Do you care if you platinum every game you play?

drummerklg

Complicated answer, I personally care but at the same time I kinda don’t.

The goal with this account is 100% with any game I feel like putting on it(no mater the difficulty, grind needed, or amount of bullshit involved) 

At the same time, If I got a unobtainable on my account today I’d still just trophy hunt for every possible trophy tho, because I stright up don’t give that much of a shit.

I guess at the end of the day my mindset is, Im here for the games, not the trophies.

But the trophies are a great gateway to experience more outta the games and to track my progress with them.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

As I get older and there's less time to play, I definitely care less about hunting plats, since lot of them are either grinding or just have online trophies that are often a pain to deal with.

That being said I still go for the plat if I'm really enjoying a game, I don't force myself if I'm not having fun with a game or the plat is just too hard for me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Couldn't care less :) 

I sometimes start up a game, and get a couple trophies, and never come back. It doesn't bother me. 

If i have a game i really want to platinum, i'll work hard at it, and hopefully get it.

exactly this, my profile is a representation of every game I've ever tried out (good and bad)

• Like 3

no. at the end of the day I play games as a hobby. I don't care about leaderboards, how many plats, how many unfinished games, etc. I'll either eventually get to them or i won't. I also dont want to play a game id enjoy if i just play it a bit and end up hating it due to some crap required for the plat.

To each their own.

• Like 2

I read an article years ago that changed the way I attempt games. Less than 30% of gamers ever get to the ending of a game that developers work hard for. Unrelated, in my youth, a passing Grade in School was 50%. I try plenty of games. But ones I know that I like and I appreciate, I make it a point to do my best to achieve 2 things.

1) finish the core gameplay set by the developers, whatever goal that is changes on the genre mostly.

2) get 50% completion or higher for trophies in the same game.

I don't play multiplayer, and can't stand RNG that doesn't add anything substantial to a game. So if I play a Single Player game that has an arbitrary multiplayer trophy, I go in KNOWING I'll never Plat it. Same with Missable RNG time sinks. But if a game is enjoyable, and is within my 2 parameters, I'll attempt to Plat until I no longer enjoy playing the game. I have a mixed record because of that, but it allows me to give it my all in a game and be rewarded for it for some, and know when to accept my time and move on without negative repercussions for others. 

• Like 1

Nope, couldn't care less.

What does bother me though is leaving a game unfinished. If a game is truly atrocious or insanely boring in some way, I'll drop it, but I've trudged through some games that I have minimal enjoyment with simply because I have this weird part of my lizard brain screaming at me "you must complete every game you start!". And by "complete" in my book, it's pretty much just getting to the credits or equivalent, no need for extra fluff or 100% completion. And if it's one of those "endless" games like Minecraft, I simply stop playing when I've had my fill (and maybe return to it once in a while, it's one thing I can appreciate about games like that).

I've definitely become less patient with games as I've gotten older though, I've already dropped 8 games since the start of this year, which is kind of a record number for me in less than 6 months.

According to my HLTB, my "retired" tab is at 9%, though I do have a few "endless" games in there such as MMOs. I'd say dropping roughly 1 in every 10 games isn't too bad, I do thankfully enjoy most of the games I play.

• Like 1

Yeah I would love to plat all games I played but honestly if I don't like the game or the plat is impossible for me I don't mind skipping it.

Also if I like a game that I know I will not get 100% for different reasons I don't care either. The day I skip a game I like for trophies that day I would preffer to leave gaming 

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 2

Sort of? I plat most games I play, and I have come back to clean up some that I put down for months or even years, but there are also games I can't be bothered with. Mafia 3 bored me to tears, not with the story, but with all the side content, and I couldn't be bothered to put together a boosting session for BF V for the "Death From Above" trophy, so I do have my limits.

Mostly depends on the game and trophy list. I like trophy hunting and going for plats, but having unfinished games don't really bother me that much. I'll try my best to plat/100% games I like, but if certain trophies are just too frustratingly hard I'm likely not gonna bother with the plat and just go for the trophies I am able to get. Sometimes I also take a break from particularily time-consuming trophies/games

Not at all. I'm a scrub compared to some on this site and other gaming groups. If I intended to platinum every game I played, I'd miss out on so many. 

Here are a few things I keep in mind

-Aim for at least one trophy. I only have 4 Fs, and I'd like for there to be no more added to the list.

-Ideally, a C average (by this site's metrics) or higher. And I'd usually like for overall completion to be at least 20%. 

-If I platinum a game, but not all its DLC lists than it's more than fine. I don't have 100% for Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, or Rocket League. I do have the platinums, though. 

I don't care if a game has a platinum or not but I have to get the 100% on everything I play. No judgment on those that don't, that's just one of my big personal gaming goals. Do all the things, get all the prizes.

Don't care how long it takes me either. I've been working on Crash 4 and Yakuza 0 bit by bit for months now while I play other stuff. I'll get them in the end. ?

I think the answer is “what are you searching in a game”. I mean, if you play casually it’s fine don’t care about trophies. But if all you search is some challenge, so go for all the trophies the game has to offer. The real question for me is: why should platinum some shitty bad-made game? ? i really don’t understand why some people are pride when say “I have 388 platinums” and the games are my name is Mayo-like. 

• Like 2

Yes I do care! And I will also try my best to 100% everything even if I think the game is really hard (for me) or if it takes ages, as long as I'm enjoying it

The only games I will not plat are those which I find too hard and not fun at all. This combo makes me quit

• Like 1