Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

Since we're nearing Halloween, I am reminded of Silent Hill as it's one of the greatest survival horror series of all time. I think it's such a shame how badly Konami have treated it in recent times, especially with that awful HD Collection that butchered SH2 and SH3. The best way to play these games are still on PS2, so it would be perfect for PS2 emulation on PS4. I know Konami are terrible at making decisions, and they have no qualms about totally disrespecting their most beloved IP, so maybe this is unlikely to happen, but I can't help but hope. Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill 4: The Room coming to PS4 via emulation would make me a very happy camper. And since it's just the original PS2 games, Konami wouldn't be able to mess it up (I'm sure they would find a way to though).

Destroy All Humans 1&2

Nordic Games owns Destroy All Humans now, so maybe... They love taking those franchises they bought for cheap and "remastering" them to get some free money.

Destroy all Humans

Destroy all Humans 

Destroy All Humans

Destroy All Humans 1 and 2

Looks like I'm the only one here hoping for these awesome mofoking game :

-Destroy All Humans: Didn't got the chance to play this game in PS2 era because I can't seem to find it being sell anywhere in my country, would love play it now.

-Destroy All Humans 2: Love this game to death, all those hundreds hours I'd spend playing this game causing mayhem in Bay City and Moon base and playing split screen with my friends, would love to waste it once again.

All other games that I want has been mentioned by others, so there's no need for me to mentioned it once again.

Make it happen Sony!

Destroy All Humans 1 and 2

Destroy All Hiumans! 1 & 2

good news: destroy all humans 2 got recently rated on PEGI: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39948-next-ps2-on-ps4-game-destroy-all-humans-2-ps2-on-ps4-games-list-and-news-thread/

with destroy all humans 1 being rated last month on PEGI and recently getting re-rated on the ESRB site, and now its sequel destroy all humans 2 getting rated too you should to see both games coming to PS4 soon.

Hey everyone! First time poster. I'll post my wishlist later when I have more time, but I just remembered to come check this thread out when I saw the news about Destroy All Humans 2 haha. I never played that or the first one, but they always caught my eye when I was a kid back in the day.  :D

I also wanted to ask. For anyone who played Vice City on patch 1.01, did you notice some major slow down and did it get fixed? I stopped playing it almost a year ago since I wasn't enjoying it as much. I asked RockStar but they weren't much help. Back then I had re-downloaded the game, re-downloaded the latest firmware, and restored licenses multiple times, but nothing worked. I played around with the settings and when I put the game into letterbox instead of widescreen, it did play better. However! I went back to it recently just to fool around and it did seem to play "better" with everything back to widescreen, but my mind might be tricking me into thinking that it didn't play better than when I first played lol.

• Like 1

Since we're nearing Halloween, I am reminded of Silent Hill as it's one of the greatest survival horror series of all time. I think it's such a shame how badly Konami have treated it in recent times, especially with that awful HD Collection that butchered SH2 and SH3. The best way to play these games are still on PS2, so it would be perfect for PS2 emulation on PS4. I know Konami are terrible at making decisions, and they have no qualms about totally disrespecting their most beloved IP, so maybe this is unlikely to happen, but I can't help but hope. Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill 4: The Room coming to PS4 via emulation would make me a very happy camper. And since it's just the original PS2 games, Konami wouldn't be able to mess it up (I'm sure they would find a way to though).

I 100% agree! (although I would also like to add Origins and Shattered Memories, they are obviously not as good as Team Silent's original games which were masterpieces! but I still greatly enjoyed SM and I never got to play Origins :P).

Konami is surely making bad decisions lately, and well apparently they always did (like apparently they were the reason behind Team Silent's disbandment) but just recently they made some seriously terrible and noticeable ones!

