Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

Oh hush you :P

But yeah, the Silent Hill games would be cool on the PS4 as well... I probably wouldn't play them as such... too terrified probably xD

Everyone should play at least the second one, 'cause its just a masterpiece of video games in general. Its not a franchise that is only focused on its horror and nothing else, the well-made stories, OST, symbolisms (the monsters, objects, puzzles, environments, etc are symbolisms/metaphors with meanings from either the protagonist's, secondary characters and/or antagonist's psyche), etc are what makes it one of the most appealing horror video game franchises of all time, even for non-horror fans.

Silent Hill 2's story specifically is one of the best from the horror genre, so melancholic and beautiful. The ending made me -and other people who've played it- cry, even the voice actress cried at the end while reading that letter. So yeah you should try it at least on a sale if it ever comes to the PS4, you won't be disappointed at all :) its also the least scary Silent Hill game because of all I've said alongside Shattered Memories which also shares a lot of melancholy and sadness, and its horror isn't cheap like those from Outlast which only revolves on jumpscares and that stuff, which you barely ever find on SH.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Silent Hill 2 and 3 were re-released in HD on PS3 so I would say that getting a PS4 port is unlikely (EDIT- which would suck for people who didn't have a PS3 OR XBox 360 OR who sold theirs before getting the collection). That is, of course, not to say I wouldn't like or play it!

Edited by MeteorHawk

Silent Hill 2 and 3 were re-released in HD on PS3 so I would say that getting a PS4 port is unlikely (EDIT- which would suck for people who didn't have a PS3 OR XBox 360 OR who sold theirs before getting the collection). That is, of course, not to say I wouldn't like or play it!

Yeah but they are regarded as one of the worst remasters, there's just too many glitches, bugs, and they changed many things from the original PS2 versions like sounds, voices, textures, etc... 'cause Konami lost the original codes so the team in charge of the remasters had to use some unfinished code instead.

Being a big fan of the franchise and having played the original PS2 versions a lot I was very disappointed by them, so that's the only case were you can say getting their original PS2 versions would be so much better.

Sony hasn't released PS2 emulations on PS4 from games that already got remastered on the PS3 and put on PS Now but those were considered good remasters that people would prefer to have over the original PS2 versions, this doesn't apply with the Silent Hill's remasters for the reasons I stated above.

Hopefully Konami will join the emulation and bring them, if not then I would still be very happy to get the ones that didn't got remastered like 4, Origins and Shattered Memories :)

Edited by Finozzi1696

Yeah but they are regarded as one of the worst remasters, there's just too many glitches, bugs, and they changed many things from the original PS2 versions like sounds, voices, textures, etc... 'cause Konami lost the original codes so the team in charge of the remasters had to use some unfinished code instead.

Being a big fan of the franchise and having played the original PS2 versions a lot I was very disappointed by them, so that's the only case were you can say getting their original PS2 versions would be so much better.

Sony hasn't released PS2 emulations on PS4 from games that already got remastered on the PS3 and put on PS Now but those were considered good remasters that people would prefer to have over the original PS2 versions, this doesn't apply with the Silent Hill's remasters for the reasons I stated above.

Hopefully Konami would join and bring them, if not then I would still be very happy to get the ones that didn't got remastered like 4, Origins and Shattered Memories :)

Yeah I agree that they were pretty shitty remasters, probably the worst HD Collection on PS3/ XBox 360. I'd still sadly say it's unlikely though, because buggy as they were they've still already been re-released so I'd say as far as Konami are concerned they're done with those games; we're more likely to see 4: The Room (which is one of the most under- appreciated games of all time) ported.

I hope that they... don't release the Fatal Frame games onto the PS4... why might you ask? I never finished it on the PS2, I think it was Crimson Butterfly, in the mansion... and yeah, that game just terrified me, which is why I never finished the game.  Got a bit into it, but it got too scary for me back then.  I was younger too, which did not help matters at all xD

Can't wait for Ape Escape 3 to come out, hope this one has a platinum... Would love to see Persona 3: FES (and some of the other Shin Megami Tensei games) on there, Klonoa 2, Gitaroo Man, The Simpsons Hit & Run and SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom would be excellent on there, would love to replay with trophy support for them.

Yeah I agree that they were pretty shitty remasters, probably the worst HD Collection on PS3/ XBox 360. I'd still sadly say it's unlikely though, because buggy as they were they've still already been re-released so I'd say as far as Konami are concerned they're done with those games; we're more likely to see 4: The Room (which is one of the most under- appreciated games of all time) ported.

Under appreciated? not at all! it sold well and it got great reviews when it came out, I know many people who played it and loved it. :)

A TRULY under appreciated and overlooked horror gem would be Rule of Rose, considered to be one of the rarest PS2 games and the few copies available nowadays are really expensive due to their rarity. Wish Sony could bring that one, despite all the children controversy surrounding it.

I hope that they... don't release the Fatal Frame games onto the PS4... why might you ask? I never finished it on the PS2, I think it was Crimson Butterfly, in the mansion... and yeah, that game just terrified me, which is why I never finished the game.  Got a bit into it, but it got too scary for me back then.  I was younger too, which did not help matters at all xD

Are you crazy? Fatal Frame/Project Zero are the ones I'm looking forward the most! xD wish Koei Tecmo joins the emulation at some point, I've sent them messages about it and they saw them, but they didn't replied. So if I've to say which publishers I'm looking forward the most to see joining the emulation those would be Konami, Koei Tecmo and maybe Mighty Rocket Studios (ObsCure 1 and 2), EA (The Sims and Harry Potter), etc...

