Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

There are so many of them! I think I'd love to play the PS2 Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games (even though some of them were real crap), Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith, Burnout 3, Disney's PK: Out of the Shadows (Disney's Donald Duck PK), the three Call of Duty games, the Lord of the Rings games, Dirge of Cerberus FFVII, Mortal Kombat games, all the Dragon Ball & Naruto games and even the Yu-Gi-Oh! ones.

Edited by Adras_Nightmare
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 11:38 AM, JesterCrows said:

I dont think so though it would be nice. Hopefully they will bring more PS2 games to the PS5 

I hope so too. I read it's because it's apparently a pain getting the trophies to work properly? And I guess for most publishers it's just not worth the effort. Hopefully that'll be easier to work out on PS5.

I really wanted more From Software PS2 games on PS4, especially King's Field IV.

Edited by StrangeInStereo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably a pipe dream, but since it's a wish list...

Xenosaga1box.jpgXenosaga Episode II - Jenseits von Gut und Bose Coverart.pngXeno3boxart.jpg

I'd love to see these games get released in a nice trilogy package on PS4, but the chances of that happening are probably damn near zero for two main reasons:

• The series creator said the trilogy as a whole underperformed. Episode I started out strong and Episode II had a decent reception, but interest had significantly waned by Episode III. When Episodes I and II were re-released on the Nintendo DS, even those sold poorly in Japan and never got a release in any other region.
  • I don't know who owns the rights to these games - they were made by Monolith Soft and originally published by Namco. Monolith Soft was bought out by Nintendo in 2007, so if Monolith Soft retained the rights to these games, then the games are currently owned by Nintendo.

All of this is a damn shame for anybody interested in playing these games. There aren't very many non-Japanese copies of Episode III available (used region 1 copies typically cost AT LEAST $80 on eBay), so playing the entire trilogy is expensive. A man can dream, though...

• Like 1

I think godhand, the suffering 1 and 2, timespliters 1 to 3, second sight, psi ops, headhunter 1 and 2, the thing, the godfather 1 game, killer 7, evil dead fistful of boomstick, resident evil outbreak file 1 and 2 and lastly dead aim would be good games for ps4. But, I hardly think any of them would be on ps4 at all other then second sight and timespliters as thq owns the rights to make remakes or ports as they see fit

• Like 1

All the old racing titles would be great!

• Midnight Club 3 Dub edition remix
  • NFS Underground 1 and 2
  • NFS Most Wanted
  • Even NFS Prostreet
  • Gran Turismo 4
  • Burnout Revenge
  • Burnout 3 Takedown
  • and, with a plat: Medal of Honor European Assault, just for the title screen music,.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lars said:

All the old racing titles would be great!

• Midnight Club 3 Dub edition remix
  • NFS Underground 1 and 2
  • NFS Most Wanted
  • Even NFS Prostreet
  • Gran Turismo 4
  • Burnout Revenge
  • Burnout 3 Takedown
  • and, with a plat: Medal of Honor European Assault, just for the title screen music,.

So much yes!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 8:44 PM, Xeroknight67 said:

latest?cb=20060317042644

I'm glad we got a remaster of GU, but I've always enjoyed these four games. Though they did get boring at times, as a whole I loved them

I would love to see these remastered. Especially because finding a copy of Part 4 that isn't over $100 seems impossible.

I'd love to see Silent Hill 2-4/Origins and Persona 3 and 4.

Edited by jaggedmarrow
Correcting spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, jaggedmarrow said:

I would love to see these remastered. Especially because finding a copy of Part 4 that isn't over $100 seems impossible.

I'd love to see Silent Hill 2-4/Origins and Persona 3 and 4.

Yea i spent a little over $200 for all 4 of the a couple years ago. The only Persona game I've played is 5. I would love to try Shinmegami Tensei 1-3 and persona 4 but i rarely use my vita anymore

Lots but here are some i would love to see or pipe dreams

1. XenoSaga games or a PS4 Xenogears would be amazing too (XenoGears is by far my dream remake and is my favorite game of all time)

2. All of the PS2 Tony Hawks games (I would kill to relive these games on PS4 but it would be possible because of licensing)

3. The PS2 Crash Bandicoot games (I'm Surprised we didn't see these when N Sane came out but Twinsanity is still my favorite Crash game)

4. GTA  Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories (Sad we still haven't seen these after all these years it was rated)

5. Sonic Heros (Love this game up there with one of my favorite Sonic games would love to collect trophies for this)

6. WWE PS2 games (Huge Pipe dream but would be amazing to play Shut your Mouth and Here comes the pain again)

7. Spider Man 1 and 2 (Would of been a cool surprised as a pre order bonus with 2018 Spider man)

8. Simpsons Road Rage and Hit and Run (Played these over and over again over the years such fun games but probably another pipe dream licensing nightmare)

9. Mafia 1 (PS2 Port is awful rather have a PC port of it but i would take anything if it were to come out still one of the best stories i've seen played in a video game)

10. The Godfather Game (Not a great game but 100 % nostalgia and would be awesome to play again)

Way more i could list for sure the endless JRPGs, open world games, first party games. I wouldn't mind almost any of these type of games get ported over. But i sadly think we will hardly see another PS2 on PS4 game again unless it's a pre order bouns. It's such a missed opportunity of how much money can be made by sony making simple ports and great games that can be exposed to another generation.  It would be a treat if we could get more re release of some of the amazing PS2 games more often.

• Like 1