Dark Cloud! The nostalgia is here!

NerdRage04

Wasn't paying attention and broke my +4 sword , Brings back memories lol :(

Or not having any repair powders and needing to kill something to get the gate key, brutal.

Still super psyched about playing this again but I am kind of bummed there aren't trophies for 100% every town lol. Still wont stop me though xD

There also isn't one for the Demon Shaft bonus dungeon :(

I can't believe we are actually getting Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy on PS4, with trophies no less. It took awhile, but LEVEL-5 actually listened to the fans. I'm so freaking happy right now.

l_53c789348a982_thumb.jpg (my reaction)

OMG, SRLY?!!? They're rereleasing those games to PS4?!?! Please tell me this is not an early April Fool's Joke! I PLAYED THOSE GAMES TO DEATH ON PS2! The only thing I failed to do was win Rogue Galaxy - the final part of the final battle was so brutal I gave up on the game and by the time I got it back, I no longer cared about PS2 and got rid of my system. The thought of getting Platinum on one of my old favorites is crazy! Please, whoever made this thread, keep us updated!

l_53c789348a982_thumb.jpg (my reaction)

OMG, SRLY?!!? They're rereleasing those games to PS4?!?! Please tell me this is not an early April Fool's Joke! I PLAYED THOSE GAMES TO DEATH ON PS2! The only thing I failed to do was win Rogue Galaxy - the final part of the final battle was so brutal I gave up on the game and by the time I got it back, I no longer cared about PS2 and got rid of my system. The thought of getting Platinum on one of my old favorites is crazy! Please, whoever made this thread, keep us updated!

Both games are already out for your region ;)

Dark Cloud

Rogue Galaxy

So what kind of game is it? I've never played it before.

I'm going to explain this to the best of my ability.

Genre:

Dark Cloud is a Dungeon-Crawling, roguelike, third person, action RPG. You go through dungeon to dungeon, floor by floor, fighting enemies and rebuilding the world.

However, there is a survival element to it. If you get thirsty, your character will lose health and carries with you floor by floor and sticks even after saving.

Also, your weapons break and will disappear forever if you don't repair them. You get a meter that says XX/XX and if it ever gets to 0/XX, you'll lose it.

It's a little daunting at first, but it is a ton of fun and makes you really prepare yourself. The game gets easier once you have all the characters, increase your thirst meter, and obtain strong and durable weapons.

If you are on the fence, give it a try. It is personally in my top 10 games of all time.

Synopsis:

The Dark Genie is resurrected from his slumber and he destroys humanity. However, right before the destruction of humanity, the fairy king (pretty much God) stored everything into Spheres called Atluses.

During the destruction, the fairy king notices your potential and saves you. He then bestows you the power of the "Atlamillia" which gives you the ability to open these spheres, in which everyone is trapped in, and recreate the world. Your new duty is to recreate the world and destroy the Dark Genie.

Let the adventure begin!!!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

I'm going to explain this to the best of my ability.

Genre:

Dark Cloud is a Dungeon-Crawling, roguelike, third person, action RPG. You go through dungeon to dungeon, floor by floor, fighting enemies and rebuilding the world.

However, there is a survival element to it. If you get thirsty, your character will lose health and carries with you floor by floor and sticks even after saving.

Also, your weapons break and will disappear forever if you don't repair them. You get a meter that says XX/XX and if it ever gets to 0/XX, you'll lose it.

It's a little daunting at first, but it is a ton of fun and makes you really prepare yourself. The game gets easier once you have all the characters, increase your thirst meter, and obtain strong and durable weapons.

If you are on the fence, give it a try. It is personally in my top 10 games of all time.

Synopsis:

The Dark Genie is resurrected and reeks havoc on the world. The Dark Genie destroys humanity. However, right before the destruction of humanity, the fairy king (pretty much God) stored everything into Spheres called Atluses.

During the destruction, the fairy king notices your potential. Because of this potential, the fairy king saves you and bestows you the power of the "Atlamillia" which gives you the ability to open these spheres and recreate the world. Your duty is to recreate the world and destroy the Dark Genie.

Definitely sounds interesting :D.

Definitely sounds interesting :D.

He forgot to mention there is a world-building sim as well.  You have towns that you have to re-build using construction materials and items you discover in dungeons.  Building the towns exactly "right" gives you additional treasures and bonuses.  Part of what I used to love about this game was running around the town as I built each element to see how it looked.  :)

I'm so happy I'll finally have a chance to play this when I was a kid my best friend had a demo disc that included the demo for this game and we spent ages on it but the only video game store in town never had any copies so we never got to play the full game. I'll never forget that moment in the opening where the genie snatches up the bad guys fat assistant and just comically swallows him whole.

Nostalgia time!!!1!1!

I remember playing this to DEATH as a kid but I don't think I ever got much further than the second or third dungeon! Always spent ages making the first town and mucking about, still remember that weird buff dude and his brother, "Whats yours is mine and whats mine is mine!".

Will be a definite buy from me once I clear out a few of my backlog games.

it's kinda annoying and sad that it's not on the ps3 :(

I was counting the days and years hoping for at least a ps2 classic of this game to be on the EU or US Playstation store and when they finally release it completely with trophies support it ended up a ps4 only...

it may sound kinda stupid but to me this was the #1 best and favorite ps2 game to date and it's like my second or third overall favorite game I ever played.

aw well, at least I finally will gonna play it again once I get my hands on a freaking ps4.

So I've been looking forward to getting this for a few days now, I go to get it a second ago and it's not showing up in the store (i'm from the UK/EU and on my PS4), even when I search for it it's not there, and now I'm sad TwT anyone else had this problem, or know what could be wrong?

So I've been looking forward to getting this for a few days now, I go to get it a second ago and it's not showing up in the store (i'm from the UK/EU and on my PS4), even when I search for it it's not there, and now I'm sad TwT anyone else had this problem, or know what could be wrong?

Yeah it's virtually impossible to find on the Store on the PS4. Searching for it on the web store finds it fine however. I too am from the UK so it definitely is available.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/dark-cloud/cid=EP9000-CUSA01944_00-SCES502950000001

• Like 1