Do you care if you platinum every game you play?

drummerklg

I'd rather just have fun with a game, and get as many trophies as I can. If I really like a game, I'll either get a lot of trophies for it, or the platinum through repeated playthroughs.

But if I spent the time necessary to get trophies for all the games I have, I wouldn't be able to work, or have a life, since I have around 105 games, and only 4 platinums. ;)

If it's a game that I enjoy, I'll do my best to get that Plat but if the gameplay was boring, I won't be bothered for the plat.

But the main restrictions with getting the plat for me is the online pass, as I trade games with friends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Basically, trophies are fun, but they're just something extra, and should never be a replacement for an enjoyable game. If I really cared about getting platinum for all the games I had, I'd (1) have a TON more platinums and (2) it would likely severely hinder my enjoyment of gaming, because some of the trophies I'd be busting my ass over for a game I ultimately don't enjoy that much.

• Like 1

I don't try to go for the platinum unless I truly like the game, there are some games I like that I don't want to get the platinum because it either requires a lot of grinding (and I mean Disgaea's level of gridning, although I want to get Disgaea 4's platinum), it requires me to play the game's poorly executed online modes (Ninja Gaiden 3 as an example), or it has too many luck-based trophies.

One platinum that I am so close to (One Piece: Pirate Warriors) is really getting annoying, because 1 of the 2 trophies I need is heavily luck-based, all I need is 3 measly coins to unlock the last 7 skills I need and I think I am pretty close to the 100,000 kills too, once I get those 2 trophies, there's platinum #18.

Not Anymore. Though I used to be a trophy hunter. I only trophy hunt if I'm bored. There are some games I have which are too hard and really tedious such as luck-based online trophies, & game glitched-trophy(DoA5). I only go for platinum if I'm motivated enough & like the game. But If boredom strikes, I go for fun instead of killing myself & wasting my time getting platinums.

1) Transformers Fall of Cybertron- Some multiplayer trophies. Capture the flag, head hunter, & heavy metal war

2) Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - S rank

3) Dead or Alive 5- The 10- 50 throwdown invites, Survival Legend & Akira's command training are such a pain to get.

4) Final Fantasy 13-2. I'm stuck on a chapter.

Edited by NightWing127
  • Like 1

If I see a game having almost dead multiplayer but multiplayer trophies, I'll try getting as many trophies as I can but wouldn't stress myself out with the plat.

Games like AC II or God of War which don't have multiplayer, I usually try to plat.

... but only in the Summer... that's when my trophy addiction kicks is, in the rest of the year I buy games.

I do enjoy trophy hunting and do admit getting a platinum on a game I care about is a great feeling but I only platn the games I want. If I look at the trophy list and think it will be a chore instead of fun to get a certain trophy or have to get crazy multiplayer trophies I wont even try. After 4 years and 11 plats im content but it wont be my last.

Depends. Since I have been on the PSN for the past 6 years, I feel an obligation to start getting some in the games I choose and think will be the least time consuming or interest of getting. Some games I just forget about and don't play at all for years. And plus there are many games before the trophy boom that I have gotten 100% save on, such as Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.