Finally!

Gommes_

I'm honestly not enjoying it

The combat system is confusing or badly done. And it feels far too linear, obviously I'm not far in but I also majorly dislike the lack of a healing spell, even a single one. Hate being forced to heal with potions

Also, it's repetitive and I'm bored after two hours :(

Wasted £11.99 as I thought I'd enjoy it

So after my initial first impressions I decided to continue on from mid-way through Chapter 2. Just finished Chapter 5, dabbled in Toady Synthesis and created my first two items in Factory so I thought I'd update my opinion

That update is; wow, I was wrong

This game is fantastic. I went into it all wrong originally, using skills, changing battle parameters to "Go All Out" and generally exploring a tonne has made me see this game for what it is

Battle system picks up a tonne when you actually use Revelations, Toady is useful and the Factory is a fun albeit time-sink of a past-time

I'm still not digging the story all that much but everything else is much better

Anyone not enjoying this, persevere until the 10 hour mark and you'll probably be enjoying it as much as I am :3

• Like 2

So after my initial first impressions I decided to continue on from mid-way through Chapter 2. Just finished Chapter 5, dabbled in Toady Synthesis and created my first two items in Factory so I thought I'd update my opinion

That update is; wow, I was wrong

This game is fantastic. I went into it all wrong originally, using skills, changing battle parameters to "Go All Out" and generally exploring a tonne has made me see this game for what it is

Battle system picks up a tonne when you actually use Revelations, Toady is useful and the Factory is a fun albeit time-sink of a past-time

I'm still not digging the story all that much but everything else is much better

Anyone not enjoying this, persevere until the 10 hour mark and you'll probably be enjoying it as much as I am :3

I am glad to see you've somewhat changed your opinion :) The story will indeed remain mostly predictable, linear and simple for the entirety of the game, but I still enjoyed it when I played this for the first time years ago ^^ The gameplay and features however are fun (most of them, any way) and I love the cel-shaded graphics. There's also a lot of similiarities to the FFs that I love from the more obvious XII ones to subtle similiarities like the early airship crash that is very similiar to the crash of the Prima Vista in FF IX.

I would but do not own the ps4 copy to write it I would be able to tell you certain things but you could also find walkthrough and guides out there already from the ps2 copy your most annoying trophies for this is to get someone to level 99(grind) or become rank S in the Insectron championship (for those you dislike mini games).