DC Cinematic Universe

TheVader66

Hello, I made this thread so we can discuss about DC Cinematic Universe, what we like, what we hated, what heroes or villians should be in it, anything that involves the Cinematic Universe.

Since the day we saw Marvel's dream of the Avengers uniting on the big screen, people have been waiting for DC to follow suit with the Justice League. After the end of Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy, DC has started on their plans of making the Justice League uniting on the big screen into a reality with the first movie to take place in this new universe: Man of Steel. After the release of Man of Steel, DC has confirmed that the follow up to the movie which would become Batman vs Superman would introduce the DC trinity (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman) to each other and it would also introduce Aquaman and Cyborg to the world.

DC has also released a schedule for the ten movies that would take place from 2016 - 2020:

kNj6adB.jpg

and as of 12/2/15, the new trailer of Batman vs Superman has been released and for the very first time Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are shown in the very same scene and apperantly fighting a certain villain (I don't want to ruin it, if  you didn't watch the trailer yet)  and thus the begining of the Justice League uniting.

DC%20Trinity%20Batman%20Superman%20Wonde

What do you think of the approach DC is taking with their heroes, do you love it or hate it? What heroes or villians are you waiting for ? I would love to read some of your thoughts on this.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 2

Im a MCU fan, but I do look forward to DC's cinematic universe. 
I think that this Batman v Superman trailer was awesome, BUT it confirmed a little to much.

1. Jason Todd (Robin) is Joker, its pretty clear since Batman said he's been dealing with clowns before. Its so obvious since there is proof that Todd is Joker.

2. Apocalypse is apperently also being introduced in this movie.. So lets see, we have Lex, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman, Abomination and Apocalypse being introduced in THE SAME FUCKING MOVIE...... I don't know how they will pull it of actually, it feels like half of those characters should've been introduced in their own movie first lol.

3. JeremyJahns couldn't have said it any better, Doomsday looks like the fucking troll from Lord of the Rings lol, and someone on Twitter compared it to the Michael Bay Ninja Turtles wich is pretty funny. Personally, I would've liked it better if they didn't show him off, but still pretty dope I  guess. Just wanted less to be spoiled. Also, this may not be his final form.

4. I don't think this movie is BatmanvSuperman. Its supposed to be called Batman v Bizarro Superman. It clearly is Bizarro Superman, look at the 50 second spot the movie got. Superman is clearly not Superman. He and Bats will team up like expected, it has to be Bizarro it just has to. The real superman even says 'If i wanted to kill you, I would've done so already'... 

5. I know I root for Marvel and they do this all the fucking time, but it felt a little out of place here. In the end where Doomsday did the badass fucking attack and Wonderwoman blocked and Supes ask Bats if she's with him and Bats thought she was with Supes. No big deal at all but yeah.

6. Im a little unsure of Affleck, he seems to be doing an amazing job with Bats and he sure seem to be as good as he can for the role, I just haven't gotten to terms with it yet I guess. More importantly, fuck Jesse Eisenberg sucks as Lex imo.. sadly..

The trailer looked awesome overall, however it was a little spoilery wich is to be expected. What superhero movie isn't being spoiled to pieces by trailers (Looking at you Age of Ultron) I hope it succedes well and DC sets up a good universe, Harley is already making the universe awesome but still lol.

Greg Miller worlds biggest DC fan reaction lol

Edited by MarsipanRumpan

4. I don't think this movie is BatmanvSuperman. Its supposed to be called Batman v Bizarro Superman. It clearly is Bizarro Superman, look at the 50 second spot the movie got. Superman is clearly not Superman. He and Bats will team up like expected, it has to be Bizarro it just has to. The real superman even says 'If i wanted to kill you, I would've done so already'...

In my opinion, that whole postapocalyptic desert sequence is just a dream showing Batman's fears of a possible future where Superman's existence led to the downfall of mankind.

