Do you care if you platinum every game you play?

drummerklg

i don't know if this topic has been made before, but if it did,lets start it up again. It kind of annoys me how i won't be able to platinum every game i have due to borrowing it or downloading it and deleting it or the servers no longer working,so,do you care if you platinum every game on your trophy list?

• Like 1

I like playing Rock Band games which I know I'll never platinum, and outside of that I tend to aspire to platinum every game I play. However, it's not a requirement that I platinum every game. I'll usually push through if the struggle is hard tasks or win an highest difficulty, but a "bad" game will just be dropped.

So, no, don't really care, but I like to platinum games.

• Like 2

No, not one bit. What bothers me more is if I don't enjoy playing every game I play. While I love trophy hunting too and try to get as many trophies as I can while playing each game, if I fall short of earning the platinum because of a couple of really difficult or time consuming trophies then that's just the way it has to be.

• Like 3

quick answer = NO!

mainly because there are games that i just flat out didn't like and/or don't want to go through the pain to get to platinum... if going through that pain is fun for someone then they should do it but for some games it just isn't fun for me... i play games to have fun = Bottom Line.

if i love a game then it will get Plat'd

• Like 1

O aspire to platinum every game I play that has a platinum. I know at least one game on my list where the plat is impossible due to the servers being closed so that one isn't possible, But I do like to give it the ol' Allenbird try.

I care, but I'm also an anal-retentive completionist who likes to wring every last drop of value out of the titles I choose to play.

Just because it works for me doesn't mean everyone else needs to follow suit. If you're happy with not doing so, then don't do it.... but don't complain about those of us who do.

• Like 4

Nope. I only have one platinum trophy and I'm almost level 14 on the PSN. I play games for the enjoyment I get out of them and I don't go out of my way to do things I don't enjoy in a game to get trophies. If I don't enjoy a game it will sit at 0% or 1% on my list and it doesn't bother me one bit.

Parker

Quite frankly, I don't care much about Platinums. But I do trophy hunt because it allows me to fully experience the immersive gameplay to its full extent. I will, of course, boast to all of my friends who own a PS3 (Which, sadly, is a short list) about me platinuming a game. I mean, if a game has thoroughly difficult or rediculous trophies, mainly multiplayer, I would get around 60% on it and still enjoy myself (If you don't believe me, look:
). All and all, I do not need to plat a game to enjoy it.
Edited by navep9

I go into every game aiming for another platinum, but if the game isn't fun than I have no problem stopping short and moving on. Why waste my time when I'm not having fun? Platinums are suppose to increase the longevity of your favorite games.. not your most hated games.

• Like 2

No, not one bit. What bothers me more is if I don't enjoy playing every game I play. While I love trophy hunting too and try to get as many trophies as I can while playing each game, if I fall short of earning the platinum because of a couple of really difficult or time consuming trophies then that's just the way it has to be.

This.

I care more about my enjoyment of the game, than the trophies.

I will likely never platinum a game, but as long as I enjoy the game, make it through the story and I have fun, I don't care.

• Like 1

If i'm being honest, yes; I don't like not having the :platinum: trophy in all the retail games on my list. It doesn't keep me up at night but, it bothers me. Frankly, I don't love seeing games with less than 100% on my list, haha. I'm slowly going back to games that I GameFly'd and working through DLC and such to get my overall completion up :eyebrow: and, for the most part, i'm really enjoying re-visiting these games. My problem is that I have so many games that I still want to play (new releases and games that have been out for some time that I just haven't picked up yet).

I have come to accept that fact that there are a couple games on my list that I may never Plat though. There are also a few games that I will not get the 100% in simply because I just don't want to invest the time in them; they may be good games but, it's just not worth it to me. I'd rather move forward with a fresh game than grind out certain trophies for hours upon hours.

I'll try to get every trophy that I can, which includes platinums, but at some point you just have to look a game square in the eye and say "I think it's time that you and me stopped seeing each other."

This pretty much sums what I was going to say. :D In perfect world, sure I'd love to have all platinums, but with my life and schedule, some are just impossible for me to find the time to play. I do try to get as many as possible, but I don't lose sleep over it.

i don't know if this topic has been made before, but if it did,lets start it up again. It kind of annoys me how i won't be able to platinum every game i have due to borrowing it or downloading it and deleting it or the servers no longer working,so,do you care if you platinum every game on your trophy list?

I only the platinum the games I know how to beat , I don't play like football and plat it :S cause I'll never learn it so even if it's 2/10 I will not accept it

I would like to platinum most the games I play, but if I don't, it's no biggy, I have a huge amount of baccklog and I've decided that so I don't get caught up in it I will play 10 games at a time maximum, I'll move on from each game when I've:

1. Got Platinum

2. Got 100% Completion

OR 3. Played it to the point that I just don't feel like playing it anymore.