Furbar Difficulty

Ac3dUd3-

It would have been more of a pleasure with smart team members and a better cover-to-cover system. Every time either your team mate is down on the open or you have to run away from grenade and when you do Walker takes cover a feet away from the grenade and dies.

Edited by Sikatiiker

not bragging at all here, but are people really having trouble with this? i only died here and there had very little problems with it. 

Same here, only hard part was the Pit (?), where you start with just your pistol.

Well the parking depot of chapter 10 is a good example of what makes this game difficulty on fubar. This is getting annoying, I'm getting out of plans. Team mates rush in the front and I stay back to snipe enemies and tag them for my team mates (if I don't they seem not to know who to shoot and get shot). Then comes the heavy, puts them both down and takes all my time and concentrate for a minute. At this point, when I get to kill the heavy I gotta run to save my team mates and the other side is flooding with enemies.

I don't know what to do since I'm not that super fast runner or a shooter to take them all down in a few seconds and heal my honorable soldiers who I cannot protect either because they're up in the front when the heavy comes.

Edit: Going to do it for a couple of times and quit if it doesn't work out the way I'm doing it. This is the most frustrating thing on gaming for a while. I keep fighting and do my best, trying other tactics and then - Adams and Lugo just rush in the front and screw it all up.

Edited by Sikatiiker

• 1 month later...

I'm at chapter 14 which is the last combat chapter and right now i'm fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. I had to eventually and literally parked the game. 

I only need one trophy to plat, so i i'll go for it later. 

For the record... You see a lot of videos on You tube that looked flawless or near perfect. Those guys had a lot deaths and tons of practice. 

However, the game play on "FUBAR" difficulty is still fucking hard. (i'm trying to plat this game in a week) and trust me, i think i push out at least two grey strands of hair.

P.S Congrads to all those who have platted this game already. Your game skills has truly been tested. 

Edited by MyLordD
  • Like 1

I'm at chapter 14 which is the last combat chapter and right now i'm fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. I had to eventually and literally parked the game. 

I only need one trophy to plat, so i i'll go for it later. 

For the record... You see a lot of videos on You tube that looked flawless or near perfect. Those guys had a lot deaths and tons of practice. 

However, the game play on "FUBAR" difficulty is still fucking hard. (i'm trying to plat this game in a week) and trust me, i think i push out at least two grey strands of hair.

P.S Congrads to all those who have platted this game already. Your game skills has truly been tested. 

I platted this game not long ago but personally, for making a comparison, I think this game is just a little harder than Uncharted 1 on Crushing Mode. 

The hardest part of the game was managing Adams and Lugo A.I., the former especially. Besides that, it's the same as U1 on Crushing Mode. Not expose you more than 1-2 seconds and you'll do it.

About giving commands, Lugo was totally useful for snipers and far enemies. Adams was the clueless one for me, showing himself too much and shooting enemies in the face, so I had to revive him very often.

Also, there are some parts of the game you can do in a stealth way (like after Gould death) to make things easier.

Edited by RainyDusk

• 1 month later...

Finally got the plat.

If you paid attention to the chapters in your Suicide Mission playthrough, FUBAR will be a breeze, at least until Chapter 10.

I read the problem areas before i started, and didn't have trouble at all with them, except for the Stealing Water chapter. That was terrible.

One of your biggest enemies is going to be your own teammates, because they get off cover for no reason at all, and get killed for that.

With that in mind, FUBAR is not so difficult if you use cover properly, but it looks like after you die once, the game becomes harder.

Fubar was pretty hard but once you know what to expect is it becomes a lot easier, the most frustrating thing however is your AI teammates they go down so easy is ridiculous and I also remember dying around 20 times in the last chapter.

Yep thats wat it came done to when I had done it. Took a break for 3 months from it cause it gave me a headache and finally came back to it and finished it on FUBUR. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to admit that I liked this challenge a lot. Yes it was frustrating and a pain in the ass but besides the AI of your teammates it was never unfair and really satisfying when you made it through a tough place. You just feel like accomplishing so much by just processing through the game.

Gommes_.png

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't find FUBAR much worse than first playthrough on suicidal. I always tried to keep one good weapon what i only used on really bad emergency situations, and get more ammo to it by executions and ammoboxes. Other weapon i used was always something where i could get ammo easily by enemy drops. And always stay cover,and don't get creedy. Quick peek, couple fast shots and back to cover.

I commanded teammates a lot and didn't have much problem about them dying all the time, except one situation. Don't remember what chapter it was, but there was low hill what we needed to get up. First enemy wave could be killed easily but when u moved forward more enemies came to the top of the hill. I stopped in middle where there was cover but teammates tried to rush up and always died. That situation took me some 10+ tries because there teammates decided to go rambo all the time.

Great game still, too short by far, but really fun to play. One of my favorite shooters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I remember starting this game about a year and a half ago, and I thought I started on "Walk The Beach", but after revisiting this game, it took me about 2 hours to beat one chapter, making me think I was playing on "FUBAR", and upon completing the game, I saw it end on "Devil's Disciple" And my heart sank. I put myself through this hell, and I got to do it even harder now...fml..