Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

I enjoy horror games, and the PS2 seem to have quite a lot of titles in that genre. It also seemed to have a lot of interesting RPGs, though I wasn't into that genre so much when I was a kid. Looking back on that generation, I feel like I missed out on a lot of great PS2 games (at least I have fond memories of a sizeable amount of Gamecube titles though, lol).

I played Shattered Memories on the Wii I believe, never got to play Origins though. I'd like to see these titles released on the PS4 as well.

Yeah, I still got a lot of random crashes/black screens even after the patch, especially in SH3.

Nah, never visited PlayStation LifeStyle before.

Yeah the PS2 surely had plenty of incredible masterpieces and hidden gems, even when you think you only like a few titles of it if you start searching for top lists and fan-favorite videos you will find many more games that matches your tastes! if you like horror games then you should definitely look at Obscure, Haunting Ground, Siren (this one has already been leaked for the PS4), and there are many others.

For me it has to be

• Simpsons Hit and Run
  • All the WWE games
  • Tony Hawk games
  • Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus
  • The Warriors
  • Need for Speed Undergrounds
  • Battlefronts!

Just to name a few!

you might be lucky with the warriors, since it appears that sony made a deal with rockstar to re-release many of their PS2 published games so there's a chance for the warriors, both gta stories, manhunt 2, red dead revolver, etc to come out on ps4 with trophies.

I'd like to see

Fahrenheit,

FF12 (I know it's rumored from the HD books Square brought out.. also I hated it when it first came out but I was about 15 or so, so i wanna give it another chance x),

Star wars Battlefront 1 and 2 (it will keep the fans happy and make disney more money if they have rights to it.. so everyone wins),

Dirge of Cerberus (cause the remake of 7 is coming and i doubt this will be involved in it),

A6 train (dont ask.. it was addicting k?),

Simpson's Hit and Run (cause why not?)

Mine would be 

Tony hawk American wasteland, TH: Underground 1 and 2

Scarface

Punisher

Jak and daxter 1-3 and JAK X

James bond, everything or nothing

james bond nightfire

james bond from russia with love

james bond agent under fire

sphinx and the cursed mummy

indiana jones and the emperors tomb 

batman begins

spongebob battle for bikini bottom

spiderman 1 and 2

I really want okami again on the ps4, jak and daxter, silent hill Hd collection again. Many more lol

Nice list, let's just hope they bring the original PS2 versions of Silent Hill instead of the glitchy mess that was the HD Collection xD they also made many changes that me as a huge fan of the franchise disliked, so having the possibility to play the original PS2 versions with trophies at 1080p would be a much better enjoyable experience than playing the HD Collection.

PS.: your profile is very pretty and well done!  D:

• Like 1

Nice list, let's just hope they bring the original PS2 versions of Silent Hill instead of the glitchy mess that was the HD Collection xD they also made many changes that me as a huge fan of the franchise disliked, so having the possibility to play the original PS2 versions with trophies at 1080p would be a much better enjoyable experience than playing the HD Collection.

PS.: your profile is very pretty and well done!  D:

haha aww thanks! I try doing it representing my personality and stuff :3 haha... Also your list is really neat too! :D love it! And I saw you play bully !!! I was like omg yay haha xD also I want the time splitter games on ps4 too! :3 <3 yeah I love the silent hill games so much!!! HD versions were awesome but I prefer the old voices more since I grew playing them hehe ;)
  • Like 1

haha aww thanks! I try doing it representing my personality and stuff :3 haha... Also your list is really neat too! :D love it! And I saw you play bully !!! I was like omg yay haha xD also I want the time splitter games on ps4 too! :3 <3 yeah I love the silent hill games so much!!! HD versions were awesome but I prefer the old voices more since I grew playing them hehe ;)

You're welcome! you really put effort into it, I liked it :) by looking at it I wouldn't think that you liked horror games like SH haha  :D yeah the old voices were better, at least SH2 had an option to play it with the original voices but it forced you to play with the new ones on SH3, and I mean they are not that bad but yeah I grew up playing them with the original ones so that's why I prefer them  :wub:

• Like 1

Ohh trust me I love horror and dark stuffs too. Lol I think I already put that already in my bio whatever haha :P I love horror films etc mostly anything! Yes as a girly person like me i would like the obvious... Things have you know already lmao :D also.. Yes I agree everything you said... It's not bad but I still think heather sounds little too old for her character and appearances I prefer original because she sounds like a teen girl kinda. :3 but yeah thanks though really! :)) I want to see more bully games though! :3

You're welcome! you really put effort into it, I liked it :) by looking at it I wouldn't think that you liked horror games like SH haha  :D yeah the old voices were better, at least SH2 had an option to play it with the original voices but it forced you to play with the new ones on SH3, and I mean they are not that bad but yeah I grew up playing them with the original ones so that's why I prefer them  :wub:

replied to this sorry I forgot to quote it! Lol I sometime use my tablet when I'm not ony my PC or laptop lol.: 3
  • Like 1

