Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

10 minutes ago, Mar said:

That's different though, they're originally PS2 games at their core. DotD launched as a multi-plat game available on two different generations. Jak belongs to PS2, DofD you couldnt say the same, since its on PS2 and PS3. Unfortunately PSNow would be the more fitting choice for DofD ._.

You make a good point. Either way, I'd like to see some Spyro games come over to the PS4 whether they be remasters or just PS2 ports. 

The original Katamari Damacy, and especially for one reason: it could finally get an actual release in Europe after all these years! The original never got released in Europe, and it never got on the EU PSN store (yeah, I know you can easily make an American account but still)

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

The original Katamari Damacy, and especially for one reason: it could finally get an actual release in Europe after all these years! The original never got released in Europe, and it never got on the EU PSN store (yeah, I know you can easily make an American account but still)

Katamari <3 There's Katamari Forever, which is basically a HD remake and compilation whatever. It didn't have the same menus, which was a bit of the charm of the originals. But you knew this I think with Katamari Forever on your trophy list. Except for the menus, the games are all there in Forever, just with better resolution, running pretty much as well, and with extra features.

11 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

You make a good point. Either way, I'd like to see some Spyro games come over to the PS4 whether they be remasters or just PS2 ports. 

Which of the Spyro games?

• Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly was a rushed mess, though at least it followed the old formula.
  • Spyro: A Hero's Tail wasn't as rushed, so this is perhaps one I'd actually liked to see ported.
  • The Legend of Spyro trilogy wasn't really Spyro anymore. Personally, the combat focus bored me, so I wouldn't really want to see those ported.

On April 11, 2017 at 8:55 PM, Sora9669 said:

Star Wars Starfighter, Episode III, The Clone Wars, Battlefront, Battlefront II

Some Dragon Ball Z games.

Dirge of Cerberus, Front Mission 4, Dawn of Mana, Romancing SaGa

Wow. You might be the first person I've ever seen that liked Dawn of Mana.

I never played Romancing Saga, after the abomination that was Unlimited Saga. Was it any good?

On 2017-04-11 at 6:31 AM, Mar said:

That's different though, they're originally PS2 games at their core. DotD launched as a multi-plat game available on two different generations. Jak belongs to PS2, DofD you couldnt say the same, since its on PS2 and PS3. Unfortunately PSNow would be the more fitting choice for DofD ._.

#whynotboth

PS Now has a lot of games that are also on PS4. If they got the licensing ready, may as well do both. There's also stuff like Persona 4 on PS3, while Vita has the enhanced version [and P4 came out on PS3 after Golden was already out].

Edited by Elvick_

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, Qu1ck57r1k3 said:

Xenosaga episode 1 and 3, ashamed they skipped 2. (I pretend that 2 doesn't exist)

Skygunner

Silent hill 2 - 4 (lets ignore the HD remasters and get direct ports)

Fatal Frame 1 - 3

I'm for all of these plus the Shadow Hearts trilogy. 

While Xenosaga 2 wasn't great, I still want that one as well though. My daughter got so into watching me play the series that she used to draw pictures of KOS-MOS and Shion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

#whynotboth

PS Now has a lot of games that are also on PS4. If they got the licensing ready, may as well do both. There's also stuff like Persona 4 on PS3, while Vita has the enhanced version [and P4 came out on PS3 after Golden was already out].

Those arent comparable at all, and none of the PS2 on PS4 games exist anywhere else on PS3 or Vita. Theres a certain precision and thought out care going into the PS2oPS4 games. If Spyro DotD is to get a re-release, PS-Now will be the more logical choice. 

www.denofgeek.com/games/playstation-2/29715/top-50-underappreciated-playstation-2-games

Man, I've already forgotten some of these hidden gems especially God Hand, XIII and Disaster Report. I would like to play Auto Modellista and Black, never had a chance to play these.

ericperez18.png 

1 hour ago, Mar said:

Those arent comparable at all, and none of the PS2 on PS4 games exist anywhere else on PS3 or Vita. Theres a certain precision and thought out care going into the PS2oPS4 games. If Spyro DotD is to get a re-release, PS-Now will be the more logical choice. 

