Missable Trophies Guide (Community Effort)

MMDE

HUGE WARNING.

The Cosmo Canyon trick with Barret does not work. I just had the date with Barret using this method and the trophy did not pop.

NVM: Looks like I will be spending an extra 10 hours on this one, because the game is glitched.

It won't prevent your trophy from popping if you don't overuse it. The trophy apparently checks for some value and if you're over that, it won't pop despite giving you the scene. Quite a few people elsewhere online have confirmed they got the trophy by missing some dialogue affections and making up for them with the glitch (just not overdoing it).

New born? =P I don't know where you got that from, but I'm not expecting any child anytime soon. I gave Niall my Skype, I think.

I'm wondering about this myself. This guide just notes the missable trophies and how to make sure you don't miss them, not necessarily how to get 'em. If it is enough to stop the train to avoid getting locked out from getting the limit break, then this is all I list. I'm very unsure if this old woman gives you it if you don't stop the train. This can easily be tested by anyone who cares to do so though.

I've tried to point this out in the opening post, but if it's pretty much confirmed this is what causes people not to unlock it, I will not describe how to do it, but rather only warn against it! :) 10 hours? I'm sure with the cheats, you can do it in like 5 hours or something.

I don't think you should ram into anyone. Just make sure you place yourself next to them and hit one time to take them out. Pretty simple.

What did you do when it didn't unlock?

No.

i didn't know it was story related i won the chocobo race to get out of the prison and that was that i thought the trophy was related to the random betting chocobo game.

Pointed out earlier that the Cosmo Canyon trick with gaining affinity with Barret did not work for me... However I choose to try again, and went with 17 times redoing the conversation glitch, instead of the 50 times I had done at my previous attempt, and voila, worked like a charm this time around :-) So for those who don't get it using the glitch the first time around, try lowering the times you redo it, that might help  :D

Might sound weird Xeliot, but I think the first note is actually played when you proceed to play the piano... So if you try to take it from the second note... As soon as you exit the tutorial screen, start with Square instead of X and then just play the song... Don't know if it helps  :P

Edited by Tsukuyomi_Moon89

Might sound weird Xeliot, but I think the first note is actually played when you proceed to play the piano... So if you try to take it from the second note... As soon as you exit the tutorial screen, start with Square instead of X and then just play the song... Don't know if it helps  :P

I'm aware of that, I've tried numerous times. Maybe I was supposed to use the piano back when I was controlling Cloud in the flashback.

I'm aware of that, I've tried numerous times. Maybe I was supposed to use the piano back when I was controlling Cloud in the flashback.

Nah, I didn't touch the piano at all throughout my game until the very end when I got her final limit break, and I didn't have any trouble getting it. How far are you in the story? You have to be at least as far as the part on the 2nd disc where you get Cloud back.

• Like 1

Nah, I didn't touch the piano at all throughout my game until the very end when I got her final limit break, and I didn't have any trouble getting it. How far are you in the story? You have to be at least as far as the part on the 2nd disc where you get Cloud back.

I haven't went through temple of the ancients yet.

EDIT: I've looked it up, I have to do it after the Lifestream events. 

Edited by Xeliot

I haven't went through temple of the ancients yet.

EDIT: I've looked it up, I have to do it after the Lifestream events. 

I was about to say that! lol You basically have to go through some things in the game, for that piano play to make sense, sort of IIRC. ;p

Pointed out earlier that the Cosmo Canyon trick with gaining affinity with Barret did not work for me... However I choose to try again, and went with 17 times redoing the conversation glitch, instead of the 50 times I had done at my previous attempt, and voila, worked like a charm this time around :-) So for those who don't get it using the glitch the first time around, try lowering the times you redo it, that might help  :D

Yeah, okay, I will point that out in the OP then. :P

One more thing, how do you trigger your date with Barret after using the exploit at Cosmo Canyon. 

Doesn't it say so in the opening post? =P

This is because at some point in the game, you will get to a place called Gold Saucer, a famous tourist attraction. The first night staying there, you get to go on a date with someone of your choice. You can only date those who like you enough, which depends on some of your choices from earlier in the game.

Basically, it's unmissable, it's part of the main story line.

Edited by MMDE

I can confirm that Chocochampion is glitched. It didn't unlock for me either.

What did you do that you think you were supposed to unlock it from doing?

I may have screwed this up then  :lol:, I will try to do it the legit way on my 2nd run.

Did you go on date with someone else?

Maybe the trophy is for winning the bet part of chocobo racing? Maybe it is for winning another race than the story-related one?

