Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

I know this is nothing to do with ps2 games but has there been any news about ps1 games been remastered for the ps4? Since there's at least a good dozen from my childhood that I would definitely play again !

Considering they filed a patent a few years ago to add trophy support to PSone, PSP and PS2 games, it could happen eventually as long as the games keep performing well in sales.

I just need Sony to put PSP games on the PS4. The fact that I can't even use the second thumbstick on PS Vita TV is utterly disgusting.

I remember a lot of PSP games got ported over to the PS2 and benefited from the 2nd analog stick. The Syphon Filter games come to mind... maybe they could port those kinds of games instead of their PSP originals?

What Lance says it's true, actually! many PSP games got ported to PS2 eventually with added 2nd analog stick compabitility, from the top of my head I can only think of Silent Hill: Origins, GTA: Liberty City Stories, GTA: Vice City Stories, etc... but I know there were some others too.

Still there are many PSP games who stayed exclusive to PSP, so an emulation would still be welcome :) for both PS4 and Vita owners.

Considering they filed a patent a few years ago to add trophy support to PSone, PSP and PS2 games, it could happen eventually as long as the games keep performing well in sales.

What!? I thought the patent was only for PS2 games! that's great news! :D hope to see PS1 and PSP emulations with trophy support soon then. Hopefully they don't take too long to announce them, I wouldn't want to wait until the PS5 was released to play them with trophies.  xD

Edited by Finozzi1696

When is Max Payne 2 coming anyway? Would love to 100% the whole trilogy.

Mmh I don't know, although there are chances to see it coming to PS4 giving the deal Rockstar has with Sony to release many of their PS2 games on PS4 :)

Neither Max Payne 2 or Manhunt 2 were released last gen as PS2 Classics on PS3 (although Manhunt 2 got a digital re-release for PSP on 2009), probably giving that both Max Payne 1 and Manhunt 1 aren't the best selling games of their PS2 catalogue, so they probably just didn't wanted to re-release their sequels in fear they won't perform that well on sales. Max Payne 2 was actually a failure on sales on its original PS2 release too, despite getting good reviews. And Manhunt 2 got a lot of controversy due to its extremely violent content.

Looking at the ratings of their first entries on the Store they did got some good sales (and you can only rate a game after you purchase it), giving that this emulations takes little money investment to be made so just by selling a couple of copies they already start making profits out of them, although if we compare them to all their other PS2 emulations on PS4 those two are their lowest performing games.

Still (and I apologize for my long reply) let's hope they release Max Payne 2 at some point, would love to replay it again! :D only sad part is that since its first game didn't got a plat, this one will probably don't get one either :( 

- Red Dead Revolver

Red Dead Revolver

Edit: Two games I forgot mentioning are Red Dead Revolver and XIII.

- Red Dead Revolver

Also Red Dead Revolver would be nice.

Red dead revolver

Oh, and Red Dead Revolver as well.

Red Dead Revolver

for all of you who were asking for a Red Dead Revolver release on PS4: Red Dead Revolver (PS2/2004) gets a PS4 release

-

HOT SHOT/EVERYBODY'S TENNIS FOR SURE, I enjoy them immensely, legit my fav tennis video games, much more then their golf entries lol SONY PLEASE :devil:

good news, Hot Shots Tennis or Everybody's Tennis is coming to PS4 tomorrow: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39948-next-hot-shots-tennis-ps2-on-ps4-games-list-and-discussion/

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 2

for all of you who were asking for a Red Dead Revolver release on PS4: Red Dead Revolver (PS2/2004) gets a PS4 release

-

good news, Hot Shots Tennis or Everybody's Tennis is coming to PS4 tomorrow: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39948-next-hot-shots-tennis-ps2-on-ps4-games-list-and-discussion/

Yessss! 9 months later they finally listened my request thanks! <3

• Like 1

No Jak X: Combat Racing? What the hell..? But The Lost Frontier is up there though... seems legit.

:D If you're referring to my wishlist I didn't included it because I don't really like kart or driving games personally, but I do hope all of them comes to PS4 including Jak X! since I know there are many people who would like to play them all :)

Edited by Finozzi1696

:D If you're referring to my wishlist I didn't included it because I don't really like kart or driving games personally,

but I do hope all of them comes to PS4 included Jak X! since I know there are many people who would like to play them all :)

That bias! How dare you. I mean... you have Deadlocked, The Lost Frontier, and other not too well spinoffs or slightly changed concept installments, so might as well add that masterpiece of a vehicular combat (not kart racer) game we know as Jak X.

You hope it comes to PS4? Then add it to the list so it's widely more visible to the world and SONY ("I recommend everyone to send this thread to Shuhei Yoshida's Twitter and Dave Thach's Twitter using the hashtag #ps2ps4 so they can see our wishes!  :D"), otherwise leave it out, so its non-existence on the list supports itself on being the non-memorable game that (some) people and apparently somewhat Naughty Dog want it to be. 