It's about maximizing profit. And I gave you examples of it happening before.

Not everyone is going to subscribe to PS Now. It is not the more logical choice. The logical choice is both. Some people will buy it natively as a PS2 game, some will stream it via PS Now.

35 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

It's about maximizing profit. And I gave you examples of it happening before.

Not everyone is going to subscribe to PS Now. It is not the more logical choice. The logical choice is both. Some people will buy it natively as a PS2 game, some will stream it via PS Now.

If that was even consistent, every successful game would be remastered, and we'd see the Vita being utilized by Sony more. Your examples are completely invalid, as I said. There's quality control with PoPGs. You cant just say because weve seen games re-released in general that it can just easily happen with PoPGs, without any good support.

Lol. It is more logical for DotD to be released on PS-Now since it's not considered an amazing entry in the franchise. It doesnt deserve the PoPGs treatment. It's not more logical because of your assumption that multi releases = much better sales. Otherwise everything should be multi plat "since it'll maximize profit" and "ppl will buy it on both systems". And the not everyone is subscribed to PSNow point doesnt support your point at all, many games are still released on it regardless.

Until we see Sony re-releasing existent PS2 Classics on PoPS, you have no basis to say what you are saying. If we do see re-releases, it'll probably just be from Sony's primary IPs anyway, which actually makes sense.

Edited by Mar

1 hour ago, Mar said:

If that was even consistent, every successful game would be remastered, and we'd see the Vita being utilized by Sony more. Your examples are completely invalid, as I said. There's quality control with PoPGs. You cant just say because weve seen games re-released in general that it can just easily happen with PoPGs, without any good support.

Lol. It is more logical for DotD to be released on PS-Now since it's not considered an amazing entry in the franchise. It doesnt deserve the PoPGs treatment. It's not more logical because of your assumption that multi releases = much better sales. Otherwise everything should be multi plat "since it'll maximize profit" and "ppl will buy it on both systems". And the not everyone is subscribed to PSNow point doesnt support your point at all, many games are still released on it regardless.

Until we see Sony re-releasing existent PS2 Classics on PoPS, you have no basis to say what you are saying. If we do see re-releases, it'll probably just be from Sony's primary IPs anyway, which actually makes sense.

We aren't talking about remasters, that's entirely irrelevant. We're talking about re-releases of existing games. Remasters require more effort than emulation and simply making it available for streaming. They are not invalid, just saying they are doesn't make it so. You can't just say that it can't happen, and won't happen, without any support. You know your argument is bad if you can just flip it around on yourself~

My "assumption" is reality. That PS Now is not a service everyone uses [given Sony never seem to talk about it, I'd wager very few do]. And that the audience who buys PS2 games on PS4, and that of PS Now is not the exact same people. That not everyone wants to stream a game, and many will never sub to PS Now. Thus never play the game they might otherwise play if they could just outright buy the PS2 version on PS4. And since the PS4 can't natively run or emulate PS3 games, that's out of the question. So why not put the PS2 version up?

Not even sure what your attempting to say with "And the not everyone is subscribed to PSNow point doesnt support your point at all".
I didn't say no games should be released there, didn't even say the PS3 version shouldn't be put on there. Yet it seems like that's what you're basing my being "wrong" about on. I said releasing it only there doesn't' make the most sense if you've already got licensing in order. Games that are already natively on PS4 [and PC] are on PS Now. Why is this any different? The PS2 version would be natively emulated on PS4, the PS3 version on PS Now.

EXACTLY LIKE MANY GAMES ON PS NOW. [LEGO Games, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Injustice, Beyond: Two Souls, Saints Row IV, etc]. Only difference these would be emulated PS2 games instead of remastered/multiplat games.  Yet my argument has no support? lol, If you say so dear. We are done here, this is getting off topic.