So joining the PS2 emulation on PS4 would pretty much be their only way to get some easy money nowadays, or money at all! so hopefully we get them at some point. I mean Sony added the awful HD Collection recently on PS Now (seeing as how they haven't emulated any remaster that got released on PS Now I hope this doesn't mean we're not going to get SH 2 and 3 on PS4 now, even if like you said the PS2 versions are MUCH better than the "remaster") so that should mean that they still care about money, right? please Konami, AT LEAST I would be happy to have 4, Origins and/or Shattered Memories with trophy/platinum support on PS4, so make it happen please! :)

I 100% agree! (although I would also like to add Origins and Shattered Memories, they are obviously not as good as Team Silent's original games which were masterpieces! but I still greatly enjoyed SM and I never got to play Origins :P).

Konami is surely making bad decisions lately, and well apparently they always did (like apparently they were the reason behind Team Silent's disbandment) but just recently they made some seriously terrible and noticeable ones!

So joining the PS2 emulation on PS4 would pretty much be their only way to get some easy money nowadays, or money at all! so hopefully we get them at some point. I mean Sony added the awful HD Collection recently on PS Now (seeing as how they haven't emulated any remaster that got released on PS Now I hope this doesn't mean we're not going to get SH 2 and 3 on PS4 now, even if like you said the PS2 versions are MUCH better than the "remaster") so that should mean that they still care about money, right? please Konami, AT LEAST I would be happy to have 4, Origins and/or Shattered Memories with trophy/platinum support on PS4, so make it happen please! :)

Honestly, I've never played any of the Silent Hill games after The Room, and I didn't really care to. Konami disbanded Team Silent because they wanted western developers to take the series in a different direction, which was undoubtedly a stupid thing to do (Yup, Konami have been making dumb decisions for quite a while). Even if those games weren't bad, to me, they aren't Silent Hill games, and they could never live up to the masterpieces that were the original four. But sure, it couldn't hurt to put those on PS2 emulation as well I guess. :P At least they weren't as bad as some of the later games in the series.

Konami have disrespected the Silent Hill series so much over the years, with the terrible games, the awful HD Collection, cancelling Silent Hills, and the... ugh... Pachinko machine. <_< Putting the Silent Hill games people care about on PS4 via emulation would at least go some ways to pleasing the fans who have been repeatedly let down by Konami. There's still a lot of us out there, and I'm sure many of us would purchase them in an instant. We know how much Konami likes money, so it's a win-win situation. Show the kids today what a real horror game looks like. :P

Honestly, I've never played any of the Silent Hill games after The Room, and I didn't really care to. Konami disbanded Team Silent because they wanted western developers to take the series in a different direction, which was undoubtedly a stupid thing to do (Yup, Konami have been making dumb decisions for quite a while). Even if those games weren't bad, to me, they aren't Silent Hill games, and they could never live up to the masterpieces that were the original four. But sure, it couldn't hurt to put those on PS2 emulation as well I guess. :P At least they weren't as bad as some of the later games in the series.

Konami have disrespected the Silent Hill series so much over the years, with the terrible games, the awful HD Collection, cancelling Silent Hills, and the... ugh... Pachinko machine. <_< Putting the Silent Hill games people care about on PS4 via emulation would at least go some ways to pleasing the fans who have been repeatedly let down by Konami. There's still a lot of us out there, and I'm sure many of us would purchase them in an instant. We know how much Konami likes money, so it's a win-win situation. Show the kids today what a real horror game looks like. :P

What I really liked about the non-Team Silent games was that they still respected the overall idea of the series: the monsters, environments, sounds, notes, objects, etc all had a purpose of being a symbolism/metaphor of the protagonist, secondary characters and/or antagonist's psyche and past. The amazing OST were still being handled by the master of masters: Akira Yamaoka for the most part, except for Downpour which Akira himself refused 'cause he wanted to try something new, although I think he made a return for the second movie. And overall the newer games still gave priority to melee combat rather than choosing to go for the, at the time, popular full-nonsensical action, and things like puzzles still played a huge main role through the entire games, not to mention they all still included the classic "secret joke ending", a stamp of the franchise, which sadly was only absent on 4.

If anything I only have somewhat of a problem with Homecoming and Book of Shadows, the first got some influence from the first movie (thus some symbolisms like the nurses showing boobs doesn't make much sense, 'cause they originally were part of James Sunderland's psyche from the second game) and the action over-the-shoulder camera style from RE4 so that game had a little more action than the previous ones, still like I said it didn't went "full action" like the recent RE games. And Book of Shadows is, well, a Vita spin-off that should've never happened :P literally nothing from that game makes sense story-wise, so things like the symbolisms that the monsters and objects had on previous games were thrown out of the window on this one.