Edited by Mar

That bias! How dare you. I mean... you have Deadlocked, The Lost Frontier, and other not too well spinoffs or slightly changed concept installments, so might as well add that masterpiece of a vehicular combat (not kart racer) game we know as Jak X.

You hope it comes to PS4? Then add it to the list so it's widely more visible to the world and SONY ("I recommend everyone to send this thread to Shuhei Yoshida's Twitter and Dave Thach's Twitter using the hashtag #ps2ps4 so they can see our wishes!  :D"), otherwise leave it out, so its non-existence on the list supports itself on being the non-memorable game that (some) people and apparently somewhat Naughty Dog want it to be. 

I mean, the purpose of a wishlist is to only include games that you're actually interested to play yourself, those games on my wishlist are the ones that I have interest for and that I would personally buy if they come to the PS4 someday, that's why I asked for everyone else to make their own wishlists. :) My tastes don't have to necessary match yours or everyone's else tastes. 

I actually never played any Ratchet, Jak or Sly game, so I don't even know if I would like them but I really want to finally try them for myself so that's why I put them there, but personally I was never a fan of kart or racing games so even if I know franchises like Need for Speed, Burnout, etc have many fans and are widely praised I don't have too much interest for them myself honestly. If I added it then I would be lying :(

I'm sure in case Sony would see this thread they will check everyone's wishlists, and not only take mine as a reference of what everyone wants xD I really hope Jak X comes to the PS4 for everyone who would like to play it, in the same way I really hope that every other PS2 game comes to the PS4 so everyone would have their wishes fulfilled, but since that's my personal wishlist I'll only include games that I have interest for, after all is a wishlist only based on my tastes, not on everyone's else tastes.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

I mean, the purpose of a wishlist is to only include games that you're actually interested to play yourself, those games on my wishlist are the ones that I have interest for and that I would personally buy if they come to the PS4 someday, that's why I asked for everyone else to make their own wishlists. :) My tastes don't have to necessary match yours or everyone's else tastes. 

I actually never played any Ratchet, Jak or Sly game, so I don't even know if I would like them but I really want to finally try them for myself so that's why I put them there, but personally I was never a fan of kart or racing games so even if I know franchises like Need for Speed, Burnout, etc have many fans and are widely praised I don't have too much interest for them myself honestly. If I added it then I would be lying :(

I'm sure in case Sony would see this thread they will check everyone's wishlists, and not only take mine as a reference of what everyone wants xD I really hope Jak X comes to the PS4 for everyone who would like to play it, in the same way I really hope that every other PS2 game comes to the PS4 so everyone would have their wishes fulfilled, but since that's my personal wishlist I'll only include games that I have interest for, after all is a wishlist only based on my tastes, not on everyone's else tastes.

Oh... I seem to have grasped the idea that your list was also taking into consideration other games people recommended.

• Like 1

Oh... I seem to have grasped the idea that your list was also taking into consideration other games people recommended.

Well you notice his list does not include my small wishlist, everyone has their own tastes of what they want.

I mean I have Predator: Concrete Jungle on my wishlist, but I don't think others want that one :P

Actually got a lot of the top ones on my wishlist; Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, Primal, Ape Escape 2, Psychonauts, Wild Arms 3, Rogue Galaxy, Okage: Shadow King, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords [yep someone actually did want that :P]...

I still would love to see

• Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
  • Ape Escape 3
  • Wild Arms 4
  • Wilds Arms 5
  • Wild Arms: Alter Code F
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Jak X: Combat Racing
  • Daxter
  • Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
  • Secret Agent Clank
  • Motorstorm: Arctic Edge
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
  • Jade Cocoon 2
  • Shining Tears
  • Bloodrayne
  • Bloodrayne 2
  • Crimson Sea 2 [man I wish the first wasn't just on xbox, would love to play that one again too]
  • ar Tonelico
  • ar Tonelico 2
  • Xenosaga: Episode 1 - 3
  • Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
  • Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
  • Star Wars Battlefront,
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2
  • LEGO Star Wars
  • Ghost Recon [all of 'em]
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
  • Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
  • EOE: Eve of Extinction
  • Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance
  • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2)
  • Soulcalibur (2, 3)
  • Tekken (4, 5, Tag Tournament)
  • Grandia (2, 3)

I'm sure there's more... doubt I'll get some of those due to licensing, but I really want Crimson Sea 2. It's a PS2 Classic already, so surely there wouldn't be an issue. Really want to play that with trophies.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

My wishlist;

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly

Crash: Wrath of Cortex

Crash Twinsanity

Crash of the Titans
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
Tak and the Power of Juju
The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
Ape Escape 3
007: Nightfire
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Drakengard 1 & 2
Shadow the Hedgehog
Persona 3 & 4
Turok: Evolution
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Ratchet: Deadlocked, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters