Do you care if you platinum every game you play?

drummerklg

Oh hell yeah I do. 1 game remaining and I have 100% platinum / PSN 100%.

Don't buy all DLC ofcourse, I never want to play spec ops in MW3 again or want to get ridicoulus DLC trophies in RDR. RDR is one my favorite games, but they kind of f*cked up with the DLC. Undead Nightmare was good, except for Kingpin. That's what I mean, a ridicoulus trophy.

I don't just buy a game, I do a lot of research before I buy something.

And now my list is slowly shrinking, I need to look for more games. Maybe I'm too picky.

• 3 years later...

Only if I like the game and feel about getting it. The exception is Tales of Symphonia. I'd love to platinum it, but it's so time consuming and I think playing it for the platinum is going to change my perspective about the game, which is damn near perfect.

Edited by ElEyeman

Its not possible, unless youre the type of person to stick to either relatively easy games, series games, or dont play a vast amount of genres. Theres too many genres in games to platinum everyone you like and/start, no matter how good you are or time you have. Imagine youre the type of gamer who likes CoDs, RPGs (White Knight Chronicles, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, The Witcher 3, Souls series, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Ni No Kuni, Sword Art, Etc), several MMOs like Mag, shooters like Lost Planet series, Battlefield, alongside the aforementioned CoDs, etc. Thats really just only two genres alone, shooters and rpgs. Not even 10% of the total genres. What if I toss fighters and racers specifically, alone, into the mix? Oh so you like that genre and you like Wipeout, Modnation, Grand Trisumo, Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed, Midnight Club, (the hardest) Need for Speed? Ok, good luck getting all those plats to alongside everything else. You didnt forget about fighters right? Street Fighter, argubly Injustice, MvC, and plenty of others.

Edited by Mar

• 3 years later...

Care is a strong word.

I'd like to complete as much as possible for a few different reasons.

But if it ends up that I can't finish something for some reason, it's fine.

Partly why I'm dragging my feet on doing the version change trick for the FF15: Comrades trophies. I'd like to do it, but it seems like a lot of fiddling for a handful of annoying trophies.

Not really
Whenever I start a new game I take a few things into account to see if I'll platinum it.

1. How much I actually enjoy it

2. How many playthroughs are required to platinum it (MGS4 with 8 playthroughs? no way)

3. If it has max lvl MP grind (f**k that)

If I know I will not platinum it I will try to get at least rank A or 50%+ completion average

• 1 year later...

I remember when I started trophy hunting on 2014, that was so funny. I spend hours just for trophies. I still love trophy hunting, is one of my passions, but I feel is not the same after a long time anyway. I still can buy a game just for platinum trophy with no problem, the only thing that makes me stop getting a game is if I see in the trophy guide the game is too difficult or may spend more than 100+ hours... Well I'm not getting that game for sure.

I really don't care 100%, but the platinum in a game it means a lot for me personally it makes the game even greater, that feeling after hours grinding, or looking for collectibles or beating the game on the hardest difficulty. When you see and hear how the platinum unlocks.... So beautiful ?

Edited by bani24jj
  • Like 1

Since there are unobtainable trophies within my trophy list and a bunch of PS3 games that I'll never get to play again, no.  Not to mention buying some games with one expectation and realizing it was altogether something different, so I quit.  LOL ...my main goal is just to raise my completion % as high as possible.

• Like 1