Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

I'm generally against straight re-releases, because if there's a working emulator, I don't think we should have to pay for the same games again. However, since they're adding trophy support, there's a lot of games I'd totally buy.

what do you mean by a working emulator? if you meant those pc emulators well not everyone has a decent or powerful pc to make them run properly, at least i know i don't so i can't play them without them being played at 10 fps or not working at all, or since unofficial emulators aren't perfect you can encounter bugs and glitches too, so this re-releases are very helpful an much better in my opinion, especially for the trophy support thing.

Yes please. But it would maybe be better if they ported the Steam version instead.

in case they re-release it as part of the ps2 emulation expect it to be the original ps2 version. notice how sony has released the original ps2 version of bully/canis canem edit instead of the improved scholarship edition that's available on xbox 360 and other platforms, and how they released the original ps2 version of fahrenheit/indigo prophecy instead of the pc/mobile remaster.

Edited by smellslikejavier

1. Syphon Filter : The Omega Strain

The Lord of the Rings : The Third Age

NFSU 2

NFS : MW

Medal of Honor :Rising Sun

GUN

True Crime : Streets of LA

the Getaway

007 : Agent Under Fire

Onimusha : Warlords

Flatout 2

Freedom Fighters

Black

Conflict: Desert Storm

Tales of the Abyss

DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 1/2/3

I've said it before, but get with the program, Konami. There is no reason that Suikoden titles shouldn't be available. Sure, the fanbase is small, but it is devoted...EXACTLY the group you want for this sort of thing.

It's like they're allergic to making money. Small profits add up, and this is a no-brainer.

• Like 1

I've said it before, but get with the program, Konami. There is no reason that Suikoden titles shouldn't be available. Sure, the fanbase is small, but it is devoted...EXACTLY the group you want for this sort of thing.

It's like they're allergic to making money. Small profits add up, and this is a no-brainer.

Ohh I agree, I really want to see Konami jumping into the PS2 emulation wagon too already :( in my case I'm a very big fan of their Silent Hill franchise, so I would love to have Silent Hill 2, 3, 4: The Room, Origins and Shattered Memories with trophy and Platinum support on the PS4. 2 and 3 got the HD treatment last gen but we all know it was very poorly made, so I'll prefer to have the superior original PS2 versions this time.

I mean with all the PT/Silent Hills hype from a while ago I believe there are many people that even grew interest for the franchise, so in my opinion they would be highly successful if a PS2 emulation is made for them. Especially Silent Hill 4, considering the whole "first person camera + wandering around the apartment while scary stuff happens" later seen again on P.T., so I believe there will be many people interested to experience the "first version of PT" or the one that inspired it.

Anyways hoping to see the Suikoden games too! I'm more interested on SH myself but I just really want to keep seeing more and more PS2 games receiving the trophy support + 1080p treatment. :) So every PS2 game is welcome!

And like you said it's like they are allergic to money, giving that this PS2 emulations takes little money investment to be made and so the profits are always high, so just by selling a couple of copies they already start making profit out of them. It would be Konami's only way to earn easy money nowadays, and to redeem themselves a little bit after all the mistakes they've made lately.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Destroy All Humans 1&2

Nordic Games owns Destroy All Humans now, so maybe... They love taking those franchises they bought for cheap and "remastering" them to get some free money.

Destroy all Humans

Destroy all Humans

Destroy All Humans

Destroy All Humans 1 and 2

Destroy All Hiumans! 1 & 2

-Destroy All Humans: Didn't got the chance to play this game in PS2 era because I can't seem to find it being sell anywhere in my country, would love play it now.

for all of you who were requesting a Destroy All Humans release on PS4: [New PS2 leak?] Destroy All Humans rated for PS4

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

True Crime.

I was actually reading a Wikipedia article about that franchise today and apparently Activision dropped the True Crime trademark completely on 2014? this is likely because the second game (True Crime: New York City) performed poorly on sales and so the third game was released as Sleeping Dogs by Square Enix.

So I don't know if this can somewhat affect the chances of seeing both True Crimes being re-released on the PS4, if Activision dropped the trademark.

I was actually reading a Wikipedia article about that franchise today and apparently Activision dropped the True Crime trademark completely on 2014? this is likely because the second game (True Crime: New York City) performed poorly on sales and so the third game was released as Sleeping Dogs by Square Enix.

So I don't know if this can somewhat affect the chances of seeing both True Crimes being re-released on the PS4, if Activision dropped the trademark.

Yes I'm aware of the situation. Still, it's something I want to see get a PS4 portmaster. [Not quite a full remaster, and obviously a partial port.]

I know this is nothing to do with ps2 games but has there been any news about ps1 games been remastered for the ps4? Since there's at least a good dozen from my childhood that I would definitely play again !

Sony hasn't said anything about a PS1 emulation on PS4 as of yet. :( Is too bad, since I would love to play them with trophy/platinum support! (Silent Hill 1, RE trilogy, both Dino Crisis, both Harry Potter, maybe that X-Files game too, etc...)

It probably might have something to do with adding trophies to them, maybe they haven't found a way to do so or are looking into it.

I just hope they announce it at some point, alongside a PSP emulation too perhaps, with trophy support too ;) one can dream...

• Like 1

I just need Sony to put PSP games on the PS4. The fact that I can't even use the second thumbstick on PS Vita TV is utterly disgusting.

I remember a lot of PSP games got ported over to the PS2 and benefited from the 2nd analog stick. The Syphon Filter games come to mind... maybe they could port those kinds of games instead of their PSP originals?