gabe Logan (Syphon Filter)

- Wakka (Final Fantasy X. Imagine a Blitzball based move set)

- Joel and Ellie (The Last of Us. Imagining a Rosalina and Luma type archetype with them)

- Heat (Bust a Groove/Move. For that obscure ps game representation)

- Reiko (Ridge Racer)

- Crash Bandicoot, cuz he was Sony's answer to Mario and Sonic for crying out loud.

• Like 1

i quite liked the game as is and i find it is one of those i return to because i enjoy it so

Isaac and Big Daddy for me are actually some of the cooler ones and of those i enjoy playing more than others,

in fact i think the whole roster is a cool and enjoyable bunch and it will only get better with everyone they could add

story i did not find all too bad either and some rival scenes are even better the SF4's IMO (havent seen/cant remember all SF's though)

- Sweet Tooth VS Kratos scene definitely one of my FAVOURITE THINGS!

balance and online do need improvement

the online is probably where i would like to see the most changes

- much better netcode

- lobby system with level and number of players settings

about having lifebars, i would rather they allowed for an option of either system

• 5 months later...

I'd love a sequel. I love Smash bros' gameplay and Playstation's characters and while it has issues the first game was solid. However there are quite a few additions/changes to be made.

Stages

Firstly I want them to just scrap the idea of the maps being crossed over between 2 franchises. Nothing spoils a stage more than when you're playing in a nice Loco Roco map and a giant robot tears through the stage. Or when you playing in Hades and Patapons appear in the background. Even in the best cases it didn't work. All it did was just make the maps you were playing on look absolutely awful. If I picked Hades it's because I wanted a certain thematic environment. Likewise with Franzea.

Ideally they'd up the number of stages to about 20. And have one stage per franchise, for example one from Gravity Rush, one from Tearaway, one from Uncharted,

Story

If they do another story/arcade mode, I hope they don't add in the rival feature. In some cases it actually worked extremely well like with Nate and Sly, Jak and Ratchet, however in a lot of them it felt forced and I'm worried that it would encourage the developers to alter the roster in order to make sure everyone has a rival, instead of making it a good roster.

Combat

While combat was unique and often worked well, it had quite a lot of issues. The developers could either make a completely new combat system or make some tweaks to the super attacks. One would be upping the power of level ones. It can be extremely frustrating constantly working to get your attacks only to have them easily evaded or disrupted. I'd suggest being unable to dodge using invincibility frames and making them harder to disrupt. This would mainly be for level 1 attacks, but higher levels could be improved in order to make them worth getting. 

Unlockables

I quite liked the unlockables you could get. I liked unlocking new taunts and intros as well as icons for your profile. However it could take ideas from smash such as trophies. Being able to listen to music and look at various artwork from Playstation franchises would make for some great unlockables.

Characters

PSASBR should really use more characters from each franchise. It only uses main characters, whereas it could include some side characters like Raven (Gravity Rush), Dr nefarious (Ratchet and Clank) and Carmelita Fox (Sly Cooper). Ideally characters would have more alternative skins, I think four each would be a suitable target.

As for new characters, I'm just gonna say there are tons they could add from 3rd, 2nd and 1st party games. Wander (Shadow Of The Colossus) would be an instant buy for me  :D

But yeah, I'd love to see Sony take another shot at their Smash clone, it could potentially be great and provide for a great couch multiplayer game on their console.