Game has cheat codes easy platinum.

Daniel_Shadow170

Well that is interesting. I may play through it without using the cheats as it just makes the game boring. The game isn't that hard in comparison to other Final Fantasy games. All you need is the Knight's of the Round Materia and you are good to go. 

Which requires Gold Chocobo....

That's for the Bahamut Zero summon.. and you can't fail any of the Huge Materia quests for it to appear.

Oh. I never knew there was an alternative way in getting the Master Summon materia.

:P Bahamut ZERO you just need one huge materia, so you get access to the top, or you can go the bone village and dig it up on disc 3.

Anyways, to speedrun, you gotta do the Huge Materia quests faster, which means finishing them faster. Most of which are done by simply finishing them. Though, some you can run away at IIRC, and save some few minutes... but yeah.....

Wait, so if I turn the godmode on and spam limits, will the characters learn their next limit faster? (especially Aeris, don't want her in my team and it's gonna be a pain to grind til her limit lvl3)

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Limit_(Final_Fantasy_VII)#Limit_Levels

For complete list of how to level up limit breaks...

My favorite place to level up early in the game is in Juno (IIRC the name), basically the town where you take the boat from. There is a section while going towards the boat on the dock where you go through a corridor and there is like a red light or something there. Basically, if you click on it, an alarm will go off. You revisit this location much later in the game mid disc 2, and the alarm may go off then IIRC. Really, that is when it's meant to go off, but you can do it mid disc 1, and the enemies are meant for a mid disc 2 party, so lots of exp. ;)

Slow battles and high encounter rates makes it a chore to play nowadays. Couldn't motivate myself to finish disc 1 a while back when I started playing.

It's no wonder they even added these cheats in the first place.

Slow battles? Do you mean normal battles or boss battles? I think later games are just as slow, but with less control, so the bosses are much less fun or interesting to fight. In the later games there's simply less to think or care about and get into. Not only that, but normal enemies just becomes a chore when their battles means nothing to you, like in later games. In the later games there is nothing to lose on wasting your resources, neither does it matter if you lose against your enemies or a boss, because you're not getting punished for it either. There's simple less investing yourself in the game, less caring about what happens etc, just a gallery you go through and press X a lot. :S It's like, if you don't like that, then many of their newer games does it much worse... :S This is of course just the battle stuff, while most else of the gameplay is ten times worse with the newer games. Nah, Square Enix got a lot to learn from their older games when it comes to the game play.

So no one's got a problem with doing the Precursor Orb glitch in Jak 2 and 3 (I'd say the vast majority of people got the plat that way) but this is forbidden apparently because it's a "sacred" game? 

I think the thing with Jak 2 and Jak 3 is that some of the orbs required are hard due to terrible gameplay. Like the gun range, and some of the kart stuff, and some of the racing through checkpoints etc. You're simply removing some terrible side-quest gameplay problems. A good comparison would be if they added invincibility to Jak 2... Yeah, that'd break the game...

This game has never had those issues. The cheats basically breaks the main portion of the game. FF7 already had tons of exploits, which has always been considered okay, this stuff just breaks the game and removes a lot of the fun... :\

Edited by MMDE

Meh i prefer the Mideel area for grinding once you get the Tiny Bronco. This works well until you get to the sunken plane later in the game.

I don't know if this was a reply to what I said, but what I said is enemies you can fight before Tiny Bronco and they're really mid-disc 2 enemies.

0145-Junon-Road.png

Should be in a location like this in Junon, where you can press a button so the alarm goes off and you will fight enemies there! ;) The enemies are meant for when you get there later mid disc 2, when you go there for the submarine and getting one of the huge materia.

Edited by MMDE

might do a video record of my playthrough

Personally, I'm going to play it legit, there's no point in rushing things. Also, JapanimeGamer does bring up a good point, is it possible to prove that you finished the game without the assistance?

do a video recording of your whole playthrough.

I wouldn't really say the cheat codes help all that much. The 3X speed definitely helps so you don't have to watch the battles play out so slow, especially after using Knights of the Round for the 100th time (exaggeration) against Ruby Weapon. Turning off encounters is also nice after grinding to level 99. As far as "infinite HP/MP/Limit Breaks" you can still be OHKO'ed. I personally played nonstop for four days, got my wisdom teeth out so alot of free time.