Thoughts on trophies?

rgeGeo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any tips for arcade mode? It's a bitch, and when I first picked it up I gave it a whirl a few times.. Made it to the stage 5 boss but I got crushed every time. Now that I'm a lil past the half way mark in the campaign I might have more luck with it.. But damn man.. It's not a walk in the park, for sure..

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/10/2021 at 0:59 PM, The-Smiths-85 said:

Important reminder for future players: don't listen to the guide on playstation trophies. The guy who made it mentions that campaign trophies can get glitched after spending too much time in arcade mode (which is true)...However...He also states that you can come back to that mode to continue grinding for 100k aliens trophy. The truth is you mustn't. I had to delete my save and start grinding from scratch, all because I got bored and decided to complete arcade before getting back to campaign. So in the end the plat took me longer than it actually should. If you're aiming at platinum yourself just save yourself time and complete everything in campaign first, along with eliminating 100k aliens.

PS Good route for grinding should be considered the one which ends in Entropy as it has around 1500 aliens and most of them are the smaller/weaker ones.

So I'm confused, what gets bugged out and how?

What I'm gathering is, playing arcade mode before getting the quest & kill related trophies, bugs them out. Making it so that completing quests doesn't pop trophies and killing enemies in Campaign mode doesn't add to the counter anymore? Or does it completely bug out the counter regardless of the mode? Any confirmation would be wonderful.

My theory is that the arcade mode kills don't count towards your overall total, but somehow permanently overwrites your campaign kill count (and possibly your campaign quest status). Making grinding campaign mode fruitless, and maybe arcade mode's stats save per playthrough, meaning they aren't cumulative.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with this game.

Since there's no kill-counter to confirm my current stats, I'm hesitant to mindlessly grind kills to possibly no avail due to a rumored glitch, because I'd have to delete my save and restart anyway if it were to exist. On the flip side, I also don't want to immediately delete my save and re-grind all of my resources, items, and money all over again because I've already built my ship out to my liking; not to mention starting from 0 kills... Getting 100,000 kills is my last trophy for the platinum.

Unfortunately, I'm certain the devs don't give a shit about their product to confirm or remedy the issue which is shamefully common practice with games, especially with an 8 year old, indie project. Bought it for $1.50 though, so they definitely know it's worth.

An estimated 15 hour re-grind will likely shove this to the dark corners of my backlog LOL

8 hours ago, Long-Ryde said:

So I'm confused, what gets bugged out and how?

What I'm gathering is, playing arcade mode before getting the quest & kill related trophies, bugs them out. Making it so that completing quests doesn't pop trophies and killing enemies in Campaign mode doesn't add to the counter anymore? Or does it completely bug out the counter regardless of the mode? Any confirmation would be wonderful.

The "Kill 100,000 aliens" is the only glitched trophy from what I know. In order to avoid the glitch you must kill 100k enemies in the Campaign mode BEFORE heading to the Arcade mode.

What my problem was is that I got bored after spending some time in the Campaign and started the Arcade. Then I remembered that I shouldn't be doing this and returned to the story, completed it and started grinding the kills there. After like 1-2h the "Kill 100,000 aliens" still didn't pop and I was sure I made the glitch (I even done the "maths" for it, counting how many enemies I kill every stage and during what time). According to the whole story I should have had it at this point.

I think the other Campaign trophies aren't broken in any way because they did pop, even after returning from the Arcade mode. Feel free to ask if you have more questions as my explanation can be a little bit confusing. Good luck!

PS When I realized I've glitched this trophy I've deleted my save and started the raw grind for it. It didn't take that long but I did sink a couple hours into this from what I remember...As I've mentioned in my initial post - if you would have to do the sole grind for the 100k of aliens then try choosing the route which ends in Entropy whenever the game lets you. There's a lot of weak enemies there and around 1500 of them. You can always copy your save onto cloud or a pen-drive to protect your save...I know it won't be helpful in the grind itself though. I can't say for sure that the glitch exists but I'm 95% sure it does. I should have got it after completing the Campaign, the amount of routes I took back then and after the grind afterwards. Hope this helps.

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Additional information.