Cheats disable trophies?

Oh, I figured you were playing the PS3 one since it's the only one on your profile.

I guess the PS4 version disables trophies too then. That's strange since that doesn't seem to be the case for III or Vice City.

It could be because San Andreas is a bit newer than 3 and VC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

True stuff btw it's true for gta 3 except 1% of the 100% trophy, I haven't tried it yet I've just heard so everyone keep this in mind.

That's not true about gta3. Cheats do not stop you from getting 100%. I did it myself. In vice city, cheats don't disable trophies either. However some cheats do negatively affect your criminal rating which can affect your ability to platinum.

Edited by VerCettI
  • Like 2

yes it does, I was exploring los Santos with the jet pack then one of the gang on the street talked to me when I was on the ground, I tried to reply to him by randomly pressed left and right on the D-pad (I didn't know what I did but a screen (similar to the ones that the ps3 shows when you press hold the PS button) popped up to me saying something like you have entered a cheat, trophies will be locked.

I don't know what I did but all NPC's on the street got rifles and RPG's and started to attack me O.O

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that in GTA 3 and Vice City, you CAN use cheats. However, for the Criminal Rating based trophies, using cheats will make it harder obtain such trophies. For some reason, some cheats escape the Criminal Rating Penalty, such as the "Destroy All Cars" cheat in Vice City (a cheat used in getting the "Take the Cannoli" 1,000,000 Criminal Rating Cheat.) Others have low penalties, while others have absurd ones.

In San Andreas, I tried to use the "Lower Wanted Level" cheat during the Vigilante Missions. Once I beat level 12, the trophy DID NOT pop, thus confirming that using cheats in San Andreas disables trophies.