Can't wait for Ape Escape 3 to come out, hope this one has a platinum... Would love to see Persona 3: FES (and some of the other Shin Megami Tensei games) on there, Klonoa 2, Gitaroo Man, The Simpsons Hit & Run and SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom would be excellent on there, would love to replay with trophy support for them.

Sadly I doubt AE3 will have a platinum, Ape Escape 2 was released on PS4 some months ago and it didn't came with a plat: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5141-Ape-Escape-2 :(

And about that Spongebob game, the other day I asked THQ Nordic if they are planning to bring it to PS4 'cause there was another guy requesting it but they told me that due to license reasons it would be difficult to bring that one, at least for now.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Under appreciated? not at all! it sold well and it got great reviews when it came out, I know many people who played it and loved it. :)

A TRULY under appreciated and overlooked horror gem would be Rule of Rose, considered to be one of the rarest PS2 games and the few copies available nowadays are really expensive due to their rarity. Wish Sony could bring that one, despite all the children controversy surrounding it.

Are you crazy? Fatal Frame/Project Zero are the ones I'm looking forward the most! xD wish Koei Tecmo joins the emulation at some point, I've sent them messages about it and they saw them, but they didn't replied. So if I've to say which publishers I'm looking forward the most to see joining the emulation those would be Konami, Koei Tecmo and maybe Mighty Rocket Studios (ObsCure 1 and 2), EA (The Sims and Harry Potter), etc...

Sadly I doubt AE3 will have a platinum, Ape Escape 2 was released on PS4 some months ago and it didn't came with a plat: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5141-Ape-Escape-2 :(

And about that Spongebob game, the other day I asked THQ Nordic if they are planning to bring it to PS4 'cause there was another guy requesting it but they told me that due to license reasons it would be difficult to bring that one, at least for now.

By the way, reason why? I would have to play them and get spooked and I don't think I could handle that xD

And it sounds like THQ is considering the SpongeBob game for sure, but can't get it because of said licencing issues.  But hey, I too would love more PS2 licensed games on the PS4 for sure, even if that would take more to do.

By the way, reason why? I would have to play them and get spooked and I don't think I could handle that xD

And it sounds like THQ is considering the SpongeBob game for sure, but can't get it because of said licencing issues.  But hey, I too would love more PS2 licensed games on the PS4 for sure, even if that would take more to do.

If you're talking about Fatal Frame I said that 'cause you said "I hope they don't release Fatal Frame on PS4", I know it was a joke though. And if you're talking about Silent Hill 2 its 'cause is a masterpiece on every sense (story, OST, characters, symbolisms, melancholy, etc), and its a shame some people don't give it a try just because of its horror. Same way Bioshock 1 is also a fantastic and amazing game with plenty of critical acclaim but some people don't want to try it 'cause of its survival horror elements, even if its not a truly 100% horror game.

If you're talking about Fatal Frame I said that 'cause you said "I hope they don't release Fatal Frame on PS4", I know it was a joke though. And if you're talking about Silent Hill 2 its 'cause is a masterpiece on every sense (story, OST, characters, symbolisms, melancholy, etc), and its a shame some people don't give it a try just because of its horror. Same way Bioshock 1 is also a fantastic and amazing game with plenty of critical acclaim but some people don't want to try it 'cause of its survival horror elements, even if its not a truly 100% horror game.

Was talking about Fatal Frame for sure, but hey, it's all good in the end.  I do secretly want them to be released onto the PS4 too, even if I wouldn't be able to platinum them probably xD

• Like 1

Now I don't know if anyone else would be with me on this one, but I would love to see either a port or remaster of the Hot Shots Golf games. I loved playing them growing up and there is a strong lack of golf games. I know I haven't played Rory McIllroy PGA Tour, but I feel it's a portion of a game with DLC to fill in the rest. 

Now I don't know if anyone else would be with me on this one, but I would love to see either a port or remaster of the Hot Shots Golf games. I loved playing them growing up and there is a strong lack of golf games. I know I haven't played Rory McIllroy PGA Tour, but I feel it's a portion of a game with DLC to fill in the rest. 

I'd say it could be possible? I mean we got that Hot Shots Tennis game from the PS2 era and I assume the golf ones are by the same company.  I myself have yet to play the tennis one though xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Lord of the Rings games. They are one of the very few licensed games that are actually really good and fun.

The Fellowship of the Ring wasn't based on Jackson's film, so characters don't really look like their movie counterparts... Other than that and the slightly clunky combat, it was decent.

The Two Towers was a major step ahead and had a great combat system, fun missions and tied in well with the movies.

The Return of the King was basically a finetuned Two Towers, with a deeper combat system, XP system, more characters to play as and more storylines to follow. The arena challenges were also really entertaining.

But my favourite LOTR game on PS2 still remains The Third Age. Think Final Fantasy meets, uhm, fantasy. It was a great turn-based RPG, with brand new characters, including cameos from movie characters. Plus, it was very difficult on the highest setting. Definitely worth checking out.

• Like 1

Just started watching Super Couch Fighter's playthrough of their newest game, which, makes me wish it was on the PS4 already.  Def Jam: Fight for NY.  I mean, it has a very interesting fighting system for sure from what I can see... and hey, I'd play that game for sure.  So many things I can see to unlock x.x

• Like 2

On 15.1.2017 at 3:49 AM, marvelboy10 said:

SImpsons Hit and run and Road Rage. I never played Hit and run when I was younger but it looks like fun. Road Rage was very fun and similar to Hit and Run but with less free roaming.

Nahhh... Hit and Run was "GTA-like".

Road Rage was something like Crazy Taxi.