Potential glitches and unobtainable trophies.

AlmondRouka

1 hour ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

So do you have any tips to share for a new Player like me ? :D

If you're just now playing, I would recommend playing with crystal since she has higher max hp than any other character and her shield ability is really useful, especially if you have throne butt

As for mutations, the HP mutations are pretty useful in guaranteeing your survivability, with Rhino Skin and Strong Spirit being the highest priority mutations to get overall (the former increases your HP from 8 to 12, the latter protects you from getting damaged from a hit that would have killed you and it's rechargable)

As for offensive mutations, Stress and Trigger Fingers are really good to have on melee weapons and other slow fire rate weapons, Scary face is also really good since it lowers the enemy's max hp (paired with gamma guts is extremely useful), and Long Reach is a must have if you have a melee weapon

And while I'm talking about mutations, Eagle Eyes, Extra feet, Open Mind, and Shotgun Shells are all absolutely worthless mutations, I recommend completely ignore those if they pop up on your mutation screen

As for weapons, that's really based on personal preference, though I think melee weapons are really really good due to being able to deflect bullets (and are also great benefitters from trigger fingers, stress, and long reach) and explosive weapons you should probably avoid unless you happened to pick up Boiling Veins

All in all, you're most likely going to die a lot before even reaching the throne and the more you die, the more you learn. And the most important piece of advice I have to give is to have fun playing it, otherwise what's the point

Hope you reach the nuclear throne in due time brother

• Like 1

It's over. Good riddance indeed

57d50c98af1f7ff881922dc679b3f0cd774f7e39

a528684a729098acaf19ebeff1f84afcc74f18ba

I think this is the last thing that I'm doing for this game, I already have around 200 hours shared across the vita and ps4 version. Plus, I don't really want to grind for crowns for every character. I'm happy for where I'm at now

It's been a pleasure, boys.

Edited by cosmic-mania
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, cosmic-mania said:

It's over. Good riddance indeed

57d50c98af1f7ff881922dc679b3f0cd774f7e39

a528684a729098acaf19ebeff1f84afcc74f18ba

I think this is the last thing that I'm doing for this game, I already have around 200 hours shared across the vita and ps4 version. Plus, I don't really want to grind for crowns for every character. I'm happy for where I'm at now

It's been a pleasure, boys.

Congratz man! 

You do know about the "bug", that you can get loop 1 crowns in loop 0, do you? 

I am just asking because, you're so close to the plat now. 

7 hours ago, UltraRareBoy said:

Tell me moreeeeeee howwwwww :D

You only need to get the loop crowns with one Char; I prefered Fish because he gets the Guitar during Throne II fight.

In the char selection choose a loop crown with your Char and then choose random. If its not your loop crown Char, Exit the game and do the same until you have your loop crown Char. When you finally get him, instead of exiting the game, just retry it. You'll keep the crown but since you play with 'random Char' you play someone else. Now finish throne and you Unlock the crown.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mori said:

You only need to get the loop crowns with one Char; I prefered Fish because he gets the Guitar during Throne II fight.

In the char selection choose a loop crown with your Char and then choose random. If its not your loop crown Char, Exit the game and do the same until you have your loop crown Char. When you finally get him, instead of exiting the game, just retry it. You'll keep the crown but since you play with 'random Char' you play someone else. Now finish throne and you Unlock the crown.

Thank You this will definietly help.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mori said:

Oh shit I didn't even know about this, thank you!

On second thought yeah I think I'm going for the plat now lol

Edited by cosmic-mania
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone for all these useful tips! I just started a week or two ago, so still a wet behind the ears noob. Getting my ass handed to me over and over but it's quite addicting and I keep coming back for more! Got my first loop a few days ago and have looped twice more since, so I'm definitely improving. I appreciate all these tips that will definitely come in handy once I get to that point ??

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, integra_93GS-R said:

@KaKrackle @Mori @cosmic-mania I'm curious as to how many hours you all have longed in? I'm at about 35 hours of playtime, have looped 7 times, and my best run is L1 1-2 with Steroids. I was just kinda curious as to how I stacked up to the pros!

I am at around 130h now, 40h of those are just with Melting due to two trophies (Unstoppable and Everything Hurts). Despite everyone advising not to play Melting in the beginning, its exactly what I did. If it was a good idea or not, I cant really tell.

Dont worry, it took me a lot of time to get good at the game and I wouldnt say you're doing bad so far; seven loops after 35 hours is decent.

10 hours ago, integra_93GS-R said:

@KaKrackle @Mori @cosmic-mania I'm curious as to how many hours you all have longed in? I'm at about 35 hours of playtime, have looped 7 times, and my best run is L1 1-2 with Steroids. I was just kinda curious as to how I stacked up to the pros!

I'm flattered you consider me a pro!

Anyway, I had 130-140~ hours on the vita version with 78 hours on the PS4, so easily over 200+. I think I'll reach 300 once I unlock all crowns.

And for my personal best run, it was L2 7-1 with YV. I honestly wanna try to make it to loop 3 just so I can encounter the IDPD freaks before officially quitting the game overall.

Honestly I wasn't even expecting the hour count to be that high, this game is truly addictive.

Edited by cosmic-mania

11 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Just a short question, is there anywhere a list, what i've to do dir the 100% Trophy?1f914.png1f605.png

No, I've mostly been googling for all the game questions I had.