1. Sonic Heroes

2. Okami

3. Persona 3 and 4

4. Tales of the Abyss: great story and characters. I played the 3DS one, but would love to get trophies.

5. Tales of Destiny

6. Tales of Destiny 2

7. Tales of Rebirth

8. Tales of Legendia

9. Dirge of Cerberus: FFVII

• Like 1

On 12/12/2015 at 7:08 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Dynasty Warriors 3-5 (not likely but would give me insurmountable pleasure :devil: )

Samurai Warriors 1-2 (I never got to play 2 T_T  )

Come on KT...you know you want to...these games probably wouldn't even be difficult.

I need to be told "Do not pursue Lu Bu" again. ?

50 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

We aren't talking about remasters, that's entirely irrelevant. We're talking about re-releases of existing games. Remasters require more effort than emulation and simply making it available for streaming. They are not invalid, just saying they are doesn't make it so. You can't just say that it can't happen, and won't happen, without any support. You know your argument is bad if you can just flip it around on yourself~

My "assumption" is reality. That PS Now is not a service everyone uses [given Sony never seem to talk about it, I'd wager very few do]. And that the audience who buys PS2 games on PS4, and that of PS Now is not the exact same people. That not everyone wants to stream a game, and many will never sub to PS Now. Thus never play the game they might otherwise play if they could just outright buy the PS2 version on PS4. And since the PS4 can't natively run or emulate PS3 games, that's out of the question. So why not put the PS2 version up?

Not even sure what your attempting to say with "And the not everyone is subscribed to PSNow point doesnt support your point at all".
I didn't say no games should be released there, didn't even say the PS3 version shouldn't be put on there. Yet it seems like that's what you're basing my being "wrong" about on. I said releasing it only there doesn't' make the most sense if you've already got licensing in order. Games that are already natively on PS4 [and PC] are on PS Now. Why is this any different? The PS2 version would be natively emulated on PS4, the PS3 version on PS Now.

EXACTLY LIKE MANY GAMES ON PS NOW. [LEGO Games, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Injustice, Beyond: Two Souls, Saints Row IV, etc]. Only difference these would be emulated PS2 games instead of remastered/multiplat games.  Yet my argument has no support? lol, If you say so dear. We are done here, this is getting off topic.

Typo, I meant re-releases. They are invalid because of your defensive point regarding it, not because of of your baseless assumption of what you thought I meant.  Oh wow, you actually are being petty and immature, I thought it was a coincidence. I clearly stated solid reasons on why it doesnt make sense... I actually have support, I JUST USED IT, you have no comparable support. You know YOUR argument is bad when youre delusional and petty enough to reply the way you did to begin with. Getting salty over good counterpoints is pathetic.

Your assumption is NOT reality. It has not yet happened with PoPGs, and it's been around since 2015. Your comment is literally filler. Literally none of that adds to the argument. You're stubborn. That doesnt matter, PSNow is still getting a lot of games, AND at a faster rate than PoPGs. It doesnt matter what we want, Sony are doing what they want, and what they're doing is what I said. PSNow is getting more attention than PoPGs. PSNow UNLIKE POPGs even has it's own tab on the FRONT page of PSN Store, while PoPGs is actually difficult to find. Why not? Because DotD is not a classic and it's not a critically acclaimed or popular game. These are a few reasons why I said it'd be more logical to release it on Now. DoTD is from the inferior Spyro series (the one Insomniac didnt make.. you remember that much right?), and no-one really cares about it. At least the other two titles are PS2 Gen exclusive.

Dude.. I didnt say that either. I just quoted what you said. "Not everyone is going to subscribe to PS Now." Releasing on Now does make more sense. I went over this. You're saying its worth Sony's time to polish this game up, instead of working on TRUE PS2 Classics that should come to PS4? That is what you're saying btw. Tell me how many times your logic has actually applied recently. For example, your liscening logic hasnt even appied to any of the 20+ games on PoPGs. And again, PoPGs clearly has quality control. No games from it so far have been buyable on any other system (PS3/Vita). Might see exceptions like Crash Team Racing, but cmon now. 

