Trophy New Years Resolutions 2016

Edunstar84

I successfully completed all my 2015 goals. Hopefully I'll succeed this year as well:

Top 10000 worldwide

95% completion

Finish all PS3 stuff I have in my backlog

I'm enjoying BO 3 so much that I think I will stop hunting seriously. So I guess I'll just delete this goals although I'm still gonna try to achieve a 95% completion rate.

So I had an idea, and I think I just might do it. 

As of right now im 70 platinums away from 300. I could probably just go ballistic like this year and reach that goal fairly easily, but I wanted to do something a little different that may test me a bit more. Im thinking of doing 10 platinums for 7 genres.

10 FPS

10 (J)RPGs

10 Adventure/VN's

10 Fighters 

10 Sports games

10 Racing Games

10 Platformers

What the games are remains to be seen, but I quite like this idea and thats my official goal for 2016. 10 Racing and Fighter platinums will definitely test me the most, but im looking forward to it. 

• Like 4

These are my 2 trophy goals for the year of 2016. Count 'em, 2, I know right, never thought you'd see a number so big.

1: TEN OR LESS PLATINUM TROPHIES.

"But Dylan, don't you mean ten or more? Nope. No I damn well don't. Know why? Ever since I got kicked off the leaderboards (and gaming sessions, 100% clubs, first achievers lists, I also lost the ability to compare my PSN profile with anyone, and I get labelled as a cheater wherever I go) the competitive aspect of trophy hunting is completely gone for me. I want 2016 to be the first year in years where I can honestly say every game I've played, I played because I was having fun. Sure, there will be the odd game that I will love completing to 100% and that's a given, but I'm hoping there isn't too many of them, I'm hoping I stumble into a few more Just Cause 2 situations where I find myself balls deep in a world where everything I do excites me and every single corner hides something new to do behind it. And don't say "But you're popping a bunch of plats on your second account for the Platinum Rain Day, you've already failed this goal, durrrr!" because 1: Fuck you, 2: It's on my second account, and 3: Differing timezones around the world mean the new year hasn't officially started everywhere at the time I'll be popping them so I'm going to apply the "it's 5 o'clock somewhere principal".

2: PLAY MORE WITH THE GIRLFRIEND.

So long as we're probably going to get out of the house a lot less on account of a baby popping out of her in February, I'd like to spend more time playing games with the girlfriend. We still play Call of Duty every now and then but we used to play a lot more of it and a decent bit of things like Tony Hawk, Mario Kart, and even Splatoon while it was new. However in the last few months we've stopped playing as much as we used to, granted we've been going out a lot more too, and sleeping in more on account of finally being done with school and being on holiday, but yeah. This isn't a direct trophy related kind of goal, but it's a gaming goal I guess. Might kickstart this one a bit early and see if she's up for some Tony Hawk 3 tomorrow, it being Christmas and all, what better way to celebrate than to stay home and play one of the best games of all time?

My 2016 Goals are to:

1.) Reach a completion rate of 60% (Currently at 38.69%).

2.) Reach 100 platinums (Currently at 55).

3.) Reach 7,500 trophies altogether (Currently at 5,073).

4.) Platinum Assassin's Creed II (the game glitches when I got the final feather and did not receive the platinum so I have to go back and play the whole game).

5.) Lastly, I want to go back and play all of the Fallout Games to completion.

- Reach a total of 20 plats.

- For every game I buy I must complete 2 others.

- At least 1 Ultra Rare plat.

- Complete games so I can join in the PP threads.

- Learn to grind efficiently, with TV or music on instead of putting it off and never completing it.

With college and other hobbies it will no doubt be plenty to keep me busy.

Edited by Maftet

well id say finish up most of my backlog, i say most, because its always growing and wont ever end. Depends what games i play. Most lately are in the 30-60 hour range so its a lot of work. I want at least 7000 trophies by 2016. i want the Dark Souls Trilogy all Plat, and Demons. Plat FF XV when it comes out. and retire around 7000-8000 trophies. so ill say goals are......

- 45-50 Platinums (at 40 now)

- 7000 Trophies (5630 area now?)

- Plat FFXV cus it took for ever to come out so i may as well 100% to make it worth the wait and get my value out of it.casual gamin

and retire from casual gaming, so ill play like VERY FEW select games yearly i suppose. just due to the fact my gf is more important. Real accomplishments > games.

I did the MP trophies in regular open games, no boosting, the online was still very busy with no problems joining games.

If anything the only problem I had in the end was a little bit of boredom, as week 12 twice is bit much.

Here are four of my multiplayer rounds I uploaded, I hope the link works (please let me know if it does not).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDT_r3dLaW7WPSY8I8p4M5A

• Like 1

I did the MP trophies in regular open games, no boosting, the online was still very busy with no problems joining games.

If anything the only problem I had in the end was a little bit of boredom, as week 12 twice is bit much.

Here are four of my multiplayer rounds I uploaded, I hope the link works (please let me know if it does not).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDT_r3dLaW7WPSY8I8p4M5A

The link does work  :)

I don't know if i ever will start TLOU. 

What i want to accomplish in 2016:

- Plat GTA Vice City

- Plat GTA San Andreas

- Plat COD BO III

and trying to get at least to have 70 platinums in total. Hopefully get over that number.

• Like 1

Well seeing as I only failed 1 goal for this year that being raising my completion percentage up to a certain point I think I can hopefully reach these goals:

• 225 platinums
  • 11,000 trophies
  • 250 games at 100%
  • Completion at 80%
  • Platinum rank in Neptune, Baka Hentai!, BlazBlue, KEY VN, 5pb.'s Science Adventure and Devil May Cry PP threads
  • Gold rank in Dengeki Bunko, Tales of, Dragons, Kiseki and Atelier PP threads
  • Silver rank in Shounen Jump, Final Fantasy and Ratchet & Clank PP threads
Edited by Kochiya Shana
  • Like 1

First and foremost, I would like to reach 100 Platinum trophies (currently at 78).

Games I have already started and want to Platinum in 2016:-

- Uncharted 2 (Nathan Drake Collection)

- GTA V

- Far Cry 2

- Metal Gear Solid 2 HD

- Silent Hill 2 HD

- Rayman Legends

- Tekken 6

- Driveclub

- Red Dead Redemption

- WWE 2K16

Games I want to start playing and Platinum in 2016:-

- Uncharted 3 (Nathan Drake Collection)

- Uncharted 4

- GTA IV

- Metal Gear Solid 4: GOTP

- Metal Gear Solid V: TPP

- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

- Silent Hill Downpour

- Far Cry 3

- Far Cry 4

- Star Wars Battlefront

- Rise of the Tomb Raider

- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

- The Last of Us: Remastered

- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

- All of the God of War games

This is a very optimistic list because I don't have as much time to play games as others, but I want to Platinum at least half of the games on this list and also reach 100 Platinums :)

Edited by Dreamcatcher4891