Game has cheat codes easy platinum.

Daniel_Shadow170

I personally only used the 3X speed while grinding and Godmode for leveling up the limit levels quickly.

Also I personally think using Godmode for Emerald and Ruby Weapons is cheating. There are plenty of strategies to kill them online and by using them I finally was able to beat them the 1st time, without Godmode.

Well, they're not terribly hard even outside God Mode if you plan your Materia and equipment properly. KOTR + MP Turbo + W-Summon + Mystile + HP Plus + Big Guard + Ribbon makes both fights very easy. Even without KOTR though, a little planning is all you need. :)

(Seriously though, Mystile's evasion rate is nuts. Ruby only managed to do about 6,000 damage to me before I took it down yesterday.)

Well, they're not terribly hard even outside God Mode if you plan your Materia and equipment properly. KOTR + MP Turbo + W-Summon + Mystile + HP Plus + Big Guard + Ribbon makes both fights very easy. Even without KOTR though, a little planning is all you need. :)

(Seriously though, Mystile's evasion rate is nuts. Ruby only managed to do about 6,000 damage to me before I took it down yesterday.)

I used KotR+HP Restore, Hades+W-Summon, Mime for Ruby

Counter+Mime(5) to Omnislash spam Emerald

Edited by wakdestoyer

Well, FF VII definitely haven't aged well, so it's nice that the cheats don't block trophies.

Definitely could see myself using the x3 Speed and No encounters ones

That's odd - I thought FFVII aged remarkably well when I played my PS1 version a couple of years back.

I do like the addition of God Mode, though - I mean, my guess is that many here have played this so many times, and feel it a duty to get the trophies, even if they aren't particularly looking forward to boring grinds and whatnot.

Yep - I remember that from back in the day.

No one seems to utilize some of the cool Materia tricks these days, though. I loved the fact that you could link to different copies of the same materia, and still get all of the effects each time you cast the spell.

• 5 years later...
On 6/12/2015 at 7:14 PM, MMDE said:

I think the thing with Jak 2 and Jak 3 is that some of the orbs required are hard due to terrible gameplay. Like the gun range, and some of the kart stuff, and some of the racing through checkpoints etc. You're simply removing some terrible side-quest gameplay problems. A good comparison would be if they added invincibility to Jak 2... Yeah, that'd break the game...

This game has never had those issues. The cheats basically breaks the main portion of the game. FF7 already had tons of exploits, which has always been considered okay, this stuff just breaks the game and removes a lot of the fun... :\

Actually yes, they added Invincibility in Jak 2 into the PS VITA version. Personally, I used it all the time due to bad controls in VITA. Worst port ever that one.