So if anything I'm glad that Konami didn't really butchered the Silent Hill franchise THAT bad if we compare it to the way Capcom did it with the recent Resident Evil games. RE 1, 2, 3, 0 and Code Veronica were survival horror games, which prioritized horror/scares, puzzles, limited ammo, etc while starting from RE4 onwards it became a Michael Bay-nonsensical shooter and explosions fest, and even things like the zombies which were always what the franchise was about were changed for humans enemies infected with a parasite :/ and now seeing all the bad reception that recent titles got and seeing how well the REmake and RE0 remasters performed on sales (and also 'cause the horror game genre saw a huge revival on this new gen, seeing the huge success that games like Outlast, P.T. teaser, Until Dawn, etc... got) they decided to once again switch the franchise genre and go for what's popular now, and so they returned to horror with RE7, although not exactly the classic horror style that fans were asking, but the first-person one (once again, after seeing the fantastic success and popularity that Outlast and P.T. got).

Ok anyways yeah hopefully Konami would at least gave us Silent Hill 4 seeing how that was the only SH game released last gen as a PS2 Classic on PS3, although it was only released on the Japanese PS Store :(

If you want we can continue this conversation via PM, it'll be better to not keep derailing this thread with our talk :):P

Edited by Finozzi1696

Except that it does, just as stated in the other thread, trophies have not been added to the server yet.

Weird that that is happening, though.. Did PS3 ever have games come out before the trophies were ready to be obtained? Seems to be a recent epidemic. ...Unless I just never noticed. It's not like I buy games when they come out, due to lack of funds. :/

Weird that that is happening, though.. Did PS3 ever have games come out before the trophies were ready to be obtained? Seems to be a recent epidemic. ...Unless I just never noticed. It's not like I buy games when they come out, due to lack of funds. :/

I think the chances of this happening are quite rare actually, I think this happened with another PS2 game: Psychonauts, but the trophy list got uploaded to the servers some hours after. :)

It has been confirmed by another user that the game does have trophies and it even comes with a platinum, but the trophy list didn't got uploaded to the serves because apparently there was some sort of mistake or something like that and Sony removed it from the Store, a similar case happened recently with Red Dead Revolver.

Destroy All Humans is on the store!

Can't access it though.

I hope they add Destroy All Humans 2. That's the best one.

Yeah apparently there was some sort of mistake and Sony removed it from the Store (perhaps it wasn't supposed to come out today after all), a similar case happened recently with another PS2 game (which is now finally available on PS4): Red Dead Revolver.  :unsure:

So we should still expect to see DAH at some point, maybe next week or next month. :) 

As for Destroy All Humans 2, it has been recently rated for a PS4 release too!  ^_^: Next PS2 on PS4 game: Destroy All Humans! 2

FORGOT to add:

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance

Mortal Kombat: Deception

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Red Faction

10.Red Faction

6. Red Faction 1 and 2

Red Faction when?

for all of you who were requesting red faction, it just got rated on PEGI for a ps4 release, check this thread for more information about it:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39948-red-faction-is-the-next-ps2-game-coming-to-ps4-ps2-on-ps4-games-list-and-news-thread/

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

Not going to lie, going through the PS2 games on the PS3 (via the webstore)... they have some pretty interesting games on there, like this one here: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-nz/games/kim-possible-what's-the-switch/cid=EP1006-NPED00048_00-GKIMPOSSIB000001

Yes, I'd love a Kim Possible game on the PS4 for sure... even if I've not played that one myself.

75862_front.jpg

I mean hey, looks like a nice beat 'em up game for sure xD

But if anything, I'd love for this game to show up:

Jackie_Chan_Adventures_Ps2.jpg

I've played that one before when I rented it out once, I remember it, being able to use the talismans to solve puzzles and maneuver about the terrain.  It was enjoyable for sure.