I'll be honest, i'm not feeling the DCCU so far. Man of Steel was just alright and BatVSup looks like it's just rushing it. They're introducing way too many characters and substories in just one movie and i fear it'll suffer from that. Hopefully they'll be able to turn it all around with BatVSup regardless of my fears, since i'm more of a DC than a Marvel guy and having some more competition would do Marvel some good.

• Like 3

In my opinion, that whole postapocalyptic desert sequence is just a dream showing Batman's fears of a possible future where Superman's existence led to the downfall of mankind.

It could be Scarecrow but I seriously doubt that.

I think its Bizarro, at one point Lex talks to Superman about his plans (We think atleast) but that looks like the 'evil' Superman, what if Lex uses Bizarro Superman to create Doomsday. As I stated, Superman said that he didn't want to kill Batman, I really doubt that Batman is fighting the real Superman.

According to this article Jesse Eisenberg will be playing the SON of Lex Luthor.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/6/9463323/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-batman-v-superman

Doomsday looks like another failure much like Ivan Ooze Apocalypse. I don't see how the own studio can't get it right. Must be going a totally different direction with the villain I guess. I'm not sure if the trailer spoiled Zod being turned into Doomsday like the spoilers that ran rampant months ago.

I pray we see some type of story with Diana on Themyscira and not having her injected into the movie like the trailer shows.

It looks like Jesse Eisenberg will play a predominant role in getting  Sups and Batman to fight each other (from the trailer) turn each other against ones another.

But the underlying problem here for DC is that either a) They didn't want to compete with Marvel with their Phase 1 and 2 plans or DC was really flat footed and had to come up with this whole production thing a little too late and is just now trying to make these movies. I don't think DC knew where to go after Nolan; they must of had some sort of plan mapped out of course, but they're showing pretty late to the party. Sorta doing a reverse Marvel Universe in the sense that the League movie is coming out before the origin/singular movies with this movie pretty much looking like Justice League 0.5 instead of the Frank Miller adaption we all assumed it was going to be based off of. But I guess this works out best for them seeing as they don't have to make sure all the movies inter-connect with each other and they don't need to make sure every single loose end connects back in a later movie.

I think I have the Blu Ray of MoS over there and I still haven't watched that movie.

I think I haven't watched any of the DC TV shows other than an episode of Arrow that one time.

I have barely any knowledge of anything they're doing, and even I think it's stupid that the Flash TV show is separate to the movie series.

• Like 1

I still don't understand why people think Jason Todd would be the Joker, seeing that Jason completely hates Joker and wants him dead. 

But anyways...

The trailer looks cool and all, but I'm not happy with Doomsday. Barely looks like him, and he's not supposed to have laser vision. He's practically the equivalent to a Kryptonian dinosaur who completely mauls Superman to death with brute strength from his fists.

5. I know I root for Marvel and they do this all the fucking time, but it felt a little out of place here. In the end where Doomsday did the badass fucking attack and Wonderwoman blocked and Supes ask Bats if she's with him and Bats thought she was with Supes. No big deal at all but yeah.

6. Im a little unsure of Affleck, he seems to be doing an amazing job with Bats and he sure seem to be as good as he can for the role, I just haven't gotten to terms with it yet I guess. More importantly, fuck Jesse Eisenberg sucks as Lex imo.. sadly..

The trailer looked awesome overall, however it was a little spoilery wich is to be expected. What superhero movie isn't being spoiled to pieces by trailers (Looking at you Age of Ultron) I hope it succedes well and DC sets up a good universe, Harley is already making the universe awesome but still lol.

Greg Miller worlds biggest DC fan reaction lol

I love the voice Affleck gives to the Batman but I 100% agree that Jesse Eisenberg sucks as Lex but apparently he is supposed to be playing as Lex's son. Oh and also I love Greg's reaction to the whole trailer and I agree with what he said that maybe Lex created a Superman clone which is Bizarro and overtime the clone starts to mutate and becomes Doomsday or other theories I heard on the internet like that, Lex used Zod dead body to create Doomsday. Either way I am very interseted with what Zack Snyder is doing with the DC Universe but I do hate that he trying to hard in trying to mimic Christopher Nolan. He made Superman act the sameway as Batman and now Jesse Eisenberg character acts too similar to Heath ledger's Joker.

