Potential glitches and unobtainable trophies.

AlmondRouka

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for all the good info on this misleadingly titled thread, its the best info on nuclear throne ps4 plat i ve found. Just to skite,  i unlocked good riddance last night after about 10 hrs of agony over a couple weeks. 

My brute force method worked first time after dying with Crown of guns 3 times at level 9 and needing a couple days off to get re motivated after my first screaming/controller slamming ragequit in about 30 years of part time gaming.     Yv.  Guitar in the Proto, grind to level 8 at 1-2 vault with Hatred to ease the way to 3-2, entered 3-2 vault at mid level nine.  Retrieved the golden wrench so i didnt accidentally kill the guardian and hit ultra, first time i got the golden nuke.  Gun Gun method apparently works, but a couple 1 hour sessions turned up nothing for me.

I got Everything hurts on this weeks weekly as well. The oasis route is severe to start then a total breeze.  2nd time after reaching oasis(50 trys to reach twice) after 10 hours and giving up previously. Pick long arms. Worth a shot if struggling.  Playing hardmode before may help as well.

Thanks again for sharing info.

I have a couple tips that are hard earned.  Take with a grain of salt.  Some of these are posted previously.

1. Stress and Gatling bazooka are a killah (for you) combo. Auto grenade shotgun also works.  

2.  You only need to drop something in the proto to save it.  If you get the softlock you can maybe find a silver lining to make a future run easier.  If you die to the guardian it will not save. 

3.  Energy sword is overated. Guitar, lighting hammer, golden wrench, shovel are my favorites.  Super bazooka gets it done as well.

4. You only need to kill the throne to unlock a crown, and its possible to unlock post loop crowns on L0.

5. Hard mode is half baked, but but may be a easy way to unlock horror and rebels b skins with crown of hatred.

6. This is likely a multi year plat.  Take your time.  I put in 40 hours, unlocked 1 crown, died in 1-1 l1 every time, put it away as impossible, and 70 hours back after sekiro and i have unstoppable and rebels b skin as the last real challenges. 

7.  The struggle is real.  This is a frustrating game.

8.  Play the weeklies, it can unlock post loop crowns which can then be played L0 with other characters.

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, maisie666 said:

1. Stress and Gatling bazooka are a killah combo. Auto grenade shotgun also works.

Beware though, if you are too low on HP, lets say 1/8, you shoot rockets so fast, that they will explode in your face and will kill you. Happened to me twice while fighting the throne.

Yeah, its a lesson that has to be learnt a couple times.  I won t touch that combo anymore.  It took me a while to work out the connection that stress and automatic explosives will kill you everytime, and like you said,  its usually at the throne where you hit full auto for the first time in a run, and wonder where it all went wrong.  Its kind of like explosive jackhammer if you have boiling veins.  I wrote it as a poor joke to help make the connection.

I read using lightning hammer underwater at oasis has the same end result of killing yourself blood hammer style.

Edited by maisie666

• 4 weeks later...

ROARRHH!!.  I AM ULTRA MUTANT!!

Ultra Mutant was soothing, much more engaging than Frifles challenge.  Unstoppable is quite tough, i got lucky, and Hammerhead glitched and stayed with skeleton, so when i got my usual shit spawn in the Palace i was able to survive.  It took me 1.5 hours to hit Ultra, it was a very slow nervous run.

What a great game, but i m happy to move onto bubble bobble for a change of pace.   

Edited by maisie666

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Is the Not Bad trophy an online affair or can it be done offline? I ask because the devs are going under soon and if this trophy is online, there's a possibility (not a guarantee) the servers could be switched off once the devs are gone.

I'm not 100% sure but it seems like an online affair so you're better off getting it out the way as soon as you can. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Not Badトロフィーはオンラインで行われるのですか、それともオフラインで行うことができますか?開発者が間もなく下に行き、このトロフィーがオンラインの場合、開発者がいなくなったらサーバーがオフになる可能性がある(保証ではない)ので、私は尋ねます。

• I am convinced that the game depends on the server not to have had been able to play before.
    A server revived when I asked it.

Edited by syai0306

• 4 months later...

Hey there,

I've been playing for a few weeks, dailies and a couple normal runs to slowly getting better at the game.

My best so far is 7-1 where I die all the time. Could be a mix of lack of awareness on enemies patterns, stress and bad luck.

I tend to loose a lot on lil hunter, things gets messy there. between him pounding ground and shooting among other enemies with unpredictable patterns; it gets pretty chaotic.