Though if I'm being honest, I have been thinking about writing a trophy guide for the game myself but I'm not familiar with the guidelines for publishing one on the site or great at writing in a professional manner. I may do it though if motivation peeks its head in.

Edited by cosmic-mania
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, cosmic-mania said:

Though if I'm being honest, I have been thinking about writing a trophy guide for the game myself but I'm not familiar with the guidelines for publishing one on the site or great at writing in a professional manner. I may do it though if motivation peeks its head in.

Well a Guide would be Really helpful?

The only thing i found was a short steam guide.

You could also write the Guide together with other people i think, or ask @BlindMango for help :D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mori said:

I am at around 130h now, 40h of those are just with Melting due to two trophies (Unstoppable and Everything Hurts). Despite everyone advising not to play Melting in the beginning, its exactly what I did. If it was a good idea or not, I cant really tell.

Dont worry, it took me a lot of time to get good at the game and I wouldnt say you're doing bad so far; seven loops after 35 hours is decent.

I certainly appreciate your words of encouragement! I actually took your advice last night, as I usually shied away from using Melting. Believe it or not, I beat my previous record and made it to Mom on L1 2-1 with him. Of course I had to use Strong Spirit and Rhino Skin, but I was geeked nonetheless! 

11 hours ago, cosmic-mania said:

I'm flattered you consider me a pro!

Anyway, I had 130-140~ hours on the vita version with 78 hours on the PS4, so easily over 200+. I think I'll reach 300 once I unlock all crowns.

And for my personal best run, it was L2 7-1 with YV. I honestly wanna try to make it to loop 3 just so I can encounter the IDPD freaks before officially quitting the game overall.

Honestly I wasn't even expecting the hour count to be that high, this game is truly addictive.

Heck yes you are! The trophies for this game are Ultra Rare for very good reason, and the fact that the only one you're missing is the 100% trophy speaks volumes to your skills. No doubt making it that far is also very impressive! I just have to take breaks when I start getting frustrated with crappy RNG or cheap spawn-deaths. 

10 hours ago, cosmic-mania said:

Hey, this site actually makes it quite fun and easy! I just finished my 3rd guide last week for Death Road to Canada. I usually don't make guides unless I already have the plat, but I would be happy to collaborate and get one started if either of you would be interested. I have a very good idea of what is necessary for each trophy, but since I haven't for one example reached level Ultra as Skeleton, I don't have the best advice for making something like that happen. Quite truthfully, looking at @Mori's excellent tips right above, I would use a lot of that advice anyway for the guide. 

Edited by integra_93GS-R
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Mori said:

13. Everything Hurts

Reach the Nuclear Throne with Melting without choosing Rhino Skin or Strong Spirit.

This is a tough one. You'll have to "only" reach the NT, not defeat it, *snip*

15. Blood Blood Blood
Reach the Nuclear Throne in under 10 minutes as Plant.

While it is possible to kill (trophy description is not right, you need to kill it) *snip*

Reaching the nuclear throne means sitting on it for some reason, so you have to kill it for Everything Hurts too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Theladozz said:

Reaching the nuclear throne means sitting on it for some reason, so you have to kill it for Everything Hurts too.

You're right, Thanks for pointing it out, I'll edit my Post.

On 6/9/2019 at 1:30 AM, GoodVulture said:

so as things stand the consensus is to not play this game on vita due to glitches/bugs?

The vita version is "fine" to play, but the PS4 version is vastly superior due to being the only one having a patch to fix some things like having crowns and b skins being selectable when it wasn't possible before, the game randomly crashing at some places, and of course the plant b skin trophy.

However, some bugs in the vita version are actually pretty useful, such as elite shielders not being able to teleport and Skeleton being able to retain Melting's mutuations, which is really useful for Unstoppable (I don't know if the PS4 version has this skeleton bug as well but I wouldn't be surprised if it was patched out, feel free to correct me)

But yeah anyway the ps4 version is better but the vita version also isn't unbearably buggy if you wanna play it on the go or something. It is the system I used to get most of the trophies afterall.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, cosmic-mania said:

The vita version is "fine" to play, but the PS4 version is vastly superior due to being the only one having a patch to fix some things like having crowns and b skins being selectable when it wasn't possible before, the game randomly crashing at some places, and of course the plant b skin trophy.

However, some bugs in the vita version are actually pretty useful, such as elite shielders not being able to teleport and Skeleton being able to retain Melting's mutuations, which is really useful for Unstoppable (I don't know if the PS4 version has this skeleton bug as well but I wouldn't be surprised if it was patched out, feel free to correct me)

But yeah anyway the ps4 version is better but the vita version also isn't unbearably buggy if you wanna play it on the go or something. It is the system I used to get most of the trophies afterall.

thanks for the response, so to clarify are you saying the plat is unobtainable on vita because plant's b-skin cant be unlocked? are there any other reasons why the plat would be unobtainable? with no cross platform save is there any point in playing on vita if every single trophy is encompassed by the ultra mutant 100% unlock trophy? appreciate any further info :)

On 6/15/2019 at 2:08 PM, GoodVulture said:

thanks for the response, so to clarify are you saying the plat is unobtainable on vita because plant's b-skin cant be unlocked? are there any other reasons why the plat would be unobtainable? with no cross platform save is there any point in playing on vita if every single trophy is encompassed by the ultra mutant 100% unlock trophy? appreciate any further info :)

Nah, Plant's B Skin can be obtained, it's just that the achievement for it just won't pop up.