Social chest, white whale and the convoy

Ok, thanks for the info. I heard that those social chests are really difficult to find... Is it recommended to play AC 4 with other people in my friendlist?

Yeah most people have trouble with the chests, because those only spawn in specific locations. Whales and convoys are generally easier to find, because you spend quite some time on the sea. Some people claim it helps, while others say it has no effect, so I don't know about that. I did use this post to find the chest, whale, and convoy. I do know that you have to play online to be logged into Ubisoft's servers, otherwise these things won't spawn. Of course it's still random. If nothing spawns after an hour of searching, it's best to quit the game, log out of PSN, and log back in while praying you'll end up in a different server.

Lot of people have trouble with this because I don't think they take the time to thoroughly explore. I had no trouble at all getting these, but I also tended to grab every single chest and collectible in the game even if there was no reason to, and never used fast travel. I'd stumbled upon half a dozen of each by the time I was halfway through the story. So there you go, fully explore the game world. It also helps to have some friends playing it also.

• Like 2

Lot of people have trouble with this because I don't think they take the time to thoroughly explore. I had no trouble at all getting these, but I also tended to grab every single chest and collectible in the game even if there was no reason to, and never used fast travel. I'd stumbled upon half a dozen of each by the time I was halfway through the story. So there you go, fully explore the game world. It also helps to have some friends playing it also.

I did the same and found a few chests and whales. Had to farm for the convoy though and after I got the trophy, the convoys didn't seem to stop spawning. The game sure likes to troll.