Furbar Difficulty

Ac3dUd3-

well at least you didn't play it too many times like me I played walk the beach first then rising the level only then I realise that I wasted my time on where I could of just went to the second hardest to the hardest later on

..I thought I literally just said I played it on "Devil's Disciple", which alone took me a year and a half, only now to have to play on a "FUBAR" difficulty.

So, apparently this game's easy and normal mode is equal to a hellish nightmare and then hell itself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just platted it and dont understand how some people claim they had no problems. Like The Pit where a guy is approaching the car from the left and you turn to take him out and some guy ran around the car from the right side from across the screen to take you out. Granted I am not the best player around but a lot of the times I died, it was just the AI putting me in a unwinnable position. And I do not see how any player no matter how good can counter the AI basically cheating.

As for the AI of my team mates. It was really weird. Some missions they saved my ass and other times they were just plain stupid and got me killed attempting to revive them, especially Adams. 

Congrats to everyone who platted it. 

• 1 year later...

This is it, I'm always used to rage and find another guide when there's a spot where I keep fucking things up and someone just walks through looking easy. A good example is Far Cry Classic's mission where you have to sneak past the guards without being noticed for trophy. Don't know if they fixed it with an update or something but the stealth just seemed to be totally broken.

Edit: Laughed at the image of a furry bar.

Oh man, I remember that straight up where some videos I watched of how to unlock the trophy was frustrating since the stealth mechanics in that game sucks ass.

Once I read in this thread that the difficulty is hard, no exploit like in Far Cry Classic, and the AI teammates sucks, no buy for me on trying this out lol. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not too bad really once you learn the spawn points. The best bit of advice I can give you is to use not use cover as such. It makes it a lot easier to be behind cover but not actually in cover. I'm not sure that makes sense but trust me it works. It's very similar to uncharted in that respect. 

You will die a lot but when that platinum pops you do get a sense of achievement. Other than that just enjoy what I think is a very good but under appreciated game.

• 7 months later...
On 3/1/2015 at 8:33 AM, Mournblade05143 said:

Well I just platted it and dont understand how some people claim they had no problems. Like The Pit where a guy is approaching the car from the left and you turn to take him out and some guy ran around the car from the right side from across the screen to take you out. Granted I am not the best player around but a lot of the times I died, it was just the AI putting me in a unwinnable position. And I do not see how any player no matter how good can counter the AI basically cheating.

As for the AI of my team mates. It was really weird. Some missions they saved my ass and other times they were just plain stupid and got me killed attempting to revive them, especially Adams. 

Congrats to everyone who platted it. 

I don't understand it either. This game completely deserves a 7 out of 10 in the difficulty rating, because anyone who has played FUBAR should know why it's rated that high.

Personally I just find it very cheap. Took me a solid five hours to get from the beginning of Chapter 5 to the end of Chapter 10 on FUBAR, and that was trying my best. Chapter 6 and Chapter 10 were just awful. The Parking Lot was the most difficult section of the game I've encountered thus far.

Chapter 11 - 15 are what I have left, but if 13 and 14 are anything like others have said, I'm going to be in for a real torture session.

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don't understand it either. This game completely deserves a 7 out of 10 in the difficulty rating, because anyone who has played FUBAR should know why it's rated that high.

Personally I just find it very cheap. Took me a solid five hours to get from the beginning of Chapter 5 to the end of Chapter 10 on FUBAR, and that was trying my best. Chapter 6 and Chapter 10 were just awful. The Parking Lot was the most difficult section of the game I've encountered thus far.

Chapter 11 - 15 are what I have left, but if 13 and 14 are anything like others have said, I'm going to be in for a real torture session.

Youll do it eventually, dont give up, the plat popping is a great feeling on this game

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having huge troubles completing the area at the beginning of this video

Spoiler

I know, the team mates arrive faster if you kill a lot of enemies but the more I kill the more they arrive and ammos are very few, if I need to loot enemies' weapons I expose myself and die in less than 2 seconds lol

• 7 months later...
On 1/4/2019 at 6:45 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

I'm having huge troubles completing the area at the beginning of this video

Reveal hidden contents

I know, the team mates arrive faster if you kill a lot of enemies but the more I kill the more they arrive and ammos are very few, if I need to loot enemies' weapons I expose myself and die in less than 2 seconds lol

At the start you run out from behind the car to the right and grab the shotgun and the grenades near the kiosk. Then retreat back to behind the car again, make your stand from there. Try to line up your headshot with the blindfire reticule then wait for a lull in the gunfire and tap aim and fire. If they get to the other car right next to you they are probably close enough for a blindfire. If they clump together too much, toss a grenade to kill a few, or save it for a panic situation when you want to drive them away from the car. There is a cover position to your far left that they sometimes try to take that they can hit you from so don't let them get too far left. They will also try to run around the right side of your car and melee you, try to shoot them just before they get around the corner so that you can grab their dropped gun from cover if needed. They will also occasionally drop down onto the roof of the kiosk in front of you. If you try to pop up to take a shot while they are up there they will likely hit you, so aim up and blindfire with the shotgun. Once the shooter appears up on high on the steel beam you are close to the end. Blindfire a few more enemies and when the rest of Delta arrive give them the squad command to take the guy high up on the beam out.