Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

You know what needs to happen? They at least announce that they're working on getting the Harry Potter games on PS4 alongside the date of the release of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in theaters. The least they can give us is Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban. I mean, there's a bunch of other games I want that would come sooner such as Soul Calibur III or Jak X being big PS2 exclusives that actually matter that haven't already been remastered on PS3 that they've seemingly been targeting so far, but there's probably no better ideal time to give us the Harry Potter games than that if they'd ever care to give it to us.

• Like 1

FORGOT to add:

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance

Mortal Kombat: Deception

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Red Faction

10.Red Faction

6. Red Faction 1 and 2

Red Faction when?

the sequel to red faction, red faction 2, is also coming to ps4: 

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39948-the-sequel-to-red-faction-also-coming-to-ps4-ps2-on-ps4-games-list-and-news-thread/

with red faction 1 also getting rated by pegi some weeks ago that means both red faction will be coming to ps4 very soon.

You know what needs to happen? They at least announce that they're working on getting the Harry Potter games on PS4 alongside the date of the release of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in theaters. The least they can give us is Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban. I mean, there's a bunch of other games I want that would come sooner such as Soul Calibur III or Jak X being big PS2 exclusives that actually matter that haven't already been remastered on PS3 that they've seemingly been targeting so far, but there's probably no better ideal time to give us the Harry Potter games than that if they'd ever care to give it to us.

Wish that happened! would love to play them all with trophy support :wub:  but sadly since there's no sign of either EA or Warner Bros Interactive joining the PS2-to-PS4 emulation I doubt they'll come :( I don't think they ever re-released any of them after their original release, not even as PS2 Classics last gen. Maybe there's some kind of copyright problems or something?

For the release of the new movie Warner Bros re-released the LEGO Harry Potter Collection for PS4, but what we all really want is a re-release of the PS2 ones  :shakefist:

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Wish that happened! would love to play them all with trophy support :wub:  but sadly since there's no sign of either EA or Warner Bros Interactive joining the PS2-to-PS4 emulation I doubt they'll come :( I don't think they ever re-released any of them after their original release, not even as PS2 Classics last gen. Maybe there's some kind of copyright problems or something?

For the release of the new movie Warner Bros re-released the LEGO Harry Potter Collection for PS4, but what we all really want is a re-release of the PS2 ones  :shakefist:

I'd love to play them for sure... I recall playing the one on the PSOne and that was fun... so any of the from the PS2 era I'd like... yes, even that Quidditch game.

I'd love to play them for sure... I recall playing the one on the PSOne and that was fun... so any of the from the PS2 era I'd like... yes, even that Quidditch game.

First of all, I LOVED the PS1 Harry Potter games, they're probably my favorite ones, particularly Chamber of Secrets. Really for me it's all about those first three films that did amazing as games, and 5 and 6 were just appealing. As long as we got the first 3, at the least 2 and 3, I'd be set. But yea, I know it's not gonna happen not being as big or definitive as some of these other PS2 classics they've been putting out and everything, but it's wishful thinking and it should come. God knows if EA even still has the license for the Harry Potter games or what. I'd assume they haven't made a Fantastic Beasts video game either because it's separate from Harry Potter or it doesn't need it since we really don't want another Deathly Hallows incident on our hands or they're probably taking this film really seriously as like, a legit standalone. As for Harry Potter itself, idk what the situation is but I am happy we got the Lego Harry Potter remaster, let alone being PS4 exclusive, but god, we need the real games.

I want River King and the Harvest Moons even though literally all of these were super jank on PS2 compared to like HMDS or FOMT

Since Destroy All Humans 1 and 2 are coming as well that about wraps up my current wishlist. Red Dead Revolver's there, Red Faction 1 and 2 soon. Can't really think of much more I'm lusting after

I played the PS1 ones and I liked them too :) although I prefer the PS2 versions 'cause you can explore all Hogwarts with plenty of side missions to do and the environments are bigger, and I think they are more faithful to the ones seen in the movies. The PS1 versions were also more focused on platforming which I'm not really a huge fan but like I said I still greatly enjoyed those versions :)

