Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

if you like or don't like the games available right now or the ones leaked depends on your tastes. i don't understand this kind of people that just because they don't know anything about certain game they say they aren't good, there's something called "gameplays" on youtube where you can go and check how all of this games plays out before saying if they are good or not without knowing anything about them, and you can also check people's lists about many other PS2 games that might caught your attention, if i hadn't looked up other people's lists of their favourite PS2 games i would have missed on so many great games that are now my favourites.

Yeah the PS2 was the console with the most praised games and franchises from its era and that was the reason is was the best selling one of its time, well its still one of the most best selling consoles of all time, and for that reason there are waaay many interesting games out there that we don't know about because we only talk about the games we played on it or the ones we remember the most, so like you said searching for PS2's lists, top 10 lists or random videos of PS2 games is a good way of discovering more games that we might actually like.

Ape Escape 3 (including the Mesal Gear Solid minigame)

Conflict: Desert Storm II

Conflict: Global Storm

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Onimusha: Warlords

Onimusha 2

Onimusha 3: Demon Siege

Rocky Legends

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven

Tenchu: Fatal Shadows

Transformers Armada

X-Men: Next Dimension

max Payne 1 and 2

the getaway 1 and 2

resident evil 4 with platinum this time

mace griffin bounty hunter

driver 1,2,3

conflict desert storm 1,2

the warriors

bully

mafia

mercenaries

black

second sight 

psi ops 

timesplitters

007 games

50 cent bulletproof

area 51

gun

half life

manhunt 1,2

matrix path of neo

max Payne 1 and 2

the getaway 1 and 2

resident evil 4 with platinum this time

mace griffin bounty hunter

driver 1,2,3

conflict desert storm 1,2

the warriors

bully

mafia

mercenaries

black

second sight 

psi ops 

timesplitters

007 games

50 cent bulletproof

area 51

gun

half life

manhunt 1,2

matrix path of neo

you might have good luck with max payne 1 http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33194-max-payne-rated-for-ps4-1080p-and-trophies

let's hope they release it soon!

On PS One you had this piece of software for making music "Music Creation for the Playstation". I had some good fun with that! Please let something like that appear on PS4!

Song I made with it (yeah it's old): https://soundcloud.com/speedy-cerviche/extrinsic-delight

39754_front.jpg

wow that was pretty good, you can almost think it was made by a professional! that's really interesting, it would be nice if the ps4 had an app like that.

Isn't Fatal Frame Nintendo's property now?

yeah but sony managed to release the fatal frame trilogy on the ps3 store some years ago (and at that time nintendo still had the rights of the franchise), although it was only released on the north american store i think.

so maybe sony still own at least the PS2 versions? i don't know.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Isn't Fatal Frame Nintendo's property now?

yeah but sony managed to release the fatal frame trilogy on the ps3 store some years ago (and at that time nintendo still had the rights of the franchise), although it was only released on the north american store i think.

so maybe sony still own at least the PS2 versions? i don't know.

This is why I'm hoping for that. Honestly, Nintendo is not the place for such an IP, in my opinion. It would do much better on Sony/Microsoft consoles. I don't know how much Fatal Frame 5 sold on WiiU, so I could be wrong, but I doubt it's a lot. It doesn't seem like the majority of the WiiU fanbase is waiting for horror games.

This is why I'm hoping for that. Honestly, Nintendo is not the place for such an IP, in my opinion. It would do much better on Sony/Microsoft consoles. I don't know how much Fatal Frame 5 sold on WiiU, so I could be wrong, but I doubt it's a lot. It doesn't seem like the majority of the WiiU fanbase is waiting for horror games.

Fatal Frame was never a "big selling" franchise really, but according to this site: http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fatal+framethe best selling one is FF2 for the PS2, the Wii U one sold a little less than that and I don't know if it can be considered a commercial failure or not.

I wish Nintendo would have never owned the IP so we could have got new games for the PS3 and PS4, but oh well I'll be happy if Sony is able to port the original PS2 trilogy with trophies to PS4.

Looks like a lot of what I think needs to be done had been said.

Would love to see these tho...

Ty Tasmanian tiger trilogy

A true crime collection

Smugglers run

Bad boys 2

Tony hawk collection

Need for speed collection

Red dead revolver

Black

Scar face

Burnout games

Ratchet and clack complete with all original games also ratchet deadlock and secret agent clank from psp

A jak complete serious with jak racing x and dexter from psp

I'm sure there's plenty more

Honestly if Sony got rid of ps now or made it differently they could make the ps4 amazing

Just making all PS3 ps2 and ps1 games they can to the ps4

Also to allow purchases from PS3 to be playable on ps4. Just my thought

• Like 1

Looks like a lot of what I think needs to be done had been said.

Would love to see these tho...

Ty Tasmanian tiger trilogy

A true crime collection

Smugglers run

Bad boys 2

Tony hawk collection

Need for speed collection

Red dead revolver

Black

Scar face

Burnout games

Ratchet and clack complete with all original games also ratchet deadlock and secret agent clank from psp

A jak complete serious with jak racing x and dexter from psp

I'm sure there's plenty more

Honestly if Sony got rid of ps now or made it differently they could make the ps4 amazing

Just making all PS3 ps2 and ps1 games they can to the ps4

Also to allow purchases from PS3 to be playable on ps4. Just my thought

but if they do that then this ps2 games will probably not come with trophies/platinum, 1080p resolution, etc, so personally i prefer it the way they are doing it now.

Edited by smellslikejavier

My big ones are Ape Escape 2 and 3, though we've technically had those confirmed for release already... they just need to, you know, release.

As for others, I like Eliggon's suggestion of Sonic Riders, was pretty fun after getting past the learning curve. But I don't think it's too likely given it's a spinoff, and we haven't seen any main Sonic games hit PS2 on PS4 yet... Heroes would be the most likely one to happen, since SA1/2 on PSN are already a thing.

Other than those...

- SSX3

- Digimon World 4, if only so I could FINALLY beat that game maybe

- Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom... hey, I know what you're thinking. And unfortunately, aside from what I've listed in this post, I've played VERY few PS2 games other than licensed games, and most of them were pretty meh. But this was developed by THQ, and it's an enjoyable take on the Banjo Kazooie formula IMO. Doesn't mean it's a rational expectation on PS4, but a man can dream.