On mutations:

- I always seem to pick these ones as they help generate ammo and HP (I always seem to run out of ammo on later stages even with those mutations on)

Lucky Shot, Rabbit Paw, Recycle Gland, Bloodlust, they are almost always my primary choices

- Scarier Face I almost always pick because why not kill enemies faster

- Shotgun Shoulders I also almost always pick because I like my shotguns but it feels pretty useless on open areas where shotgun doesnt seem to perform well

- Boiling Veins I need to pick more often cuz it could have saved me numerous times...

- Open Mind I pick if there's no better option

- Long Arms I only pick when I got a very good melee weapon but i mostly don't get mutations that synergizes well with that (Trigger Fingers /  Stress), never had a good melee run so far.

- Laser Brain I almost never pick because I don't get that many enery weapons and also run out of ammo pretty fast with those.

- Eagle Eyes doesnt seem that usefu,l or I just didnt get the right weapons for it ?

- Bolt Marrow (seeker bolts) i tend to avoid because it's not that useful imo, missing shots even when seeking, running out of bolts too.

I mostly play as Crystal now but as soon as i clear a run with it I'll play as others.

Am I making bad decisions here ?

I'm curious on how long did it take to people here to reach throne for the first time ? I'm kind loosing hope here.

I'm gonna take it slow but I'll get there eventually.

Thanks for all the info in this thread, it was super helpful !

Edited by Okoteiru
edit

I

On 1/29/2021 at 2:40 AM, Okoteiru said:

Hey there,

I've been playing for a few weeks, dailies and a couple normal runs to slowly getting better at the game.

My best so far is 7-1 where I die all the time. Could be a mix of lack of awareness on enemies patterns, stress and bad luck.

I tend to loose a lot on lil hunter, things gets messy there. between him pounding ground and shooting among other enemies with unpredictable patterns; it gets pretty chaotic.

On mutations:

- I always seem to pick these ones as they help generate ammo and HP (I always seem to run out of ammo on later stages even with those mutations on)

Lucky Shot, Rabbit Paw, Recycle Gland, Bloodlust, they are almost always my primary choices

- Scarier Face I almost always pick because why not kill enemies faster

- Shotgun Shoulders I also almost always pick because I like my shotguns but it feels pretty useless on open areas where shotgun doesnt seem to perform well

- Boiling Veins I need to pick more often cuz it could have saved me numerous times...

- Open Mind I pick if there's no better option

- Long Arms I only pick when I got a very good melee weapon but i mostly don't get mutations that synergizes well with that (Trigger Fingers /  Stress), never had a good melee run so far.

- Laser Brain I almost never pick because I don't get that many enery weapons and also run out of ammo pretty fast with those.

- Eagle Eyes doesnt seem that usefu,l or I just didnt get the right weapons for it ?

- Bolt Marrow (seeker bolts) i tend to avoid because it's not that useful imo, missing shots even when seeking, running out of bolts too.

I mostly play as Crystal now but as soon as i clear a run with it I'll play as others.

Am I making bad decisions here ?

I'm curious on how long did it take to people here to reach throne for the first time ? I'm kind loosing hope here.

I'm gonna take it slow but I'll get there eventually.

Thanks for all the info in this thread, it was super helpful !

I dont think you are making bad decisions, the difficulty of this game is primarily learning the underlying systems.   Mutations, enemies, character strengths, weapons, IDPD behaviour.  It takes a while.  It takes most gamers 300+ hours to plat this game, where most of the time is learning through failure and probably about 10 hours to kill the throne the first time.  The wiki is very useful.   Its hard like Spelunky, not like SMB.  Making correct split second decisions based on a lot of learning. 

You should experiment with and learn the specs of all weapons, and find your ideal style of play.  Explosives are very dangerous if you don t know what you are doing, just like in ML.  

Personally, i like to lead with a melee weapon with Long Arms, and Trigger fingers followed by strong spirit, bloodlust/rabbit paw, scary face and Lazerbrain.  Hammerhead is very useful.  Golden wrench, guitar, Lightning Hammer, Wrench, shovel, Sledgehammer(screwdriver or energy/blood melee weapons not so much).   You can return most projectiles, and never run out of ammo(beating Mom to death with a wrench is very possible) and you can pick the OP mutations instead of ammo accumulators.  For most instances i usually have a boss/IDPD killer as my secondary weapon.  Lots of damage very quickly.  Think gatling/assault slugger, Super Bazooka/Super slugger/Super crossbow, Auto Crossbow, GNL, SPC.  I think YV with Throne Butt and Super Slugger is as good as a SPC.  Reflecting sniper fire with a wrench is very satisfying.  

