Game has cheat codes easy platinum.

Daniel_Shadow170

So many whiners in here. Let people get trophies how they want. It's the whole damn point this website even exists in the first place.

I never whined about how anyone got their trophies. If they want to cheat to get them then more power to them. It's their right as an owner of the game. I just stated how I felt it kind of ruined the trophy list for me, knowing that now people can blitzkrieg their way to 100% without knowing who really put in any effort. Just a disappointment; nothing that will deter me from playing it myself (without cheats to preserve my own enjoyment and sense of satisfaction, mind you). 

• Like 2

It's means nothing, if they don't play often, their trophy time to the platinum will be very long even if they use cheat.

And like it's said in this topic, the game offered the cheats itsef, so it's not like they jailbreak the PS4

Edited by luky-sama

Well, FF VII definitely haven't aged well, so it's nice that the cheats don't block trophies.

Definitely could see myself using the x3 Speed and No encounters ones

Graphics wise it was never that impressive. I mean the blocky characters etc, but the backgrounds, level design and mood etc always looked nice. The gameplay, music, story etc, all of that has aged really well IMO. Some people may not be that into the random encounters, but I very much prefer it over almost anything I've seen since except for Rainbow Moon. But pretty much, Square Enix got a lot to learn about gameplay from it. Their recent stuff has been pretty mediocre in comparison.

It's kinda strange when you say it hasn't aged well, when it would still be a much better game than most games that is released these days.

Uh.. yea. Good luck on getting the platinum in 6 hours when the game requires you to get the Master Summon Materia.

Eh? That's not going to set you back by much. In fact, you probably gonna do everything required for the Master Summon materia when you speedrun. It's basically just to get all the four huge materias...

Edited by MMDE

The gameplay, music, story etc, all of that has aged really well IMO. 

To be honest, the music still kicks ass. I think you're exaggerating a little here, the story was and still unique but I guess that's the thing about opinions everyone has them. 

Anyone proven to get the platinum with cheats shouldn't be placed on the leaderboard on this site, not like they deserve to be on there :')

Yeah good luck with that one. Lol

If its in the game than its there for a reason. You don't know if this is someone 5th time playing the game since its that old. You'll have a better chance getting people who cross save a platinum in 5 secs off the leaderboards than people who want to speed run this game.

the story was and still unique but I guess that's the thing about opinions everyone has them. 

But is it any worse than when it was released? How is it compared to a lot of newer games? This has to do with if it has aged bad or not.

Anyways, I like all the characters back stories etc, and the way those are presented, along with the underlying theme, that is death and the grief process etc. Like, it's not just what happens in the game, but the entire game being the grief process. :S

A very basic way to break down the story is basically that you run after Sephiroth from town to town, but that's a rather simple way to look at it IMO. That part is just the motivation to go to the next town, what you experience in each location, the background story, of both location, people living there and your main characters, their reason for being where they are now etc.

I remember I played through FFXIII and FFXIII-2, and then I played FFX and FFIX... omg what a huge difference. FFXIII was terrible in comparison when it comes to these things. Many think the only problem people have with FFXIII is the linear gameplay and say FFX is the same, but damn, there's such a huge difference in story, the way it's told, all the extra stuff you do and can dig deeper into the world, explore world and lore etc. Doesn't help that the battle system in the earlier games were so much more deeper and more fun getting deeper into etc etc... Anyways, I think FFIX does pretty much everything of this right, and FFVII isn't that much worse. FFXIII is sooo far behind.

But yeah, I'd take FF7 as it was released back in 1997 over any RPG, except for the Souls games, in both this and previous (couple of) gens....

Graphics-wise, the character models and the non-background images, have always been pretty bad looking. Even many of the FMVs didn't look all that great for it's time... There's absolutely no contesting from me there. I prefer FF6 in those regards. But they nailed the atmosphere and level design etc. 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Uh.. yea. Good luck on getting the platinum in 6 hours when the game requires you to get the Master Summon Materia.

It's not that hard. You can either master all summons and go back to the observatory or beat ruby and emerald weapon to get the Desert Rose and Earth Harp and trade the items with the Kalm Traveler.

Cheats actually make this tempting. I never beat this one, and I already did 8 and 9 legit(both this year, I think), and am currently working through 10. I don't know how many more I have in me. ^^'

I played it on psx when I was young as I'll never be again (unfortunately) and I don't remember any God Mode.

I'd like to play it again on ps4. Does this god mode exist or not ? This will help me decide what to do, thanks everyone.

It exists. This is a port of the PC version, which has some upgrades. Cheats being one of them. 

Eh? That's not going to set you back by much. In fact, you probably gonna do everything required for the Master Summon materia when you speedrun. It's basically just to get all the four huge materias...

That's for the Bahamut Zero summon.. and you can't fail any of the Huge Materia quests for it to appear.

It's not that hard. You can either master all summons and go back to the observatory or beat ruby and emerald weapon to get the Desert Rose and Earth Harp and trade the items with the Kalm Traveler.

Oh. I never knew there was an alternative way in getting the Master Summon materia.

I have never ever used a cheat code in a game before and I won't start now,but wait do you guys consider using a exploit as a cheat,I mean a exploit like fighting the last boss on borderlands 2 and hideing in a corner instead of a heads up fight or even you fight a boss in any RPG and you stay at a distance in a spot where you can't get hit by their attacks and you just chop away at their health.

The gameplay, music, story etc, all of that has aged really well IMO.

I'll definitely disagree.

Slow battles and high encounter rates makes it a chore to play nowadays. Couldn't motivate myself to finish disc 1 a while back when I started playing.

It's no wonder they even added these cheats in the first place.

Hell, I even like the graphics. They look pretty charming for the era

If someone is going to use this "cheat code" to knock out a quick (and easy) platinum, shouldn't that say more about them than it does the crowd of complainers?  It's not like those trophies have an exchange rate to things that might actually be meaningful, such as cash or a promotion at one's job.