Your argument has no support though, and you missed my point, which Ive reiterated several times: none of PoPGs have ever been re-released.

This is on topic, its about PS2 on PS4 Games. The simple point is though that Spyro Dawn of the Dragon (PS2) doesnt deserve to be on PS2 on PS4, when the sufficient PS3 version will be fine on Playstation Now. Are you a massive Spyro fan or something?

Edited by Mar

Here's one I'd be desperate for, and Sony really should take care of, as they've shown the series an incredibly unusual level of support: (Forbidden) Siren 2.

It is a series universally considered to be dead and out way more times than I dare to count: Like when Sony bizarrely released Siren Blood Curse as a crazy early PS3 game, one of the (*the*, even?) first downloadable-only PSN titles, testing out PS3 hardware/a next-gen game engine Then, much more recently still, they further supported the series by [and rather oddly, really] releasing it as one of the initial PS2 on PS4 series.

Every last time any rational person would count this franchise dead and buried, Sony shows otherwise, either an obscene amount of naked favoritism for an original Sony owned IP, or else realizing the masterpiece of sheer genius they definitively had with Siren.

Ahh, but as for Siren 2, on the other hand...? It's *never* been shown a lick of the love from Sony that all the rest of the franchise bore witness to. An unexpected sequel to a classic title, back in 2006 we Americans waited patiently on the game's eventual translation and NA release. Then, it was indeed released in English... just coming out exclusively to a European audience! The US fanbase was plagued by delay after delays, until all hope for any release whatsoever was eventually canceled in full. So just come on already, Sony! All dubbed translation work has *already* been done (for more than a decade now); meaning that that all important English translation is 100% ready for release!

I loved this series from the get-go and, logistics be damned, around 2007 was not to be denied my Siren sequel; going so far as to mod-chip my PS2 *strictly* in order to play Siren 2, which I bought a legit import copy of and still own (also having the Japanese Siren 2 release, as well as Japanese+US copies of the first in my survival horror catalogue).

Yet even so, I never did end up getting around to finishing Siren 2, because the effort of utilizing the chip/region unlocking my PS2 were hit and miss with solderless. Worked less often that not, so combining that with the fact I didn't get start on Siren 2 until many years after my PS2 first began gathering dust - well, I ultimately got *maybe* 35% of the game done, if that... and my PS2 still sits in my primary gaming centre with Siren 2 locked+loaded in it, the sole reason the console hasn't yet joined my personal museum/graveyard of my old PS1, Sega Genesis-Saturn, Atari Jaguar, NES-Wii, etc.

Siren 2 would be an epic release for the PS2 on PS4 series, a relatively rare title never released in the US yet with all the work necessary to bring it over for a NA release utterly+totally complete. They'd need to ESRB that puppy, test with the PS2 on PS4 emulator software, and then put that baby up on the PSN store, thereby making some easy $$$. 

I'd kill for a US Siren 2 all for myself; never mind opening up an incredibly underrated and wholly unappreciated survival horror series with unprecedentedly original game mechanics (the gameplays originality is just off the charts, and they rank behind only the many Silent Hills+RE7 as my fave horror games of all time) to ever more players worldwide. One can only dream of a true franchise resurrection with a legit contemporary Siren 3 for PS4 (or, thanks to Blood Curse, mayhap that'd instead be Forbidden Siren 4?), finally adding in trophy support to the last major entry in the franchise lacking it, minus a woefully shortened Blood Curse. 

Make it happen, Sony. It's the next best thing to free money, cash that, even now, is presently sitting amidst mothballs in ye olde archival Sony Vault.

Ok so... I was actually wrong in regards to the PS2 on PS4 Games (PoPG) being unique classics that weren't re-released before. Multiple PoPGs have actually already existed as PS3 Classics, like Manhunt, Primal, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...