Yv(melee master/gungod/crib) and Fish(guitar aficionado/SPC boss) fit my playstyle very well and Melting is a lot of fun.  Crown of Blood is the best crown for Melting.  Crown of Blood is the best crown.

Little Hunter will become very easy with practice.  Heres my strat.

Spoiler

Move immediately to a safe space, and if you have Hammerhead, make an arena. Kill anything nearby, and explode any close cars. move around until you see the black spot where he is going to land.  Now,  if you are close to him he will fly off and try and land on you again.  You can usually whack him with a wrench when he lands.   IF you are medium length from him he will fire slow bouncer projectiles.  you can return these with a melee weapon, and 3 returns will kill him.  If hes is at a distance, take cover, cause he will be firing very fast. Kill any IDPD that threaten your postition.    Hide and wait til he calls for backup, thats your kill window.  Auto Crossbow. gatling Slugger will take him down quickly.  Assault/ super slugger or super crossbow(bone marrow) also work well.  With YV twice as well.  Once he is killed, get away from the explosion.  Kill him as quick as possible.  I would normally kill him in one shot with YV using left trigger and Assault Slugger/scary face mutation.  You won t always get anything close to a perfect loadout, so make sure you fight like hell with what you have.  I like to either oneshot him with yv, or melee him by returning projectiles.  Seeker Pistol is surprisingly effective as well with eagle eye shooting him around a corner.

Good luck.

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Seeing that this game got such an awesome guide, I finally took my chance with it. I was checking that plat out for years already but never quiet wanted to start. But now is a good time. Man, this game is hard, but super fun. I mostly die somewhere in the Scrapyards to traps, cars or enemies. Need to be more careful there. I play with crystal and pick mostly health mutations. Lets see how long it takes to finally reach the throne.

Anyone else still playing?

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 1:28 AM, DeathShark22 said:

Seeing that this game got such an awesome guide, I finally took my chance with it. I was checking that plat out for years already but never quiet wanted to start. But now is a good time. Man, this game is hard, but super fun. I mostly die somewhere in the Scrapyards to traps, cars or enemies. Need to be more careful there. I play with crystal and pick mostly health mutations. Lets see how long it takes to finally reach the throne.

Anyone else still playing?

Yup, still playing from time to time when I only have 10-15m of free time. It's very fun but gets much easier after some time since you know more niche details and are able to make split-second decisions easier. A long journey to the plat that's for sure tho, have only managed to finish 1-2 levels after looping...things get intense there

15 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Yup, still playing from time to time when I only have 10-15m of free time. It's very fun but gets much easier after some time since you know more niche details and are able to make split-second decisions easier. A long journey to the plat that's for sure tho, have only managed to finish 1-2 levels after looping...things get intense there

Yeah I noticed that, the first few hours I struggeld to just kill Big Bandit, now I already consistently get to Big Dog. The Scrapyard still feels super hard, especially the Assassins are the most run ender for me. Got to crystal caves twice but died to the lasers. But the gameplay is very rewarding.

• 2 weeks later...

A few advices to get unstoppable trophy. 

1) go after this trophy after you have unlocked all crowns for melting. Why? Because you ll have a lot of experience in the game. You will know how to deal with throne1, throne2 boss fights and how to kill elite cops, the worst enemies in game. They can easily kill you in a few seconds.

2) unlock golden bazooka for melting. It will be your starting weapon. You need it in 6.1 to become a skeleton. Its the easiest way, believe me. 

3) store guitar in vault. If you dont know how to do it, then you need to play more. Copy your save file to usb, in case if you die. And you ll die a lot for sure. The same trick works with gun gun, if you accidentally die in the vault while farming for golden nuke on hard.

4) take crown of hatred. It will be hard with melting and bazooka? Then you need to play more.

5) Mutations. For easy run you need: rhino skin for survival , long arms for better range, strong spirit for survival , rabbit paw for survival and farming, second stomach for survival and farming , euphoria for survival and farming. Better in the same order. These mutations will help a lot on skeleton. Extra feet, hammerhead, plutonium hunger, scarier face (for boss fights), stress are good too.

6)Take guitar in 3-2 an go to 6-1. 

7) dont kill the last necromancer and farm two or three levels on skeleton. How to do it, you can find in guide. Its quite easy and fast.

8)go to 1-2 l1 vault and farm rads till the end. Be careful not to kill guardian, I accidentally did it in ny run.

9)the order of mutations on melting and skeleton are the same. If you take hammerhead on melting then after transforming in skel you ll save that 20 or so wall tiles destructions. If you take back muscle on melting, you will save your ammo on skeleton too.

10) Fish can roll -)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...