Do cheats disable trophies?

um how is this possible? your playing gta vice city? how are you doing this? I must know for I love that gta game and it's the only one I like

They released some revamped PS2 titles, all of them are here: https://store.playstation.com/#!/nl-nl/playstation-2-games/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PS2TOPS4?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ps%20store&utm_campaign=PX+-+PlayStation&EMCID=GM300000_store(EU Store)

• Like 1

um how is this possible? your playing gta vice city? how are you doing this? I must know for I love that gta game and it's the only one I like

You must not know the news that a couple of PS2 games came to PS4 with trophies. GTA 3, Vice City, and SA are all on PS4 now

You must not know the news that a couple of PS2 games came to PS4 with trophies. GTA 3, Vice City, and SA are all on PS4 now

damn I never knew it came out so soon I will be picking up gta vice city thanks.

I've done some digging and it seems like cheats could affect things like the ability to get 100% completion and what criminal ranks you can obtain. Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to avoid using them until we get some confirmation that they don't prevent you from getting those.

EDIT: Apparently cheats such as spawning in vehicles will decrease your criminal rank by 999 points. Others have said that some cheats will glitch your save and prevent you from gaining more than around 97%.

Edited by Undead_Wolf_N7
  • Like 2

I've done some digging and it seems like cheats could affect things like the ability to get 100% completion and what criminal ranks you can obtain. Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to avoid using them until we get some confirmation that they don't prevent you from getting those.

EDIT: Apparently cheats such as spawning in vehicles will decrease your criminal rank by 999 points. Others have said that some cheats will glitch your save and prevent you from gaining more than around 97%.

im hoping there is ways around this lol 

Hey guys, I am curious does cheat would affect the 100% competition? Thanks!

Yes. Using cheats on any of the GTA games, 3, SA or even VC will ensure you CANT get 100% game completion. You can complete everything in the game, and whatever you have last will not give you any percent, leaving you stuck at 99% completion, so using cheats to obtain other trophies has no use at this point.

It was like this on the PS2 game and was done intentionally so I don't see why it would change for the PS4 version.

Edited by Meepy-
  • Like 2

Yes. Using cheats on any of the GTA games, 3, SA or even VC will ensure you CANT get 100% game completion. You can complete everything in the game, and whatever you have last will not give you any percent, leaving you stuck at 99% completion, so using cheats to obtain other trophies has no use at this point.

It was like this on the PS2 game and was done intentionally so I don't see why it would change for the PS4 version.

I hope that's true because that's brilliant, but do you have a source for this? I did a bit of looking around and some people said they managed 100% with cheats just fine.

I hope that's true because that's brilliant, but do you have a source for this? I did a bit of looking around and some people said they managed 100% with cheats just fine.

Its happened with me personally because I decided to spawn a car and got stuck at 99% even with everything completed. Guides on GameFAQ's also mention the possibility of not being able to get 100% completion with the use of cheats.

• Like 1

Still not a big deal on SA no trophy for 100% on it.

Thanks! I remember that i could affect on PS2 verison so i will leave for it and stick with non cheat, almost platinum of GTA SA PS3. 

im hoping there is ways around this lol 

Yeah, don't cheat, lol.

I got 100% in all GTA games without using cheats back on PS2, it's not that hard as there's tons of tricks out there, and since the games are all over 10 years old, they're all well known.  I mean, if you want to use cheat codes, go for it, I won't tell you how to play your game, but if you want 100% completion, you gotta do it legit.

Can someone confirm if the soundtracks are that of the original PS2 versions?

I know, probably not the place to ask, but I don't care.

When they re-release the game in an updated form like they did on Android, I understand they need to re-license some tracks and whatnot, but since this is just the old PS2 version, is it unchanged or...?

Can someone confirm if the soundtracks are that of the original PS2 versions?

I know, probably not the place to ask, but I don't care.

When they re-release the game in an updated form like they did on Android, I understand they need to re-license some tracks and whatnot, but since this is just the old PS2 version, is it unchanged or...?

I didn't played the game yet, but since is from the PS2 version and they just upscaled the graphics and added trophy support I will say the soundtrack is the same, but I'm not sure.

At least in a video I heard the song Self-Control, which was in the original PS2 version.