[SUGGESTION] Slowest Platinum Trophy Milestone

Oh hell yes, I am all for this.

I remember when I got around to cleaning up Force Unleashed early this year, one of the first games I got with my PS3 back in 2011, and it was like 3 years or something.

GTA IV would be the next longest one, but there's a couple of trophies without timestamps because I played Lost and Damned on a friend's machine.

After going back and looking, here's those 2 games.

GTA IV: September 11, 2011 - August 26, 2014. Gap of 2 years, 11 months, and 15 days.

Force Unleashed: September 11, 2011 - January 10, 2015. Gap of 3 years, 3 months, and 30 days.

If this doesn't ever end up being made into a feature on the site, we should just turn this thread into a place to post your longest time I reckon.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

Except this would be too easy to earn and it would constantly be changing. It might be fun, but I would rather Sly take the time to implement more features (like *cough*areputationsystemforgamingsessions*cough*) or increase the site's stability/performance so it doesn't go down again and I find myself constantly reloading the page even if it's futile.

Tomb Raider Underworld:

First trophy:

Prologue
Complete the Prologue 3rd Jul 2009
5:44:09 PM
89.15%
Common
40-bronze.png

Plat:

Master of Tomb Raider: Underworld
Earn all the Trophies in Tomb Raider: Underworld 29th May 2014
3:27:44 PM
19.28%
Rare
40-platinum.png

4 years, 10 months, 3 weeks between first and last trophy...

So Yhea this milestone will be great :P

• Like 1

Tomb Raider Underworld:

First trophy:

Prologue

Complete the Prologue

3rd Jul 20095:44:09 PM

89.15%Common

40-bronze.png

Plat:

Master of Tomb Raider: Underworld

Earn all the Trophies in Tomb Raider: Underworld

29th May 20143:27:44 PM

19.28%Rare

40-platinum.png

4 years, 10 months, 3 weeks between first and last trophy...

So Yhea this milestone will be great :P

Mine is also Tomb Raider Underworld!

4 Years 7 months in my case. The game is garbage so I'm not surprised someone else gave up on this crap for so long

L8cce7d.png

1Scf238c.png

First Trophy
6 years ago 20th Jan 2010
4:51:50 PM Platinum
5 years, 7 months, 5 days 24th Aug 2015
11:42:03 PM

6.91%; very rare.  It was also my 100th plat, which was a very deliberate choice, as it was one of the three games I bought when I first got my ps3 and the second I played (the first was Prince of Persia, which I'll be getting to....someday). 

Mine is also Tomb Raider Underworld!

4 Years 7 months in my case. The game is garbage so I'm not surprised someone else gave up on this crap for so long

lost motivation to finish this game back in 2009....

Played the game again (with cheats) and finished it again in a few days

Ohhh goodie!  Something I can excel at! LMAO Considering I haven't platinumed a game since March, this just might be right up my alley.  I must be one of the slowest trophy hunter/platinum fiends on this site.  Right now I'm gonna guess that my slowest platinum will most likely be Killzone: Shadow Fall.  I broke it open and first played it on November 15, 2013 (actually November 16, 2013) - the PS4's launch day here in the US.  Still haven't platinumed it, but I think I'll have that done in the next few weeks.  Hopefully.  I'm not really a person that likes to rush through games anyway so this would be a really cool feature.

Could we get games with autopoppable trophies (Sound Shapes) blacklisted from eligibility for the "your fastest platinum" milestone?

Basically, any platinum that's under, say, 15 minutes, is probably the result of a glitch or autopopping and probably shouldn't be listed as your "fastest" if you want the milestone to mean anything. (Now someone will come along and say "Oh, but there's this VN that you can skip all the dialogue and the plat will take 5 mins"). 

Result of a glitch or autopopping....or, let's be honest, hacking in some cases.  Not Sound Shapes, but other games.

Could we get games with autopoppable trophies (Sound Shapes) blacklisted from eligibility for the "your fastest platinum" milestone?

Basically, any platinum that's under, say, 15 minutes, is probably the result of a glitch or autopopping and probably shouldn't be listed as your "fastest" if you want the milestone to mean anything. (Now someone will come along and say "Oh, but there's this VN that you can skip all the dialogue and the plat will take 5 mins").

Well darn you beat me to it.

As a statistic it would be cool, but I'm not sure in terms of a milestone as it's not exactly an achievement

Well kind of of what Biged said above, with the likes of easy VN and Auto pops like Sound Shapes and Sly 4, It's hard to call fastest platinum an achievement nowadays either.
  • Like 2