Ohh trust me I love horror and dark stuffs too. Lol I think I already put that already in my bio whatever haha :P I love horror films etc mostly anything! Yes as a girly person like me i would like the obvious... Things have you know already lmao :D also.. Yes I agree everything you said... It's not bad but I still think heather sounds little too old for her character and appearances I prefer original because she sounds like a teen girl kinda. :3 but yeah thanks though really! :)) I want to see more bully games though! :3

replied to this sorry I forgot to quote it! Lol I sometime use my tablet when I'm not ony my PC or laptop lol.: 3

Oh yes I read that! I hope I didn't sounded like a jerk or something, of course "you can't judge a book by its cover"  ;)

Yeah she sounded a bit too mature, I wish Sony would be able to someday make a deal with Konami and release all of the PS2's Silent Hill games on PS4 with trophy support, that would be a dream come true to me!  <3  :wub:

Bully is an awesome game too! Rockstar surely knows how to make their games :) waiting for its sequel, and as of now I hope Sony re-releases both GTA Stories in the future.

PS.: It would be better to continue with this conversation in private, so that way we won't derail this thread :)

• Like 1

My wishlist is as follows:

• Both GTA Stories
  • Ratchet & Clank series
  • Jak and Dexter series
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2
  • Persona 4

These are the games I want the most.

For the rest I will let surprise me as I bought allready many of the PS2 games.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 2

A few games, but my favorites nonetheless:

- Dragon Quest VIII

- Final Fantasy XII

- Silent Hill 2

- King of Fighters Maximum Impact

- Castlevania Lament of Innocence

** i don't own a ps4, so not sure if some of these games are already on psn **

Edited by lpgcavazos

My wishlist is as follows:

• Both GTA Stories
  • Ratchet & Clank series
  • Jak and Dexter series
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2
  • Persona 4

These are the games I want the most.

For the rest I will let surprise me as I bought allready many of the PS2 games.

You might have luck with the GTA Stories, since it seems that Sony made a deal with Rockstar to release many of their PS2 published games now on PS4 with trophies, and so far the GTA trilogy, Bully, Manhunt and Max Payne has been re-released (well Max Payne was actually leaked many times so is certain that is coming out soon), so there's a big chance for the GTA Stories, Red Dead Revolver, The Warriors, etc to come out as well.

A few games, but my favorites nonetheless:

- Dragon Quest VIII

- Final Fantasy XII

- Silent Hill 2

- King of Fighters Maximum Impact

- Castlevania Lament of Innocence

** i don't own a ps4, so not sure if some of these games are already on psn **

I don't think any of those has been re-released yet, Silent Hill 2 is "remastered" on the PS3 but I think you already know that, and I said remastered with " " because that was a very bad remaster collection, so here I am hoping for a re-release of the original PS2 versions of all the Silent Hill games with trophy support too.

You might have luck with the GTA Stories, since it seems that Sony made a deal with Rockstar to release many of their PS2 published games now on PS4 with trophies, and so far the GTA trilogy, Bully, Manhunt and Max Payne has been re-released (well Max Payne was actually leaked many times so is certain that is coming out soon), so there's a big chance for the GTA Stories, Red Dead Revolver, The Warriors, etc to come out as well.

I know and I allready bought the GTA trilogy and Bully.

Manhunt isn't available in Germany so I can't buy that one.

For Max Pain: A few days ago ther was an image for the PS2 games on PS4 in the store with Max Pain on it. But it's gone now.

I know and I allready bought the GTA trilogy and Bully.

Manhunt isn't available in Germany so I can't buy that one.

For Max Pain: A few days ago ther was an image for the PS2 games on PS4 in the store with Max Pain on it. But it's gone now.

Yeah I saw it, it was also leaked a few months ago on the ESRB site and its trophy list also got leaked here, but I don't know why it hasn't been released yet.

Really hoping to see both GTA Stories with trophies soon! never really had the chance to play them.

Oh yes I read that! I hope I didn't sounded like a jerk or something, of course "you can't judge a book by its cover"  ;)

Yeah she sounded a bit too mature, I wish Sony would be able to someday make a deal with Konami and release all of the PS2's Silent Hill games on PS4 with trophy support, that would be a dream come true to me!  <3  :wub:

Bully is an awesome game too! Rockstar surely knows how to make their games :) waiting for its sequel, and as of now I hope Sony re-releases both GTA Stories in the future.

PS.: It would be better to continue with this conversation in private, so that way we won't derail this thread :)

nice what you are saying and yes I agree haha and I also hope to see more school

Type games from rockstar hehe! Yup sure I don't mind lol :D

• Like 1