First of all, I LOVED the PS1 Harry Potter games, they're probably my favorite ones, particularly Chamber of Secrets. Really for me it's all about those first three films that did amazing as games, and 5 and 6 were just appealing. As long as we got the first 3, at the least 2 and 3, I'd be set. But yea, I know it's not gonna happen not being as big or definitive as some of these other PS2 classics they've been putting out and everything, but it's wishful thinking and it should come. God knows if EA even still has the license for the Harry Potter games or what. I'd assume they haven't made a Fantastic Beasts video game either because it's separate from Harry Potter or it doesn't need it since we really don't want another Deathly Hallows incident on our hands or they're probably taking this film really seriously as like, a legit standalone. As for Harry Potter itself, idk what the situation is but I am happy we got the Lego Harry Potter remaster, let alone being PS4 exclusive, but god, we need the real games.

I agree! my favorite one is Prisoner of Azkaban even though I only played like half of it, but I remember loving playing that train sequence at the beginning over and over with the dementors! don't know why, maybe its 'cause it was spooky and I love horror games :P

I got my PS2 on 2007 with the Chamber of Secrets game and since I didn't had a memory card I had to restart it every day xD In the end I managed to spend all day trying to beat it and succeeded! I only played a little bit of the Philosopher's Stone one on a friend's house so I didn't actually beat it but I still remember liking what little I played of it.

I disliked the Goblet of Fire game though :/ the gameplay didn't really appealed to me, the movie is also one I'm not particularly a fan of, don't know why.

I really liked both Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince though! it was nice the way they recreated Hogwarts and you could once again explore all of it like in Chamber of Secrets.

Never played any of the Deathly Hallows ones, didn't liked the "COD" feel of it, although since those movies aren't actually based around Hogwarts either and they had plenty of action sequences I guess you could say that kind of gameplay suited it. Only thing I liked from it its how at the end of the game they show you gameplay of every Harry Potter game, from the first one to the last one, that was a cool nostalgia moment :)

Yes, I'd like this game for sure, it was... a fun game.  At least I enjoyed it whenever I had a chance to play it.

Well that game is actually owned by Sony, so there are chances to see it coming at some point! :)

Looks like Suikoden IV will be the next game ported. Sony says it's an error, but who knows.

Sadly like Dell said its confirmed to be a PS2 Classic release for PS3 :( I was excited 'cause I thought Konami finally joined the PS2-to-PS4 emulation and so there were chances to see them bringing their Silent Hill games too. Hopefully they'll join at some point...

I played the PS1 ones and I liked them too :) although I prefer the PS2 versions 'cause you can explore all Hogwarts with plenty of side missions to do and the environments are bigger, and I think they are more faithful to the ones seen in the movies. The PS1 versions were also more focused on platforming which I'm not really a huge fan but like I said I still greatly enjoyed those versions :)

I agree! my favorite one is Prisoner of Azkaban even though I only played like half of it, but I remember loving playing that train sequence at the beginning over and over with the dementors! don't know why, maybe its 'cause it was spooky and I love horror games :P

I got my PS2 on 2007 with the Chamber of Secrets game and since I didn't had a memory card I had to restart it every day xD In the end I managed to spend all day trying to beat it and succeeded! I only played a little bit of the Philosopher's Stone one on a friend's house so I didn't actually beat it but I still remember liking what little I played of it.

I disliked the Goblet of Fire game though :/ the gameplay didn't really appealed to me, the movie is also one I'm not particularly a fan of, don't know why.

I really liked both Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince though! it was nice the way they recreated Hogwarts and you could once again explore all of it like in Chamber of Secrets.

Never played any of the Deathly Hallows ones, didn't liked the "COD" feel of it, although since those movies aren't actually based around Hogwarts either and they had plenty of action sequences I guess you could say that kind of gameplay suited it. Only thing I liked from it its how at the end of the game they show you gameplay of every Harry Potter game, from the first one to the last one, that was a cool nostalgia moment :)

