Missable Trophies Guide (Community Effort)

MMDE

Leviathan is not missable. I've gotten it on Disc 2 (after Temple) before. Loose Cannon is definitely missable, though.

Yeah, I think you're right. I thought so too, but a guide I looked at said it is. :S This is kinda why I want it to be a community effort. Aerith's 4th limit break is very easy to miss IMO.

Edited by MMDE

Agreed. Leviathan can be obtained in any disc, as long as yuffie is in your group

Also, you can't get the Transcendant Convoker  by stopping the train in coral. You either have to possess a "master level" materia of each summoning or beat emeral weapon and trading your loot with the man in Kalm

Edited by lesk8vaincra

Transcendant Convoker is missable, if you don't get the Huge Materia from Corel, and if you miss some of the Summon Materias in the game. 

You are wrong ;). When you beat emerald weapon you'll get 'harpe terrestre' (don't know how it is called in english) wich you can trade to a man in Kalm for a master summon materia (and also a master magic and master command materia)

Edited by lesk8vaincra

doable, but very hard. I recommend not to miss it xD

The bone village mini-game is easy enough IMO. Yeah, sure, get all the huge materia, it's for the better, but it doesn't make it missable if you can get it from that mini-game.

The bone village mini-game is easy enough IMO. Yeah, sure, get all the huge materia, it's for the better, but it doesn't make it missable if you can get it from that mini-game.

there is something like a 5% chance of getting it IF you dig in the right place, if i remember correctly. Not missable, but you can lose 5 to 10 hours looking for it...

there is something like a 5% chance of getting it IF you dig in the right place, if i remember correctly. Not missable, but you can lose 5 to 10 hours looking for it...

5% chance is huge... That should be around 20 attempts. 5 to 10 hours??? That takes like 30 minutes tops...

You are wrong ;). When you beat emerald weapon you'll get 'harpe terrestre' (don't know how it is called in english) wich you can trade to a man in Kalm for a master summon materia (and also a master magic and master command materia)

Yup, you are correct about this, and as such, I will remove it from the list! :) It's called Earth Harp, and you do indeed get it from beating Emerald Weapon, but that boss is a pain in the ass to beat.

I will have to do some more checking on Barret's limit break. If it's not missable, then I will have to remove it, but if it is missable it will stick as is. Will also need to put in some more info on Aerith limit break, because that one is sooo easy to miss.

Edited by MMDE

5% chance is huge... That should be around 20 attempts. 5 to 10 hours??? That takes like 30 minutes tops...

Yup, you are correct about this, and as such, I will remove it from the list! :) It's called Earth Harp, and you do indeed get it from beating Emerald Weapon, but that boss is a pain in the ass to beat.

I will have to do some more checking on Barret's limit break. If it's not missable, then I will have to remove it, but if it is missable it will stick as is. Will also need to put in some more info on Aerith limit break, because that one is sooo easy to miss.

5% doesn't means "it will come once on 20 attempts", but "in every attempt, you get 5% chance of getting it" :D. I can assure you that missing this materia can be really painful if you have to search for it in bone village.

Emeral weapon shouldn't be a problem if you know what you are doing, and anyway, it is needed for another trophy :P. Back in the days, i had to try like a hundred time to defeat it (back then, there was no internet :D), but with nowaday's roadmap, anyone will beat it easily. Ruby is harder, but totally manageable :)

IMO, the only "trully missable trophies" are Barret's date in golden saucer, and Aerith's level 4 limit.

Edited by lesk8vaincra

Actually, Bahamut Zero is missable! You require both Bahamut and getting at least one of the four huge materias during main story line, else you can't get the materia or access the location. Will update the guide again with this info.

5% doesn't means "it will come once on 20 attempts", but "in every attempt, you get 5% chance of getting it" :D. I can assure you that missing this materia can be really painful if you have to search for it in bone village.

Yeah, yeah, but I played that mini game many times, and had fun with it. You just gotta know where to place those dudes to pin point the treasure. Each attempt shouldn't take more than 1-2 minutes max.

Vincent is missable

??? You can get him on disc 3 just fine.

You don't necessarily get a lot of the trophies in this game, but as long as you can always get them without resetting the game because you missed something and have saved past that point, they are not considered missable.

Anyways, I made some more adjustments to the guide, and I think it's rather finished to me now. Please do give feedback etc about things I should change or add etc.

Edited by MMDE

I dont remember that, are you sure? Which option would you have to chose in order to miss him?

He has specific dialogue choices for him to join the party. If you mischoose one choice, he will ignore you and you cant persuade him to join you again afterwards. I remember doing this my first time back on the PSX days pre-internet

He has specific dialogue choices for him to join the party. If you mischoose one choice, he will ignore you and you cant persuade him to join you again afterwards. I remember doing this my first time back on the PSX days pre-internet

I'm still pretty sure that you can at the very least leave the building and come again later. I have never heard of anything making him missable and i have never missed him, even if i absolutely don't know what choice i have to chose. You have to talk to him several times, he'll go in his coffin again, then when you leave the building he'll ask you to wait for him.

Also, nothing i can found on the internet says that you can miss him :/