We Read

I agree about the SAO thing. Concerning the subject matter, the accolades it has received, and the fact it's going to be made into a movie I think it's a prime choice to try to get a PSNP Book Club going. Well that and RoyalRedPanda wants to read it.

Too bad there can't be wine.

It sounds a bit like Sword Art Online.

It is in a way. Except that basically the entire world plays OASIS, not just gamers. Kids go to school there by logging in and going to the school virtual space, companies meet their customers in their own virtual spaces, the in-game currency is more valuable than real world money and is used instead of cash, etc. It's a more fully realised "what would happen to the world if VR and the internet were combined?" type of set-up than SAO. SAO was more just "here are some gamers and they're playing a game with high stakes". 

Count me in. I'll gladly re-read it. 

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 2

Well that and RoyalRedPanda wants to read it.

That's always a good reason :D. I'd join if I wasn't preoccupied with some other events. But I'll be reading SAO Progressive volume 2 to show my support.

It is in a way. Except that basically the entire world plays OASIS, not just gamers. Kids go to school there by logging in and going to the school virtual space, companies meet their customers in their own virtual spaces, the in-game currency is more valuable than real world money and is used instead of cash. 

And that's why I said "a bit" ;). Maybe it would've been more accurate to say "it sounds a bit like SAO meets Accel World"?

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 3

Hey - needless to say I am very honoured that you would consider doing my book - and Id be over the frikkin' moon to read the discussions that would accompany!

I'd join this one - but ive already read Ready Player One!

Ill give no spoilers whatsoever, but Ill say that this seems a good idea - and a good book to start with!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Hmmm... this book has tickled my interest for a while now - and I desperately want a change of pace after slogging through Joyce's Ulysses for the last few weeks. Maybe something else for my Santa list (this "Santa" had better be real or I am going to be one disappointed owl). Add me please! 

• Like 1

:o Sign me up (as a maybe, if possible). Unless the PSN sales are fucking great, I should have this book by the Monday this starts (it's only £6... But I don't have a job :P )

I love the idea of a book club, and this book sounds interesting enough.

• Like 1

Hey - needless to say I am very honoured that you would consider doing my book - and Id be over the frikkin' moon to read the discussions that would accompany!

I'd join this one - but ive already read Ready Player One!

Ill give no spoilers whatsoever, but Ill say that this seems a good idea - and a good book to start with!

Thanks, DrBloodMoney. I'd think it would be fantastic to do your book next considering you're a member of PSNP and the fact we'd get to have discussions about a book that the author actually reads. How cool would that be?

Everyone has been added as they've requested. If your status is pending just let me know and I'll add that tidbit. We'll do a final roll-call on Wednesday the 23rd and proceed to outline our reading plan and deadlines.

• Like 1

This sounds interesting and I have been wanting to read more so count me in ^^

I've been wanting to read more unique books.

Apart from the Maze Runner trilogy, I've just been re-reading books I've already read for the past few months. Harry Potter (currently on the 7th book), Hunger Games (to prepare for Mockingjay Part 2), Several old Dr Who novels I'd forgotten the plot of, etc.

Will be nice to read something totally new. Was thinking of getting an Assassin's Creed novel or the Tomb Raider novel before this thread came up.

Wow! This is such a good idea... I wish I could join, but I've been broke ever since I bought everyone's Christmas and Hanukkah presents. Maybe if you start reading some books I own, (Stephen King's "It" maybe? That's a good one.) I can participate. I hope the book club idea goes well!

• Like 1

Finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today. And once more, I must say goodbye to Hogwarts and the wonderful cast of characters contained within :( It's always sad whenever I get to the end of Deathly Hallows.

And thus, I have now started The Northern Lights for the second time. While I remember the book quite a lot (due to the movie, which I've watched several times), I've forgotten many details of the second and third book because it has been years and I've only read them once. Can't wait ^_^

...I really need some new books xD

(No this totally wasn't an attempt to revive this topic at all, jeez)