• Like 1

It might have been a better idea to release some solo movies introducing characters in the 3 year gap between Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman

I guess they want to create as much hype as they can for the JL movie. And doing it based on the solo movies would be too similar to what Marvel did.

I guess they want to create as much hype as they can for the JL movie. And doing it based on the solo movies would be too similar to what Marvel did.

I just hope Martian Manhunter and Static Shock (not gonna happen) get their own movies. Also, I would love if they try to do a Teen Titans movie, it is possible since they are rumors that they might make Justice League Dark.

I just hope Martian Manhunter and Static Shock (not gonna happen) get their own movies. Also, I would love if they try to do a Teen Titans movie, it is possible since they are rumors that they might make Justice League Dark.

A Static Shock movie would be awesome, I think it's most likely to happen than one based on MM. 

Now you reminded me of the Titans TV show (the upcoming one). DC is nailing the TV show market and I want to see how that goes. 

• Like 1

A Static Shock movie would be awesome, I think it's most likely to happen than one based on MM. 

Now you reminded me of the Titans TV show (the upcoming one). DC is nailing the TV show market and I want to see how that goes. 

That is the weird with both Marvel and DC, Marvel has the advantage when it comes to Movies and DC has the advantage in Animated Series but both are tied when it comes to live action TV series but DC shows on TV while Marvel on Netflix. I love Justice League Unlimited when it used to air, I hope it returns one day.

• 1 month later...

I'll be honest, i'm not feeling the DCCU so far. Man of Steel was just alright and BatVSup looks like it's just rushing it. They're introducing way too many characters and substories in just one movie and i fear it'll suffer from that. Hopefully they'll be able to turn it all around with BatVSup regardless of my fears, since i'm more of a DC than a Marvel guy and having some more competition would do Marvel some good.

Missed this thread before. I'm a huge DCU fan, but giving their empire to Zack Snyder was just a mistake. 

I'm just wondering if the 2020 Green Lantern is a reboot or more like GL2: The Sinestro Wars, which would be awesome to see on screen.

The Sinestro Wars would certainly be awesome, but I doubt they'll do it. Geoff Johns is stretched as it is, and they would need him for a lot of the advising.

Missed this thread before. I'm a huge DCU fan, but giving their empire to Zack Snyder was just a mistake. 

The Sinestro Wars would certainly be awesome, but I doubt they'll do it. Geoff Johns is stretched as it is, and they would need him for a lot of the advising.

Well it's not like Warner Bros was doing anything with it before giving it to Snyder. Except raping Batman repeatedly.

Well, we have a little while, maybe Geoff Johns can clear a bit of his schedule by then. So you're speculating on a reboot, then huh? Bummer. 

Ok, now I get it, I thought this movie was serious, which is why it didn't look so good to me, but now I can see it's DC's GotG. 

So far, I'm loving Harley, not so fond of Joker, and this movie looks way better than BvS.

Yea, I agree, I am pumped for Batman vs Superman but I am way more excited for Suicide Squad. It is new seeing villians or anti-heroes have their own movies.

I agree with you about Zack Snyder, he isn't a bad director but he shouldn't be given the keys to all the the DC Heroes since he is going to be involved with the Justice League movies.

I'm just wondering if the 2020 Green Lantern is a reboot or more like GL2: The Sinestro Wars, which would be awesome to see on screen.

What I hope they do but I know they won't, is that they leave Green Lantern (2011) canon and when the new movie being made in 2020 comes out have John Stewart be recruited by Hal Jordan to fight Sinestro and his army. Though sadly DC is making a Green Lantern reboot instead in 2020.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...