I got the trophy for winning the story race, so it's either a good glitch on my end or a bad one on the other.

I got the trophy for winning the story race, so it's either a good glitch on my end or a bad one on the other.

I can't remember if you can do any Chocobo race before winning it in the story race, but I'm sure in the story line, you have to win the Chocobo race. If you fail the first time, you get a stronger Chocobo etc, and if you hold R1 and L1, you restore stamina faster!

Maybe they didn't win the first time? Maybe they had already bet on Chocobos? Maybe they have only bet on Chocobos... idk... Will try to see if the next trophy that must pop in the story line has less people who has got it, because else, it may be missable/glitched.

While missable, it's hard to miss unless you don't care to pick up red materia right in front of you, the Bahamut materia trophy has far less owners than the Chocobo race one, which is rather soon after the Chocobo race.

Edited by MMDE

Has anyone had problems with "Best Bromance"? I missed it the first time around, but I made a save in a different saveslot in Cosmo Canyon so I could reload it later and do the conversation glitch with Barret... So now I loaded that save and got enough points for the romance scene in Gold Saucer, however, I didn't recive the trophy after the scene, even though I ended up with Barret this time around, anyone with same problem?

What conversation glitch with Barret? Does it boost your points with him so you can take him on the date?

I want to say thanks to everyone on this thread, and especially MMDE, for providing information and feedback on miss-able trophies.

This is my first go around with Final Fantasy VII and I'm sure I'm not alone. On behalf of those of us who have never been to Midgar: thank you.

Now let's just hope the ChocoChampion trophy isn't glitched. :D

• Like 1

I can't remember if you can do any Chocobo race before winning it in the story race, but I'm sure in the story line, you have to win the Chocobo race. If you fail the first time, you get a stronger Chocobo etc, and if you hold R1 and L1, you restore stamina faster!

Maybe they didn't win the first time? Maybe they had already bet on Chocobos? Maybe they have only bet on Chocobos... idk... Will try to see if the next trophy that must pop in the story line has less people who has got it, because else, it may be missable/glitched.

While missable, it's hard to miss unless you don't care to pick up red materia right in front of you, the Bahamut materia trophy has far less owners than the Chocobo race one, which is rather soon after the Chocobo race.

I picked up the summon then won the race the first time i do have a save right before so i'll keep testing to see if the trophy unlocks maybe if i don't grab the summon or if i lose the first race and win the 2nd it'll pop.

Edited by ShadowStrike002

I'll specify what i did in case it helps.

I did bet on Chocobo races before entering the story race. Never won though.

I lost the first story race (shut up), won the second one.

What conversation glitch with Barret? Does it boost your points with him so you can take him on the date?

Yes, you can repeat a certain conversation by exiting a certain conversation, leaving the room Barret is inside, which resets the dialogue, continue talking and leaving. A certain part of the conversation gets you 3 points extra each time you do it. It is however strongly suggested not to overdo it, because this seems to affect if the trophy pops, even if the game allow you to date Barret. It doesn't seem like a number overflow, but it could be something like it has to be between a certain range or it only checks some few bits. The latter would be strange IMO. This might have been done on purpose for all I know. It is however recommended that you keep a save from right before you enter Cosmo Canyon for the first time. If you fail to go on a date with Barret, you have a decent chance of affecting it from there!

Let's see if you can get it from winning while betting or with your own Chocobo later in the game. You can't really do chocobo breeding before disc 2 and you've got Cid on the team.

I picked up the summon then won the race the first time i do have a save right before so i'll keep testing to see if the trophy unlocks maybe if i don't grab the summon or if i lose the first race and win the 2nd it'll pop.

I don't think the summon affects if the trophy pops. I get that English isn't your primary language, neither is it mine, but just to clarify, by "summon", you mean the materia Choco/Mog?

Can you try to do manual controls? No cheats? etc See if different settings affects if the trophy pops! I'm not sure if it can pop later in the game or not, but I know many do get it popping when they get out of Corel Prison.

EDIT:

I've seen people say they got it after the Corel Prison race, so I guess it's not missable... Just gotta figure out the requirements! :) I think it may have to do with using cheats or auto/manual control etc. It seems people even say they've got it after betting on chocobos and lost... o.O

Updated opening post with some info on the glitched chocobo trophy. I'd say don't worry too much, perhaps keep an extra save from Corel prison and try to go for the trophy while breeding chocobos for the gold chocobo! Try both auto and manual controls, and try to do it without using cheats etc. Maybe even try to bet on chocobos.

Edited by MMDE