Yeaaaa, Prisoner of Azkaban is hands down my favorite Harry Potter game out of all them, but in terms of the first two games being on the most amount of platforms, Sorcerer's Stone was best on PS1 for me, PC probably a close second, and I haven't played the PS2/XBOX version of Sorcerer's Stone but from what I've seen it looked a bit off compared to how great Chamber of Secrets was executed on the PS2 and XBOX. The reason why I loved the first two games on PS1 is yea, they were more platforming based, but idk, I felt those games were probably the darkest Harry Potter games and had a bit more variety in gameplay, and I especially loved de-gnoming and duelling in Chamber of Secrets on PS1. Chamber of Secrets on the PS2/XBOX though, I love it for its own merits as well that it's probably equally matched with the PS1 version. Prisoner of Azkaban though, even though it took a lot of what made Chamber of Secrets great, I just loved the whole dynamic of playing as Ron and Hermione as well and being limited by their own arsenals compared to each other. On PC though, it was horrendous visually and maybe even gameplay wise, even the GBA version with the turn based combat gameplay was more interesting. Really though, Jeremy Soule's music was a big part of what made all of these games great too. As for Goblet of Fire and the Deathly Hallows games, I just really didn't like them. And yea, as stated before I loved the realism of exploring just about the entirety of Hogwarts in Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince, though Order of the Phoenix had a bit more to explore outside of the Quidditch grounds really but Half-Blood Prince with the mini-games made it a bit more exciting to play around in. Nothing tops the first three games though. But yea, I loved the whole nod to the whole series at the end too.

Yeaaaa, Prisoner of Azkaban is hands down my favorite Harry Potter game out of all them, but in terms of the first two games being on the most amount of platforms, Sorcerer's Stone was best on PS1 for me, PC probably a close second, and I haven't played the PS2/XBOX version of Sorcerer's Stone but from what I've seen it looked a bit off compared to how great Chamber of Secrets was executed on the PS2 and XBOX. The reason why I loved the first two games on PS1 is yea, they were more platforming based, but idk, I felt those games were probably the darkest Harry Potter games and had a bit more variety in gameplay, and I especially loved de-gnoming and duelling in Chamber of Secrets on PS1. Chamber of Secrets on the PS2/XBOX though, I love it for its own merits as well that it's probably equally matched with the PS1 version. Prisoner of Azkaban though, even though it took a lot of what made Chamber of Secrets great, I just loved the whole dynamic of playing as Ron and Hermione as well and being limited by their own arsenals compared to each other. On PC though, it was horrendous visually and maybe even gameplay wise, even the GBA version with the turn based combat gameplay was more interesting. Really though, Jeremy Soule's music was a big part of what made all of these games great too. As for Goblet of Fire and the Deathly Hallows games, I just really didn't like them. And yea, as stated before I loved the realism of exploring just about the entirety of Hogwarts in Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince, though Order of the Phoenix had a bit more to explore outside of the Quidditch grounds really but Half-Blood Prince with the mini-games made it a bit more exciting to play around in. Nothing tops the first three games though. But yea, I loved the whole nod to the whole series at the end too.

Yeah many people agree that the PC versions, especially that of Prisoner of Azkaban, was very inferior compared to the better PS2 one, and I have to agree 'cause I played both versions and I have to say I enjoyed the PS2 one much more. :) Since they sold much more copies on consoles maybe that's why devs put a lot more effort and quality into the consoles versions instead.

And as stated above, this is the only good thing that came from the Deathly Hallows game, the ending credits: :PxD

Well, in order to not keep derailing the thread maybe we can continue with this conversation via PM if you want :)

I also accepted your friend request on PSN the other day ^_^

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

I agree with much of what have been listed here but my inquiry is; for the titles that have been ported to ps3 with trophy support already (i.e. the Sly Cooper Franchise) would the developers tinker with the trophy list that has already been set for the ps3 version, or, just release the game with a separate but identical list. If anybody has an example of this happening let me know!

I agree with much of what have been listed here but my inquiry is; for the titles that have been ported to ps3 with trophy support already (i.e. the Sly Cooper Franchise) would the developers tinker with the trophy list that has already been set for the ps3 version, or, just release the game with a separate but identical list. If anybody has an example of this happening let me know!

So far the only instance of this is with GTA San Andreas where a "remastered" port was released on the PS3 then the original PS2 version was released on PS4. They used the same trophies but had two separate lists, the only difference was the trophy design was slightly different (better on PS3).

As for the Sly Trilogy or any other franchise that's been fully remastered coming to the emulation programme nobody knows. It's probably unlikely though because Sony prefer to put those on PS Now instead, then there's Kingdom Hearts which is getting a PS4 port of the remasters rather than being emulated.

• Like 1