Underrated or Obscure Games

Tristan1138

Probably a little more well known today than it was a few years ago but a PS2 game from Capcom called Haunting Ground, sort of survival horror meets hide-and-seek. Also on the PS2 an rpg from Square Enix, Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria was amazing with a gorgeous soundtrack if you're looking for something to listen to. 

• Like 2

Okay. So I've mentioned recently that I've sold my PS4 and I'm rebuilding my PS2 library. Been on the hunt for some obscure games as of late, so I went to Wikipedia to see the list for every PS2 game EVER made. List of All Ps2 Games 

And I came across a game called "Freaky Sex Club". WTF is that??!! Scroll down on the list to the F section and you'll find it listed there. It would appear the game never got made, as I've searched almost everywhere for it. Maybe this game was just a rumor, or a project that never got the green light? Nevertheless, I'd like to know more about it, like, what developer was penned in to produce this? Who was the intended publisher etc, etc.

22 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

Another obscure PS2 game that almost never gets mentioned is Michigan: Report From Hell. Although most people seem to hate it, I think it looks okay and would love to get my hands on a copy.

You'd think it would have been imported like crazy here (in Michigan), even though it takes place in Chicago and is only named after the Lake, not the state. I may have to track one of these things down myself!

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

You'd think it would have been imported like crazy here (in Michigan), even though it takes place in Chicago and is only named after the Lake, not the state. I may have to track one of these things down myself!

Surprisingly, the price for used copies aren't too steep on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/Michigan-Japan/dp/B00027X9ZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482196009&sr=8-1&keywords=michigan+report+from+hell

Edit: Never mind the link above, this version of the game doesn't support the English language.

Edited by jackmadrox
correction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ghost Trick - a DS game made by the same guy as Ace Attorney
Parodius (at least outside of Japan?) - a fun and wacky shmup (there's a PSP collection of all 5 games)

Retro Game Challenge (DS)
The rhythm game genre (except guitar hero and DDR) in general outside Japan - Some of my faves are Rhythm Heaven/Paradise(GBA, DS, Wii, 3DS), Taiko no Tatsujin(lots of consoles), Ouendan + Elite Beat Agents(DS), Gitaroo Man (ps2/psp), Hatsune Miku Project Diva (all playstations since psp - the gameplay is still great even if you're not a huge Vocaloid fan, though it does help not to HATE them...), Project Mirai (3ds)... to mention a few.

Starfy (DS)

Edited by Zanreo

On 12/28/2016 at 6:03 PM, ZachBoardyHD said:

I would say The Legend of spyro trilogy and the Legacy of Kain series are very underrated... What I would do if they both got remastered for the PS4! <3

Uhmm, how about no to Legend, but yes to the PSOne Spyro trilogy. 

22 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

But the original Spyro games were never under rated, they were one of the best selling games on the PS1,  whereas The legend series I thought was fantastic was very under rated.

When you put it that way, it'd be nice to get any Spyro remaster as long as it's not Skylanders version.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

When you put it that way, it'd be nice to get any Spyro remaster as long as it's not Skylanders version.

Defiantly agree with you on that. I would love a remaster of both but very unlikely, the original series I reckon will get remastered for 2019/2020 after the success of Crash hits (the crash remaster will clearly sell millions without a doubt) just fingers crossed for Spyro... With Skylanders even though it's 'classed' a spyro game/spin off, to me it will never be a spyro game haha ?