Will Fatal Frame be available on PS4?

Finozzi1696

Now that they are putting PS2 games on PS4, will the first 3 Fatal Frame/Project Zero games be available on PS4 someday? I know that Nintendo owns the rights of the franchise now and that's why we didn't got more Fatal Frame's games sadly, but they put the first 3 games on the PS3 some years ago but I couldn't play them because they were only available on the American Store (I don't know why), so is there a chance that they will put them on the PS4 (worldwide this time)?

I also want some more great PS2 horror games like Silent Hill 2, 3, 4, Origins and Shattered Memories, ObsCure 1 and 2, and Haunting Ground.

I would love to play them in 1080p and with trophies!

You can also check: people wish lists of PS2 games for the PS4

Edited by Finozzi1696

Wow that is an awesome thought! Personally I'm not sure. SIlent Hill HD came out and well it's not the best thing in the world, but there are still SH games yet to be released on PSN along with the other titles you mentioned like Haunting Ground so there might be a possibility in that regard. As for Fatal Frame, it's tough to say considering Nintendo's rights on it, I'd say it's less likely but it still could happen if some issues got ironed out.

• Like 1

Right now, Ape Escape 2 and Dark Cloud 2 have also been leaked. I'm guessing Sony made a deal with R* and threw in some of there own games.

However, these games have been demanded for a port. If the demand is there, I can only imagine that Sony will milk the sh*t out of this.

I really hope so. Ever since I read this topic All I wanted to do was collect trophies in these games. God damn it Finozzi!

Edited by WinterHitman

Wow that is an awesome thought! Personally I'm not sure. SIlent Hill HD came out and well it's not the best thing in the world, but there are still SH games yet to be released on PSN along with the other titles you mentioned like Haunting Ground so there might be a possibility in that regard. As for Fatal Frame, it's tough to say considering Nintendo's rights on it, I'd say it's less likely but it still could happen if some issues got ironed out.

Yeah! but some years ago they were available on the PS3 to download, and when they did it Nintendo still owned the rights of the franchise, so it seems that Sony still owns the PS2 versions maybe? I don't know but oh God I would pay ANYTHING to play them, I never could and now with trophies and platinums it would be a must-have for me!

I really hope so. Ever since I read this topic All I wanted to do was collect trophies in these games. God damn it Finozzi!

LOL sorry  :lol: Let's hope Sony hear our demands.

Edited by Finozzi1696

It's alright. Anyway back on topic though

Yeah fatal frame is a weird case in that it's being held in-between companies indefinitely. Let's just hope Sony pulls out ahead and gives us their win in the form of trophies for those classic horror games we love!

That would be awesome. I've actually never played a Fatal Frame game. 

Yeah me neither! let's hope they put them in the future, or at least some other horror games (I love horror lol)

I think before any more games are added, they have to see how well the ones they have atm how they sell

Yeah that's true, from what I saw it seems that they are selling well on the Store, at least last gen there were less users worldwide with a PS3 and PS2 classics still sold really well, so now that everybody has a PS4 I'm sure they will sell better.

Unlikely last one was wii u exclusive. 

I don't think you read what I said, I was talking about the PS2 versions, not the "next-gen" versions. I know Nintendo purchased the rights of the franchise but the PS2 versions were available to purchase on the PS3 some years ago and at that time Nintendo still owned the rights of the franchise, so I think maybe Sony still owns the PS2 versions, and if that's true let's hope they put them on the PS4 Store, with 1080p and trophies!

Edited by Finozzi1696

That would be amazing, I never actually played them the first time round.

Can't believe I bought a PS4 and I'm so excited about playing PS2 games on it.

I'm also holding out hope for Grandia 1, 2 and 3.

Yes, Grandia 3 and Xtreme would be great, especially because both games have never been published in Europe.

To be honest I'd doubt it, I think they'll only do super popular games or games owned by Sony

I mean if you want fatal frame there always maiden of back water I go it in release really good so far but you'll need a Wii-u

Yes but they included some really (IMO) weird games that I don't think were much popular like "War of the Monsters" and "The Mark of Kri".

I do think they will include more popular games like Bully, GTA Stories, Max Payne (already leaked), but I hope they include some horror games like Fatal Frame, Silent Hill, Obscure, Haunting Ground, Clock Tower 3, etc

I don't really care that much about the new Fatal Frame games for Wii, I was never able to play the classic PS2 games and I want them so much, I mean they already included the Fatal Frame trilogy on PS3, I would love if they do the same for PS4, now with 1080p and trophies!

I really hope.. I loved Fatal Frame series so much.

Yes! I could never play them but I still love them so much (I know its weird lol)

I would love to play them in 1080p and with trophy support.

I still have all three of the PS2 games on Disc and digital. I would have no problem buying them again.

I would literally pay anything to have them, I could never play them for different reasons and if they include the trilogy at 1080p and with trophy support for PS4 I would die of happiness!

Edited by Finozzi1696