Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

Why only PS2? I'd rather have some PS1 titles upgraded with trophies.

Chrono Trigger (the ps1 remake)

Dino Crisis 1 & 2

Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem

Resident Evil 2 & 3 (but I'm sure they'll get around to that eventually)

Crash Bandicoot series

Spyro the Dragon series

Soul Reaver

Castle Vania Symphony of the Night

To name a few

I'd also suggest some PS2 titles to stay on topic, but I never had one, so my knowledge of PS2 games is limited, the ones I do know already have rereleases (either on PS3 or PS4) with trophy support (God of War, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter).

• Like 3

$5-$8 is what the PS3 versions cost, and those versions doesn't have trophies, 1080p, and all the other things that I pointed out that the PS4 versions have, so in that case the PS3 versions should cost 1 or 2 dollars, which it would have been nice but it is what it is.

I also don't see why they should give you this far superior port for free just because you own the original, like I said this PS4 versions have new things implemented and they cost money to make so in some way they are "incompatible" with any other inferior version previously released.

Either way there's no point arguing about this, Sony will still charge the same amount of money for them and like I said if you aren't comfortable with the price tag just wait for a sale soon.

Thanks  :) Yeah, I agree with you. I'll wait and hope for a sale soon.  B)

These people just echo on the points you made : http://cogconnected.com/2016/01/sony-ps2-rerelease-pricing-why-so-expensive/

• Like 1

all I want to be remastered with trophies is evil dead fistful of boomstick, silent hill 4, haven call of the king, the thing and sphinx and the cursed mummy, there all games that need more love then they already have if you ask me.

this video is of sphinx and the cursed mummy

Edited by KANERKB

I created this thread because since December 5th, 2015 Sony has begun releasing many PS2 games with upgraded resolution and trophies, there isn't any plan to port upgraded PS1 games at the moment so that's why this is only about PS2 titles. The day Sony confirms PS1 emulation with trophies and stuff me or somebody else will create a similar thread about it, but currently is pointless to make one.

There are many great games from the PS1 era, but there are also many great games from the PS2 era as well, I suggest you to search for lists and videos on Google about PS2 titles because there are thousands of amazing titles that you sure will like, and meanwhile you can check those available on the Store at the moment.

Edited by Finozzi1696

I really, really hope at some point these get released on disc. A collection would be ideal to keep the price point a little higher. Fingers crossed!

I don't think they will, this is more like a port-emulation sort of stuff like when they did this for the PS3 (except without trophies and all the other stuff), it isn't really a remaster where they add more stuff and they directly change the graphics and everything so I highly doubt they will be released on disc, because that will be like selling the same PS2 version with just an upgraded resolution, trophies and other stuff (graphics untouched) on disc again or something like that.

Edited by Finozzi1696

I really, really hope at some point these get released on disc. A collection would be ideal to keep the price point a little higher. Fingers crossed!

But they were.......10 years ago  xD

It would be nice if our actual PS2 discs were compatible though but that means less money for sony

But they were.......10 years ago  xD

It would be nice if our actual PS2 discs were compatible though but that means less money for sony

honestly i prefer having this PS4 versions which includes trophies/platinum, 1080p resolution, remote play, streaming, second screen capabilities, etc rather than playing the original PS2 versions which doesn't have any of that.

even if i had thousands of PS2 games i would rather play this upgraded versions, sony did a really good move by implementing trophies, i never bought any PS2 port available on the PS3 store because they didn't have trophies, and this is even reflected on the sales, in my store there are (for example) more Vice City games sold on PS4 than the PS3 versions just because they now have trophies (and i saw many people said things like that in forums, trophies = yeah baby! sold!)

another funny thing is that when this emulation thing was announced there were many people complaining about the price (now they can just wait for a sale) and incompatibility with the disc versions and now every time i go to a forum about this PS2 emulation thing i mostly see only positive comments and people typing which PS2 games they want to see next.

• Like 1

I don't think they will, this is more like a port-emulation sort of stuff like when they did this for the PS3 (except without trophies and all the other stuff), it isn't really a remaster where they add more stuff and they directly change the graphics and everything so I highly doubt they will be released on disc, because that will be like selling the same PS2 version with just an upgraded resolution, trophies and other stuff (graphics untouched) on disc again or something like that.

Thanks for pissing all over my hopes. I guess I won't hope for it any more. You know, since all those PS2 discs are still available new in retail stores, they wouldn't want collections of PS4 updated games available for whole swaths of new gamers who never owned PS2s right next to the PS2 games that aren't updated.

Thanks for pissing all over my hopes. I guess I won't hope for it any more. You know, since all those PS2 discs are still available new in retail stores, they wouldn't want collections of PS4 updated games available for whole swaths of new gamers who never owned PS2s right next to the PS2 games that aren't updated.

I hope you didn't think that I wanted to let you down, personally I would be glad if they release collections like this with maybe 5 PS2 games bundled at once, that would be great! I just wanted to tell you that I doubt Sony will do it, because this is more like just an emulation thing and not a whole remaster.

But like I said if it were for me I would be happy if Sony does it, someday.

I would go gaga for this (again, with a more comfortable price point).

Me too, but I doubt it. I think Sony (and everyone else) wants to get away from physical media as soon as possible.

honestly i prefer having this PS4 versions which includes trophies/platinum, 1080p resolution, remote play, streaming, second screen capabilities, etc rather than playing the original PS2 versions which doesn't have any of that.

even if i had thousands of PS2 games i would rather play this upgraded versions, sony did a really good move by implementing trophies, i never bought any PS2 port available on the PS3 store because they didn't have trophies, and this is even reflected on the sales, in my store there are (for example) more Vice City games sold on PS4 than the PS3 versions just because they now have trophies (and i saw many people said things like that in forums, trophies = yeah baby! sold!)

another funny thing is that when this emulation thing was announced there were many people complaining about the price (now they can just wait for a sale) and incompatibility with the disc versions and now every time i go to a forum about this PS2 emulation thing i mostly see only positive comments and people typing which PS2 games they want to see next.

Oh no i didnt mean that exactly. I meant that it would be nice if we could put the PS2 discs in and earn trophies with that rather than buying arguably the same version again. This could be done but sony wont because it's less money for them. All the other features would still be included because well that is part of the PS4 functions inst it. Instead of $40 i could have got trophies for free but what can you do. If only there was a way to prove we have the PS2 version and get the new version free.