Possible big blow to FF7 Remake might be episodic.

Daniel_Shadow170

You have to voice that square is fucking up that company needs a leader and to start having deadlines they have the talent but no one to push them. As for KH3 yes that's been on a good timetable but i wouldn't give credit to square it goes to disney and FFXV let's not bullshit 10 year's don't say versus 13 is different they aren't.

Well, FF XV is an entirely new game, they started developing it 2011 I belive. So by that logic, its bullshit God of War IV haven't been launched since they cancelled the other game they worked on before doing this. Also its bullshit that Sony Bend hasn't released their game since they had some Vita ideas that got scrapped, so now they're late with their PS4 title. Im just saying, Final Fantasy XIII Versus is a cancelled game, FF XV began development late, not 10 years ago.

Also, Squares real problem isn't that they need a leader? Their problem is that they announce things way to fucking early. KH3 got announced when it was just in the beginning of development, it won't be released until 2017 most likely. FFXV got announced at 2013 when its going to release 2016, after they announce their titles they go dead silence for like a year. I mean look at the KH3 news after it was announced, it was empty, nothing, it was as if nothing ever happened.

If Square didn't announce FF VII Remake before Nomura even knew he was the fucking director, its a sign that it is way to early. Just as early as it is to say that they fucked up the entire game because of this statement, this may be something positive. Maybe its badly pronnounced or spoken wrong of. We have NO details what so ever. And really, they may do this just because the preasure on them to deliver a Final Fantasy VII Remake is so big, that they have to release something soon. Thus splitting it up in different parts so we won't have the dead silence that FF XV had, or KH3 had. I feel like its to soon to give them shit, and if the remake doesn't appeal to you, well you have the original Final Fantasy VII on a shit ton of consoles, almost all if not every Sony console. The remake won't be the same, and thats a fact. I myself is happy about that.

So,how does this ''multi-part series'' work?I mean from your experience with other games (Walking Dead?).Let's just say that i want to grind (this IS an RPG) in part 1 while waiting (forever) for SE to release part 2.I could transfer my high level characters with their shit in part 2,right?And make it looks like i'm playing in super-noob difficulty.Or will SE tell me ''We are sorry,all the work you've done in part 1 was pointless''.Or will they put limits,like saying ''We limit your gameplay,so deal with it''.Just saying...

At this point i'm indifferent about the whole episodic format. I guess we will have to wait and see. Here's some details about Final Fantasy VII Remake.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/12/snippets-of-new-final-fantasy-vii-remake-info-from-famitsu-and-more/

Summary of some additional information from the interview translated by Rin.

• Nomura: If we make the characters real, they’ll look like real people and no one will recognize them, so we’re aiming to balance.
  • Nomura: Advent Children models are too old, so they’ve been refining the graphics and balancing reality and deformation.
  • Aside from the CG shown at the beginning of the trailer, everything is in real-time. You can alter the camera angle during the train scene.
  • Cloud’s appearance has to partially to do with the lighting and his pale skin. Nojima had said Cloud’s sickly appearance is brilliant.
  • Square Enix is working with CyberConnect 2 to develop the Final Fantasy VII Remake.
  • Cross-dressing scene will be included. Nomura has yet to work on the design, however.
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake is completely different from Crisis Core’s battle system. Not as action-y as Dissidia Arcade or KH but closer to that style.
  • The battle speed they’re aiming for is Dissidia Arcade’s. The battles we saw in the trailer are kind of like a standard to aim for.
  • Nomura can’t go into details about the battle system, but he said it’s important to note that the ATB gauge turns red. Something significant.

I think I'm okay with it. FF7 was a big game, and for them to do it in today's standards I think a lot would get cut, and they did say each part of it would be a full length game. I'm assuming it will be similar to how they handled FFXIII with its sequels.

If it is like Legend of Dragoon episode wise...then it is okay.

I think it going to piss off Physical buyers....they would want all the content on a disk...you have to wait out...while others enjoy the digital version. 

Pretty sure they will release it as both disc and digital in parts.

@MarsipanRumpan: FFXV is not exactly a entirely new game. A new title yes. The overall story and main characters are still mostly the same when transferred from Versus to XV. The new director Tabata is changing mostly everything but not enough to change the original director Nomura's vision of what Versus (XV) supposed to be.

Edited by Benfoxy83

In the end, FFVII will always exist - in about a dozen formats (including PS4 now with the release out now)

Im intersted in playing the remake to see what they do - and i hope they change it quite a lot, that will make it interesting.

If the changes work? Great. Im happy.

If not? Well - the original still exists.

Ill feel a bit let down if it feels too similar to the original - it wasnt a perfect game - it was a great one in 1998, but this is almost 20 years later, and things that were the norm or great then are old hat now.

I hope a new generation can experience a great game story, reimagined with modern tech, and that the remake is not just about appealling to me and others my age who grew up on the original.

Episodic or not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would rather they split it up into parts than cut the game to pieces. Of course, this means I expect them to not cut anything. At all.

Apart from that, my only concern is how they will be applying this. Do we have to pay 60 dollars for each part or will it be a one time payment and that is it? Things like that are what have me worried.

After 10 year's of shit they announce a remake of their best title and fuck that up ya no many people seen this as a way to apologize for ff13 to fuck up Final Fantasy 7 is the worst thing they couldv'e done might as well say fuck the fans.

I wouldn't really consider FF7 to be their best title. Square was at its best in the SNES days. Between FF4, 5, 6, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana they were completely on fire.

I would rather they split it up into parts than cut the game to pieces. Of course, this means I expect them to not cut anything. At all.

Apart from that, my only concern is how they will be applying this. Do we have to pay 60 dollars for each part or will it be a one time payment and that is it? Things like that are what have me worried.

You think a game from almost 20 years ago is too big to fit on a Blu-Ray? Trust me they aren't splitting it up because they are short on space.