Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

Oh shit, really? Been watching The Sw1tcher guys play through these games. They're now playing Disaster Report, and have played Day of Crisis years ago. Hope I do get to find a way to play this new game that is being developed then in the near future.I wonder if it'll be a "truly current-gen" game, or just your typical Disaster game. Either way, it should be good.

Yes, it was originally going to be a PS3 exclusive and it was going to be released on March 10, 2011, one day before the 2011 earthquake and tsunami occurred on Japan. What a coincidence huh? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zettai_Zetsumei_Toshi_4:_Summer_Memories

The game was delayed and cancelled some days later. Now a new developer (formed by some of the staff from the original company) took over the project and they announced it last year along with a trailer:

Apparently the trailer is very similar to the original PS3 trailer but now it has a female protagonist instead of a male one. It strongly reminds of The Last of Us too.

Personally I think it has good graphics, not in the same "shocking" level as UC4 or The Order 1886's impressive graphics but they don't look bad at all in my opinion.

• Like 1

PS2 Silent Hill 2 and 3

I wish :')

I would love to see them too! :wub: but since Sony hasn't made emulations of any of the PS2 games that got the "HD remaster" treatment on PS3 then we'll probably won't see Silent Hill 2 and 3 on the PS4, at least for now.

Although if Sony manages to make a deal with Konami and re-release some SH games then I think Silent Hill 4: The Room will have the most chances to get a PS2 emulation:

1- Like I said Sony hasn't made emulations of any PS2 that got a PS3 remaster, so we'll probably won't see 2 and 3 on PS4 for now.

2- How The Room looks similar to the famous P.T./Silent Hills teaser with its first-person camera on the apartment, so there will be people interested to experience the "first version of PT".

3- The Room was the only SH game that was released as a PS2 Classic on PS3 last gen, although only in Japan but nearly all of this emulations on PS4 were released on both NA and EU even if the game wasn't originally available on one of the regions.

Edited by Finozzi1696

• Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy

Fahrenheit......

Wooooooooooooooooo! Yes! Didn't even think about those.

- Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit

I'd like to see

Fahrenheit,

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy

I would like to see the vast majority of this list on the ps4 also.

Fahrenheit

Indigo Prophecy

indigo prophecy

sorry to bother all of you again, but fahrenheit/indigo prophecy is now available on the north american PS Store. it'll be released tomorrow on the european PS Store.

• Like 3

I don't know why this isn't happening but Ico and Shadow of the Colossus should come before The Last Guardian's release! It would be nice to have the whole trilogy on one platform! Its kind of a no-brainer and I'm sure they would sell well!

Like Dell said Sony hasn't emulated any PS2 game that already got the "HD remaster" treatment on the PS3 (yet). Probably because if they instead decide to make emulations of games that already got a much better and proper remaster last gen and they just release the normal PS2 version on PS4 then people will complain to them about that.

But as opposed to Dell I'm a little more positive about it and I do get the feeling we'll see them being ported or, well, emulated at some point on the PS4, mainly because the PS4 is currently the best selling console this gen and its doing even better than the PS3 on sales (the PS2 games are selling better on PS4 than on PS3 too) so there's just so many potential sales for Sony to not bring, in your case, the popular Shadow of the Colossus and ICO to the PS4.

I don't see a reason as to why they couldn't port the PS3 remasters, but since I don't work for them I can't say if the process is easy or not. Either way hoping to see them too!

Edited by Finozzi1696

Like Dell said Sony hasn't emulated any PS2 game that already got the "HD remaster" treatment on the PS3 (yet). Probably because if they instead decide to make emulations of games that already got a much better and proper remaster last gen and they just release the normal PS2 version on PS4 then people will complain to them about that.

But as opposed to Dell I'm a little more positive about it and I do get the feeling we'll see them being ported or, well, emulated at some point on the PS4, mainly because the PS4 is currently the best selling console this gen and its doing even better than the PS3 on sales (the PS2 games are selling better on PS4 than on PS3 too) so there's just so many potential sales for Sony to not bring, in your case, the popular Shadow of the Colossus and ICO to the PS4.

