Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

On 06/12/2015 at 8:56 PM, Finozzi1696 said:

This thread used to be much prettier but I decided to remove all that due to some problems that I detail on my profile.

Fatal Frame 1/Project Zero 1, 2: Crimson Butterfly, 3: The Tormented
ObsCure 1, ObsCure 2/ObsCure: The Aftermath
Silent Hill 2, 3, 4: The Room, Origins, Shattered Memories 
Haunting Ground 
Rule of Rose 
Shadow of Memories/Shadow of Destiny 
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, Alone in the Dark (2008)
Beyond Good & Evil
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty: World at War – Final Fronts
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Clock Tower 3
Cold Fear
Disaster Report/SOS: The Final Escape
Enter The Matrix, The Matrix: Path of Neo
Escape from Monkey Island
Garfield
Glass Rose
God of War 1, 2

Half-Life 1, Half-Life: Decay
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Contracts, Hitman: Blood Money
ICO
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II, Jak 3, Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Jaws Unleashed
Just Cause
Mafia 1
Manhunt 2
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Michigan: Report from Hell
No One Lives Forever 1, 2 
Okami
Pilot Down: Behind Enemy Lines
Ratchet & Clank 1, Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando/Locked and Loaded, Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal, Ratchet: Deadlocked/Gladiator, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Secret Agent Clank
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Raw Danger!
Resident Evil: Outbreak 1, 2, Dead Aim, Code Veronica X
Scarface: The World is Yours
Shadow of the Colossus
Shadow the Hedgehog
Siren 2/Forbidden Siren 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus/Sly Raccoon, Sly 2: Band of Thieves, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Syberia 1, 2
The Getaway, The Getaway: Black Monday
The Polar Express
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
The Sims 1, 2, Pets, Bustin' Out, The Urbz, Castaway
The Thing
The X-Files: Resist or Serve
Total Overdose
True Crime: Streets of LA, True Crime: New York City
XIII

Now available:

Bully/Canis Canem Edit 

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy

Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Re:Chain of Memories <- 1.5, 2.5 HD Collections coming to PS4

Manhunt 1

Max Payne 1

Resident Evil 4 <- remaster by Capcom

Siren 1/Forbidden Siren 1

"PS2 on PS4: Games list and discussion"

"List of PlayStation 2 games for PlayStation 4

Send this thread to Shuhei Yoshida's Twitter and Dave Thach's Twitter using #ps2ps4

"Rockstar is having "tremendous success" with PS2 titles on PS4"

"Coming soon to PS4: Siren, Ape Escape 3, Okage, Wild Arms 3, Primal"

Add legacy of kain series and dbz budokai tenkaiche games  to that list

Edited by Akhil1234

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 8:11 AM, ZitMeatloaf said:

This is probably a pipe dream, but since it's a wish list...

Xenosaga1box.jpgXenosaga Episode II - Jenseits von Gut und Bose Coverart.pngXeno3boxart.jpg

I'd love to see these games get released in a nice trilogy package on PS4, but the chances of that happening are probably damn near zero for two main reasons:

• The series creator said the trilogy as a whole underperformed. Episode I started out strong and Episode II had a decent reception, but interest had significantly waned by Episode III. When Episodes I and II were re-released on the Nintendo DS, even those sold poorly in Japan and never got a release in any other region.
  • I don't know who owns the rights to these games - they were made by Monolith Soft and originally published by Namco. Monolith Soft was bought out by Nintendo in 2007, so if Monolith Soft retained the rights to these games, then the games are currently owned by Nintendo.

All of this is a damn shame for anybody interested in playing these games. There aren't very many non-Japanese copies of Episode III available (used region 1 copies typically cost AT LEAST $80 on eBay), so playing the entire trilogy is expensive. A man can dream, though...

I love those games! I bought a brand new copy of Episode 1 4 years ago but both of my PS2's refused to load it, very sad :(

On 8/15/2019 at 9:11 AM, ZitMeatloaf said:

This is probably a pipe dream, but since it's a wish list...

Xenosaga1box.jpgXenosaga Episode II - Jenseits von Gut und Bose Coverart.pngXeno3boxart.jpg

I'd love to see these games get released in a nice trilogy package on PS4, but the chances of that happening are probably damn near zero for two main reasons:

• The series creator said the trilogy as a whole underperformed. Episode I started out strong and Episode II had a decent reception, but interest had significantly waned by Episode III. When Episodes I and II were re-released on the Nintendo DS, even those sold poorly in Japan and never got a release in any other region.
  • I don't know who owns the rights to these games - they were made by Monolith Soft and originally published by Namco. Monolith Soft was bought out by Nintendo in 2007, so if Monolith Soft retained the rights to these games, then the games are currently owned by Nintendo.

All of this is a damn shame for anybody interested in playing these games. There aren't very many non-Japanese copies of Episode III available (used region 1 copies typically cost AT LEAST $80 on eBay), so playing the entire trilogy is expensive. A man can dream, though...

25 minutes ago, WalIflower said:

I love those games! I bought a brand new copy of Episode 1 4 years ago but both of my PS2's refused to load it, very sad :(

I still have my copy of Xenosaga I

The story was amazing, and so were the cutscenes and world building. It will always be the definitive Xenosaga out of the 3 for me. They changed the art style and even voice actors in II and III and that was a huge turn off for me. If I remember the interviews from back then correctly it was because Monolith thought that the character design was 'part' of the problem for sales of I in the US. They were wrong :'(

Would still love them on ps4 though, such a great game. Hell great just to sit back and watch all the cutscenes again for the story. 

They were ahead of their time, it would imo sell better than Xenoblade/2 nowadays.

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

Pretty sure I responded to this thread earlier but if not, my wishlist would be:

Monster Rancher 3

Monster Rancher 4

Monster Rancher Evo 

SSX 

SSX Tricky

Magic Pengel

Probably some more but those were off the top of my head this "fine" morning where I have had the worst cold of my entire life this whole week and when will it end. 

• 3 years later...