Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

I didn't play too much on the ps2 when I was younger, so I'm curious to see what they publish so I can see what I missed out on.

My (short) list:

1. Dark Cloud 2

2. Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

3. Harry potter series

not many people remember sphinx and the cursed mummy :/ and it's too bad it is for I love this game and I hope more people would like this, just quoting you for no one seems to play the games I know that are on ps2 unless it was big like gta or ico

• Like 1

TEKKEN 5

ACE COMBAT 04

RIDGE RACER V

SILENT HILL 4

But the problem is Sony released the games only published by SCE. I guess they never releasing games from third party publishers without some licensing or something like that. Sorry for my bad English

Edited by Rockman_765

TEKKEN 5

ACE COMBAT 04

RIDGE RACER V

SILENT HILL 4

But the problem is Sony released the games only published by SCE. I guess they never releasing games from third party publishers without some licensing or something like that. Sorry for my bad English

They also released some PS2 games previously published by Rockstar, and they are going to release some more like Max Payne.

I believe they are going to release more games that weren't previously published by them, that's why they asked us on Twitter which PS2 games we want to see.

And also all these PS2 games that they released now are just the initial batch that they had planning to port months ago, what I mean is that this were the initial games that they could get to make ports off, so you can expect more games and hopefully from different publishers.

Is Sony still taking requests from the public about PS2 games on the PS4? I really want Sonic Heroes, Yu-gi-oh: duelist of the roses, Crash team racing, Crash Bash,, Dragonball z Budokai tenkaichi 1,2,3. There's alot more games that i want but just can't think on them right now. Can someone pass this on for me? Haven't a clue what i'm supposed to be doing. 

Off the top of my head:

• Culdcept
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Silent Hill 3
  • Silent Hill 4 - The Room
  • Tales of Legendia
  • Persona 3 FES
  • Persona 4
  • Final Fantasy XII (if there's no remake for PS4)
  • Okami
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts 2
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
  • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
  • Sly 2: Band of Thieves
  • Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  • Jak 2
  • Jak 3
  • God of War
  • God of War 2
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
  • Tony Hawk's Underground
  • Tony Hawk's Underground 2
  • Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
  • Burnout 2: Point of Impact
  • Burnout 3: Takedown
  • Def Jam: Vendetta
  • Def Jam: Fight for NY
Edited by TheRealCincaid

Is Sony still taking requests from the public about PS2 games on the PS4?

Yes I think they are, you just need to send this thread to Shuhei Yoshida's Twitter account and Dave Thach's Twitter account and also use the hashtag #ps2ps4 and write all the PS2 games you want to see on PS4.

Also any mention of where the hell Max Payne is? I remember it being certified like last month?

Yeah it was only leaked but they didn't officially confirmed it, I think we'll have to wait a little until they announce the release date, and seeing how fast we are getting this PS2 games I think they will release it soon on the Store.

• Like 1

I'm so glad to hear that Psychonauts has made the list. I was kinda hoping for this, since I never played the game when it was originally out on PC or other consoles way back then. Well with the long list of Tim Schafer remasters/re-releases announced recenty and Psychonauts 2 as well, I shouldn't have been surprised. This might be the only PS2/Ps4 game I might pick up.

The PS2 prices are still too expensive for a re-releases though.

Edited by DysectorZA

The PS2 prices are still too expensive for a re-releases though.

Agreed. A $15 price tag just seems excessive. I'm hoping for one of those 75-80% off sales.

people still don't see to understand that these aren't simple ports, they implemented trophies, 1080p resolution, streaming, remote play, second screen, etc...

they put some effort into making them, and doing that cost money so obviously they would charge a little extra for all those things.

i'm not defending the $15 price tag, but like i said these ports required money to be made so they shouldn't cost 5 dollars either like the PS3 ports which didn't even had trophies and other stuff that this PS4 versions have, so like you said if you don't like it just wait for a sale.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Robot Alchemic Drive, I would literally have an accident if I could play this with trophies

Persona 3 and 4

Smt, entire ps2 library including digital devil saga

Dragon quest 8, Japan dubbed though

Namco X Capcom

Kagero II: Dark Illusion, this game changed the deception series more than any other release

Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon, with multiplayer available

Playing any of these with trophies would be awesome

people still don't see to understand that these aren't simple ports, they implemented trophies, 1080p resolution, streaming, remote play, second screen, etc...

they put some effort into making them, and doing that cost money so obviously they would charge a little extra for all those things.

i'm not defending the $15 price tag, but like i said these ports required money to be made so they shouldn't cost 5 dollars either like the PS3 ports which didn't even had trophies and other stuff that this PS4 versions have, so like you said if you don't like it just wait for a sale.

I don't disagree that there should be some cost involved. I do realize that some work and effort went into them working on PS4, so I don't mind paying something, but $15 is a little high. I would be more than happy to pay between $5 and $8 for a PS2 re-release.

I also wish that there was a way, that if you had your original PS2 title, that you could pop it into your PS4 for a free download, or at least a discounted price.

I don't disagree that there should be some cost involved. I do realize that some work and effort went into them working on PS4, so I don't mind paying something, but $15 is a little high. I would be more than happy to pay between $5 and $8 for a PS2 re-release.

I also wish that there was a way, that if you had your original PS2 title, that you could pop it into your PS4 for a free download, or at least a discounted price.

The price is a bit steep yes. But in my opinion worth it.

I don't see why owning the original PS2 release would make you eligible for a discount.

Edited by MrKend54l

$5-$8 is what the PS3 versions cost, and those versions doesn't have trophies, 1080p, and all the other things that I pointed out that the PS4 versions have, so in that case the PS3 versions should cost 1 or 2 dollars, which it would have been nice but it is what it is.

I also don't see why they should give you this far superior port for free just because you own the original, like I said this PS4 versions have new things implemented and they cost money to make so in some way they are "incompatible" with any other inferior version previously released.

Either way there's no point arguing about this, Sony will still charge the same amount of money for them and like I said if you aren't comfortable with the price tag just wait for a sale soon.

Edited by smellslikejavier

My list would be (Excluding games that have been made into an HD collection):

007: Everything or Nothing
Area 51
Black
Bully
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex
Crash Twinsanity
Dark Chronicle

Dirge of Cerberus

Dog's Life

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3