I don't see a reason as to why they couldn't port the PS3 remasters, but since I don't work for them I can't say if the process is easy or not. Either way hoping to see them too!

Hey what can I say? I'm a realist :P

i wouldn't mind Indigo Prophecy as well

Indigo prophecy/farenheight

Indigo Prophecy

Indigo Prophecy (Would fit nicely with the Heavy Rain/Beyond: Two Souls Collection)

as before, sorry to bother all of you again but fahrenheit/indigo prophecy is now available on the north american PS Store. it'll be released tomorrow on the european PS Store.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

I would love to see them too! :wub: but since Sony hasn't made emulations of any of the PS2 games that got the "HD remaster" treatment on PS3 then we'll probably won't see Silent Hill 2 and 3 on the PS4, at least for now.

Although if Sony manages to make a deal with Konami and re-release some SH games then I think Silent Hill 4: The Room will have the most chances to get a PS2 emulation:

1- Like I said Sony hasn't made emulations of any PS2 that got a PS3 remaster, so we'll probably won't see 2 and 3 on PS4 for now.

2- How The Room looks similar to the famous P.T./Silent Hills teaser with its first-person camera on the apartment, so there will be people interested to experience the "first version of PT".

3- The Room was the only SH game that was released as a PS2 Classic on PS3 last gen, although only in Japan but nearly all of this emulations on PS4 were released on both NA and EU even if the game wasn't originally available on one of the regions.

Yeah true

But I would just love to see a proper re-release

The HD Collection for these games was full of issues

I just really wish I would play these games again properly

Im hoping they re-release Silent Hill 4, I never got a chance to play it personally

• Like 1

My wishlist:

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex

Crash Twinsanity

Crash of the Titans

Crash: Mind Over Mutant

Sly Cooper 1-3 (and 4 lol)

Need for Speed Underground 1+2

The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, The Eternal Night and Dawn of the Dragon.

Spyro: A Hero's Tail

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly

Tekken 5

Rayman 2 Revolution

Yeah true

But I would just love to see a proper re-release

The HD Collection for these games was full of issues

I just really wish I would play these games again properly

Im hoping they re-release Silent Hill 4, I never got a chance to play it personally

Yeah I know, the HD Collection was awful! But what I was trying to tell you is that as of now Sony hasn't released any emulation from PS2 games that already got a PS3 remaster (awful or not): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

Some examples being Shadow of the Colossus and ICO, the Ratchet & Clank games, the Sly trilogy, etc... which all of them were remastered last gen but they aren't available on the PS4 yet. This is probably 'cause if they make emulations instead of porting the "superior" PS3 remasters to the PS4 some people would complain to Sony for gave them the normal PS2 versions instead.

Although since the Silent Hill remasters were very bad most of us would be glad to just get the normal PS2 versions emulated :) so hopefully Sony will make a deal with Konami and bring them at some point, together with all the other ones: The Room, Origins and Shattered Memories.

--------

Crash bandicoot collection

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex

Crash Twinsanity

For those of you interested in at least the PS1 trilogy of Crash Bandicoot: 

Crash Bandicoot: PS4 Remasters Announced :)

Hopefully we'll see the PS2 games of that franchise too!

• Like 1

I feel like I've posted on this thread too many times but I just read

Rayman 2 Revolution

and I have to say that Rayman 2 on PS4 would be sublime!

I would also like Beyond Good & Evil.

And for those few people who will reply "they probably won't do it because it was ported to PS3", Yes, I'm aware, I'm just wishing for it. :D

Edited by olimoo101

I would also like Beyond Good & Evil.

And for those few people who will reply "they probably won't do it because it was ported to PS3", Yes, I'm aware, I'm just wishing for it. :D

Oh no I didn't tried to say it like they won't come to the PS4, in fact I really hope they do and I believe they will at some point! :) I really want to play Shadow of the Colossus, Beyond Good and Evil, etc and many of the other remastered ones, so hopefully Sony will bring them at some point.