PS2 Emulation news, A lot of games confirmed! (Dark Cloud, GTA)

MarsipanRumpan

I'm sick of remastered games... i buy a PS4 but half of realeased games are PS3 and indie games...

Now, we will have PS2 games too ! Great ! ONLY for 15$ / 15€ !  :facepalm:

I can't wait for PS1 games, PSP games, and maybe, one day, we will see Pong on PS4 !  

Note : We already have Tetris after all !

Never been too big of a fan of Dark Cloud to be honest... 

but perhaps we can get Time Splitters 2 with trophies??? :P

Anyways, things I'd like to see:

Final Fantasy XII

King's Field IV: Ancient City

Eternal Ring

Evergrace 1-2

Shadow Tower Abyss

Echo Night: Beyond

Disgaea 1-2

Suikoden III-V

Odin Sphere

Bully

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Project Eden

Persona 3

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3

Katamari Damacy

We Love Katamari

Valkyrie Profile 2

Shadow Hearts 1-2

Xenosaga 1-3

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Grandia 2-3 & Extreme

Radiata Stories

• Like 1

I'm sick of remastered games... i buy a PS4 but half of realeased games are PS3 and indie games...

Now, we will have PS2 games too ! Great ! ONLY for 15$ / 15€ !  :facepalm:

I can't wait for PS1 games, PSP games, and maybe, one day, we will see Pong on PS4 !  

Note : We already have Tetris after all !

And you think if you remove all remasters you have more ps4 games?  wow interesting theory . makes sense.....

• Like 3

This is amazing news, one of the best announcements ever made by Sony. Thank you thank you thank you!.

And of course the PS2 discs won't work, they're updated versions, not the games we already have. Stop bitching about having bought some games already 10-13 years ago, if you don't want them don't buy them, no one is forcing you. Be happy for once dammit.

• Like 2

And you think if you remove all remasters you have more ps4 games? wow interesting theory . makes sense.....

It's so easy to make money with old remastered games, people will buy it (nostalgia) and it's cost nothing.

why they'll spend a lot of money to make new games, specially when they're not sure that the game will make profit ?

You can think it's not the case but my "theory" is not completely stupid.

I look at it like moving from DVD to Blu Ray, no one is saying ditch your DVDs but if you want a better looking version of the movies with extra features (not just trophies but other PS4 functionality) you'll have to upgrade. I don't think these are being played on a PS2 emulator, but rather are being reworked to play on the PS4, and likely take a little more effort than we're giving them credit for. I for one am excited.

• Like 2

I really hope a sea of complains fill Sony's ears. I already thought they would be dicks that you had to keep buying Ps2 classics in order to enjoy them on Ps4, however I also thought all previously bought classics would get a free jump or something.

But re-buying classics?! No thanks, I can just buy a Ps2, install a chip and play all the catalog wihout paying for it (by just paying for my usual internet connection instead). Or just buy the games at a cheap price.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

So it's definitely not coming to PS3, yeah? I know it's a bit much to hope for, especially considering that we don't even have PS Now over here, but its a little disappointing. In regards to the no discs thing it is shit but somewhat expected, but not getting them for free if you already bought it on PSN is a fucking shitty move. It's also annoying that NA got MANY more PS1/2 classics than we did, and it doesn't seem like PS1 games are part of this at the moment. 

So I bought the GTA SA PS3 re-release physically the other day.

And the PS2 classics version.

And several different PS2 copies for various reasons.

And the Xbox version.

And the iOS version.

And the Android version.

And I had a copy on PC.

And I even bought it on Mac, for Christ's sake.

And I'm somehow not worthy of playing it on my PS4 still.

So are we getting a second trophy list for San Andreas on PS4?

PS3 version just released this week.

I would guess so. The PS3 version has gameplay changes that the PS4 one won't, such as being littered with checkpoints and allowing you to keep your weapons when you die.

It might not sound like a big change but it should be more than enough to prevent them from sharing a list.

I would guess so. The PS3 version has gameplay changes that the PS4 one won't, such as being littered with checkpoints and allowing you to keep your weapons when you die.

It might not sound like a big change but it should be more than enough to prevent them from sharing a list.

Probably. Yet none of these games got their lists revealed. 

I'll go for both plats if that's the case =D

The only game on the list I've seen so far that I'd touch is Rogue Galaxy. $15 is a steal considering I never owned it in the first place.

It will never happen as I believe Konami is in charge of all these games...but I would be ecstatic if they could add,

DDR Max

DDR Max 2

DDR Extreme

These games were great for the ps2 and the ps3 had a very weak entry and as far as I know the series is pretty dead console-wise.

Would also love to see,

Bujingai The Forsaken City 

Onimusha (series) 

Black (one of the better FPS games I've played)

Need For Speed Underground 2

Musashi: Samurai Legend

Samurai Warriors 1 and 2 

Dynasty Warriors (all of them :devil: )

And plenty others. 

I never realized how many games I played that were actually borrowed. And I'd rather spend $60 on a 4 upgraded games than on 1 new game given the PS4's selection as of this time. The games I listed aren't at all likely to become part of this project anyways lol.